The Precinct at Alberton (Formerly The Port Club)

Remove this Banner Ad

The port AGM is on friday, the port club and port store will be open late to cater to people who attend.
Remember, flowers in the lapel of your tuxedos so we can recognise our own. The lady posters here in tuxedos will be particularly obvious.

Any specific recommendations? I've tried a couple but haven't found one that can match the wares of your standard better than average Yiros joint.

Lawash Bakery as a few others have recommended

Khorasan Charcoal Kabab House - Days Rd

Kuhurasan Kebab - Prospect Rd

All different to a Yiros I agree - it's the smoky meat flavour that gets me

All this talk about hamburgers reminds me of that fateful day in 2012 at Skoda/Spotless. My food of choice that day was a camel burger. Probably the best food I have had at the footy.

I had Fudd's a couple of weeks ago, had the double cheeseburger. It was amazing.
The only thing better than the burger was the Simpsons reference on their counter.
12540866_595278710627270_8739470114865556782_n.jpg

I had a burger at the t20 a few weeks ago and got violently ill with food poisoning after - never eat anything from there again. I contacted them about it in the hope they might give a shit about patrons getting sick in the future - still waiting for the manager to give me a call back. Useless SMA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My personal opinion about the port club and the direction it should take(imo)-

The manager should just put on some bloody good pub food.

Have good cheap schnitzel nights. Like the Seaton hotel<<< best value snitty on their mon/tues special nights in Adelaide.

Have burger and beer deals.

Steak nights.

Start stocking some bloody delicious craft beers. I would actually pop in for a beer and the way home then.

Last but not least- get an awesome salad and veg bar!!!!!!!!!!! With a heap of good veggie dishes.

Have good cheap schnitzel nights. Like the Seaton hotel<<< best value snitty on their mon/tues special nights in Adelaide.

Steak nights.

Start stocking some bloody delicious craft beers. I would actually pop in for a beer and the way home then.

Last but not least- get an awesome salad and veg bar!!!!!!!!!!! With a heap of good veggie dishes.

So - just like the Prince of Wales then??

As for the beer... we are sponsored by Carlton Draught - so no chance in hell that they will bring in any other variety of beer!!

So - just like the Prince of Wales then??

As for the beer... we are sponsored by Carlton Draught - so no chance in hell that they will bring in any other variety of beer!!

An ice-cold pint of Carlton Draught is surprisingly acceptable

An ice-cold pint of Carlton Draught is surprisingly acceptable

OK, that's it.....this is a beer thread now.

These have been whetting my whistle lately.

0d3fed_c8c9ae76eded4a03a962cc120b30ef10.gif

feral1_1apun31-1apun36.jpg

pale_passive.png

Steak nights.

The current "cheap" schnitty nights are 25 dollar schnitzels. Outrageous.

The current "cheap" schnitty nights are 25 dollar schnitzels. Outrageous.
I think that's 2 schnitzels and a jug of beer. I go by the commentary of the couple behind me in line to order a meal last night. I didn't read it myself, I was too busy rehearsing my mustard stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Precinct at Alberton (Formerly The Port Club)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back