Rumour The Possible Trades Thread (Merged Threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

12 players isn't THAT much...Including the rookie draft, 143 players were picked up last year, so an average of ~9 players turned over per club. ( last year wasn't unusual ).

As for Thompson...I commented after seeing him for Coburg last year that he was dumb and lazy...Put him where the ball is, and he's pretty good at getting it, but he doesn't know where to go and even when he's told ( teammates were yelling at him to move to fill a gap at a defensive kickout ), he can't be bothered getting above a slow jog to get there. ( said defensive kickout went to the gap he left, and even though he was closest to the guy who got the ball, he couldn't be bothered chasing when he played on and carried the ball from CHB almost to CHF ).

Troy Selwood?

Havnt seen alot of him but only played 5 games this year. Too much of a hack? we could basically get him for nothing his only 26. Had alot of injury time at Brisbane, i remember he played some good matches back in 07.

Thoughts?

Re: Troy Selwood?

Havnt seen alot of him but only played 5 games this year. Too much of a hack? we could basically get him for nothing his only 26. Had alot of injury time at Brisbane, i remember he played some good matches back in 07.

Thoughts?

i can't believe you're my brother. you're a ****ing hack. and so is he. shove that suggestion up your arse. tell mum to bring my bike down on sunday, you ****.

i can't believe you're my brother. you're a ****ing hack. and so is he. shove that suggestion up your arse. tell mum to bring my bike down on sunday, you ****.

Haha...best post of the thread!

Yeah ****, bring his bike !!! :D:thumbsu:

Just played some catch up on this thread - No way to Miller (but yes to his partner, she is smoking hot). I would seriously consider pick 6 and McGaune for Sam Day. If we are delisting up to 12 players (inc. retirements), i have no issues then persuing Houli, Brennan, Knights and Mundy. If we could land half of that talent, we will go ok. Still need another ruckman though in my books.

On my previous point, Carlton are possibly looking to move on a ruckman, is there anything there Tigerheads would be keen on (obviously Kruzer is out of the question)?

GC are going to be looking at big boddied players so they dont get physically smashed in games next year, so what about we offer Tambling and McGuane for Toy and maybe a swap of picks? rumors are that he wants to return home and play. He could step straight into Tamblings role of half back, has better skill that Tambling. Thoughts?

Thoughts?

LOL Sometimes on here you find little snippets of pure gold.

Ryan Gamble?

apparantly wanting to leave cats for more oppourtunites, could help alot as a medium foward line player taking a little pressure off Jack.

Is only 22 (turing 23 soon) and is actually a good young player just got no oppourtunites due to cats being a awesome team.

Would come quite cheap, why not?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Ryan Gamble?

As he is a Geelong player who can't get a game so he must be talented but unlucky so most posters here will probably want him, if he played for a bottom 8 side, odds are no-one would want him.

political-pictures-do-not-want-surprised-guy.jpg

From what I have seen, he goes alright, just needs to convert more shots at goals... Would be happy to pick him up with a 3rd rounder or later!

On Gamble, most thought the same with Prismal too. Struggling to break into their list............. NO, lets recruit some talented kicks into our group from the draft.

There is a reason gamble isn't playing. He is not good enough plain and simple.

no thanks on gamble, you may say he is unlucky to miss out on a spot in geelongs 22, but when he does play he doesnt look much chop and if you cant look good in that tea, you are going to get found out in a team like ours.

Gamble looked like being anything a few seasons ago, but has gone backwards at a rate of knots ever since. He may be worth a look to see if we could get him back to what he was, but only with a rookie pick or the like.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour The Possible Trades Thread (Merged Threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back