Roast The Problem That Remains With Our List

Remove this Banner Ad

Should we perhaps go after Jack Watts?

He was number 1 pick for a reason.

And let's face it, Melbourne are not known for developing young players.

De-Melbournify him and I reckon we would have a handy CHF on our hands.

Im not sure you can De-Melbournify this current crop. Im starting to think Roos feels the same way now.

Should we perhaps go after Jack Watts?

He was number 1 pick for a reason.

And let's face it, Melbourne are not known for developing young players.

De-Melbournify him and I reckon we would have a handy CHF on our hands.

Nope unless it's Naomi.

Imagine how well received his half-arsed efforts would be on here.

Pretty sure he's playing injured this year. He's consistently stood up for Geelong in big moments. I'd have him at NM in an instant. Also kicked possibly the best (and most underrated) goal in GF history:

I wasn't picking on him this year...i was picking on his whole career. I think he's a plodder that rested on his laurels yonks ago and never took the next step

Not the Watts stuff again. I was all for it last season but he re-signed. Case closed on that one. They'd also want more than he's worth simply because he was a number 1 draft pick

We'd need to have a side where people have to earn their way in.

Right now we do not have that.

I have faith it is coming
Still, it's arrogant for some to say we can take a guy who's underperforming at Melbourne and turn him around like you're performing home renos on a shit shack with lack of affirmative evidence.

Still, it's arrogant for some to say we can take a guy who's underperforming at Melbourne and turn him around like you're performing home renos on a shit shack with lack of affirmative evidence.

It is arrogant.

I want us to be worthy of arrogance again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to Denham, Waite's manager Alex McDonald has basically told Carlton that Waite has a 2 year deal on the table at North, and if Carlton's offer stays at 1 year, he will be leaving.

We need to inject some pace in the middle with some flashy outside receivers first and foremost, and we could use a mature tall forward that is in their mid to late 20's at the most while Black, Brown, Daw and Wood continue to develop at AFL/VFL level as 2nd or 3rd talls depending on the situation with the aging Petrie.

Everyone knows we lack outside runners and key forwards. Case closed.

The real question for me is: unless we're going to win next year's premiership, why bother topping up on 28+ year olds when the following 4 flags (at least) have already been gifted to Gold Coast and GWS?

Are we better of trading good players for draft picks and building towards a behemoth in 6-7 years?

Everyone knows we lack outside runners and key forwards. Case closed.

The real question for me is: unless we're going to win next year's premiership, why bother topping up on 28+ year olds when the following 4 flags (at least) have already been gifted to Gold Coast and GWS?

Are we better of trading good players for draft picks and building towards a behemoth in 6-7 years?

GC or GWS will be lucky to win one flag between them in the next five years.

Yes they have good kids, and will have good teams.

But the 'they are going to win everything' line assumes that the rest of the competition stands still; never going to happen.

They will be in the mix, but so will everyone else.

But the 'they are going to win everything' line assumes that the rest of the competition stands still; never going to happen.

That and Sydney will continue to be given the moon.

Yep, they got handed concessions and buckets of cash so they wouldn't be sitting at the bottom for 10 years. Salary cap/homesickness will still hit them the same as everyone else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast The Problem That Remains With Our List

Remove this Banner Ad

Back