The Precinct at Alberton (Formerly The Port Club)

Remove this Banner Ad

But I reckon that what applies to a wall mural of champions and champion moments, also would apply to the museum. I don't see a difference. Is there a difference?

Obviously the complaint would have come from somebody from within the club and that's why they've acted. They wouldn't have acted if it came form the white noise.
I don’t agree with it, just trying to understand it.

1657616443045.png

220616-The-Precinct-venue-shots-25-.jpg

Just went in and the place was packed. Took my uncle who’s a Norwood supporter and boy was he envious. He’s a crows supporter too and said good luck crows getting anything as good as this.

Great to hear and it will always be the home of the Port Adelaide Football Club - something that can never be challenged in SA.

Did you check out the menu?

It's hoped the quality is top of the agenda as the dining experience will open the PAFC to a significantly broader clientele.

Great to hear and it will always be the home of the Port Adelaide Football Club - something that can never be challenged in SA.

It's hoped the quality is top of the agenda as the dining experience will open the PAFC to a significantly broader clientele.
Particularly if the food is good.;)

I did. It looks good, will be back to try a few things before.

No salad bar for those that liked that.

My old man made a few jokes about never even imagining bottles of wine priced at $100 being available to purchase at Alberton.

You may be severely disappointed, the folks went there for lunch the other day, the old man said if you wanted something fried you might be happy but he isn’t in a rush to head back for food.

That selection of pizzas is for an acquired taste really, not my type. I've eaten there twice already. Had the Chicken schnitzel and Flathead Fillets. I thought the servings were on the small side but they were cooked fine. I eat around other places and think that there's better value elsewhere. The $28 Beef schnitzel was removed from the menu before they started but in comparison to the portion size of the Chicken it was probably not worth it.

Needs to be far better than 'good'. There are a multitude of eateries that provide 'good' tucker. Being just 'good' doesn't cut it these days,
Plenty of places down that way you can get a good meal. Only 1 of them you can go through a port museum and have a drink overlooking the oval.
Meals just need to be average to be honest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plenty of places down that way you can get a good meal. Only 1 of them you can go through a port museum and have a drink overlooking the oval.
Meals just need to be average to be honest
That's it. Just needs to be simple food, fresh ingredients, cooked well and I'm happy.

Prices look pretty standard to me. Its not 2019 anymore. Food costs have become ridiculous.

Also not sure about the fried food thing. I counted 10 items out of 39 across the menu that would be fried. I'd say that would be on the low side compared to most pubs.

I'm going there during the week, see how it goes.

Not sure what people are bitching about, pricing looks about standard compared to some of the fancier pubs out there, and there's plenty of not fried stuff. If you ask nicely they might be able to do a hawaiian pizza for the pickier eaters.

Of course you can get better value at your basic pub, but this clearly isn't one of them.

They should call that Hawaiian a “Shane Warne” pizza just for laughs.

On iPhone using recycled electrons, via BigFooty.com mobile app

There are pictures of the original mural in this thread.

I too have heard that someone raised the no women in the mural issue and it was changed.

The feminisation of football.
Ok I should have posted this the other day when the Darryl Poole stories came out, but speaking to a Club 1870 member who volunteers for the club all year round, I asked what was the reason for the change, and she told me they stuffed up with putting the players mural upstairs.

The stories I heard were wrong and I should have asked why change it before I posted my comments above.

The intention is that The Precinct is supposed to be different in look and feel and the menu to the local pubs and drive traffic from around the local area as well as attract people who don't live close by, on game day and at other times. The club wants The Precinct to be a big revenue earner and profitable, given the upgrade to it and also to the retail store and the museum attracting people to Alberton.

I remember writing on here back in 2005 and 2006, after our big loss in 2005, that the Port Club is a great $4mil+ asset that helps showcase the club, but it has to start generating more revenue and profit. Nothing has changed and it has struggled to do that over the following 16 years. Now its probably a $10mil+ plus asset, so the club would want it generating $1mil+ profit each year.

It sounds like the club and consultants had a change of heart after the mural went up and said downstairs is all about football, and upstairs is all about food and beverage and you get the footy aspect by looking out the windows.

The players mural has been kept and will be going up in "the big shed" when it is built on the eastern side of the ground.

As much as I loved the football mural, I really like Darryl's mural of the port and like using the 160 year old wharf pylons and other stuff especially down stairs, it locks in the port is the heartland of the club, and the club is also part of the heartland of Port Adelaide.

Last edited:
They should call that Hawaiian a “Shane Warne” pizza just for laughs.

On iPhone using recycled electrons, via BigFooty.com mobile app
The Alberton Hotel probably has dibs on that, given that's where he lived the year he was at the cricket academy.

Prices look pretty standard to me. Its not 2019 anymore. Food costs have become ridiculous.

Also not sure about the fried food thing. I counted 10 items out of 39 across the menu that would be fried. I'd say that would be on the low side compared to most pubs.

I'm going there during the week, see how it goes.
I work in the hospitality industry, every second email is from a supplier notifying us of a price increase, minimum order requirement and or delivery fee increase. It's not only produce and food that have gone up, laundry, chemicals, packaging, cleaners, global coffee prices, minimum wage increase etc.

The cost to eat out is no longer what it was 2 years ago, the sooner people realise this the better.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

The Precinct at Alberton (Formerly The Port Club)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back