The Precinct at Alberton (Formerly The Port Club)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a simple guy... I'm sure you have all noticed 😘

What's a fücking smoked Yoder?
You Must Star Wars GIF by Regal
American smoker/grill brand.

Those prices seem reasonable and not far removed from the going rates.

EXCEPT

I've never seen the beef schnitzel more expensive than a chicken one, especially to five bucks!

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Must be behind the times out here again, 'cause the beef is either same price as chicken or a couple bucks cheaper.

I get a few schnitties from time to time.
Chicken is $9 a kg. My local club who has a kitchen open 4 days a week doesn’t offer beef schnitzel. Your almost losing money if you serve it at the same price.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there a thread here discussing the ongoing redevelopment of the oval?

First 1/5th of the thread is about the 2018 proposal which never happened. Then another big chunk is about the council approval process.

Last edited:
I'm a simple guy... I'm sure you have all noticed 😘

What's a fücking smoked Yoder?
You Must Star Wars GIF by Regal
Yeah, after reading the menu I had to Google it. Is it really such a big thing in SA that people are expected to know what it is? Maybe a small explanation on the menu wouldn't be amiss.

Yeah, after reading the menu I had to Google it. Is it really such a big thing in SA that people are expected to know what it is? Maybe a small explanation on the menu wouldn't be amiss.

Yoder as a brand is definitely linked to low and slow bbq.
If you are keen on that kind of thing then you'd likely know what it is.

That being said, it does seem weird to link to a US bbq brand, particularly now, ten years after the whole thing took off here in SA.

First 1/5th of the thread is about the 2018 proposal which never happened. Then another big chunk is about the council approval process.

March 2018, just before the state election that Labor lost having promised funds for the original redevelopment plan, Xenophon ditto.

Koch announced the plans on the basis of another promise, a $20,000,000 grant from State Grid Corporation of China, which KT and Andrew Hunter brought back from Beijing a week or so earlier (the promise, not the grant).

State Grid remains 46% owner of ElectraNet in SA, with whom I keep nagging the Club to negotiate a partnership. The State Grid directors on the ElectraNet board are the same as they were in 2018 and with whom we had a good thing going until Trump’s trade war with China influenced a hiatus that is yet to be mended yet could be mended tomorrow if the Club, currently minus a GM Commercial, could get its act together.

Andrew Hunter wrote about it in his book, corroborating what I’ve said above.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Precinct at Alberton (Formerly The Port Club)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back