UK The Queen

Remove this Banner Ad

This thread is actively moderated, let's behave like adults, shall we?

For conversation on an Australian Republic:

Last edited:
Here is the response of Sinn Fein:

They've got to play the diplomacy game now. It's looking likely that Sinn Fein might win government in both Northern Ireland and the Republic

and if that happens they'll have to netotiate with British Unionists as part of that governance. Even in a united Ireland they'll have daily contact. They can't keep to an adversarial position if they hope to win government and unite the country. And so they pragmatically offer their condolences.

Which makes them more German than anything else. Not as German as Queen Victoria and her Children but still pretty German.

Does it matter? As I said, Charles was born in England, as was his mother and three of his grandparents. I had two grandparents born in Ireland, but myself, both my parents and two of my four grandparents were born in Australia. I'm a citizen of both the country I was born in and the country that two of my four grandparents were born in. Am I Irish or Australian?

Prince Charles has German ancestry through both his mother, Queen Elizabeth II, and his father, Prince Philip. Both parents share Queen Victoria as a great-great-grandmother (which means they are distant cousins).

Queen Victoria's mother, the duchess of Kent, was born in Germany; Queen Victoria's husband was German-born Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha. Hence the German ancestral connection.

On July 17, 1917, during the anti-German atmosphere of World War I, King George V (grandfather of Elizabeth II) replaced the German-sounding title Saxe-Coburg-Gotha with that of Windsor for all descendants of Queen Victoria in the male line who also were British subjects.

So Windsor is the surname of Prince Charles, Princess Anne, Prince Andrew and Prince Edward. In 1960, Queen Elizabeth created the name Mountbatten-Windsor for other descendants not styled prince/princess or royal highness.

The name Mountbatten, by the way, is anglicized from the German family name of Prince Philip's mother, Princess Alice of Battenberg.

Charles out and about .
At 1.30sec a strange Russian looking lady hands him some flowers .

Oooh and what do we know about this "Russian looking Lady" ( who is from Hamstead Heath btw)

What's your point? Was there something in the flowers? That must mean the Dutch are involved as everyone knows the Netherland Mafia controls the flow of flowers.

Have they returned the shit they stole from our First Nations Peoples yet, now that she’s finally ****ed off?
If the chinless FA cup eared wants any respect he’d better start writing a long list of apologies and follow through like the Catholic Church did under John Paul II and they must return all the artefacts they knocked off from the commonwealth indigenous communities!
Also, **** the monarchy and anyone that benefits from it.
Cheers cc
👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have they returned the s**t they stole from our First Nations Peoples yet, now that she’s finally *ed off?
If the chinless FA cup eared wants any respect he’d better start writing a long list of apologies and follow through like the Catholic Church did under John Paul II and they must return all the artefacts they knocked off from the commonwealth indigenous communities!
Also, * the monarchy and anyone that benefits from it.
Cheers cc
👍

Was very awkward last night to have Welcome to Country immediately followed by a minute's silence for Lizzie and God Save the Queen playing. :drunk:

Theresa May's story about dropping the cheese on the floor and the Queen saw it, and Theresa put the cheese back on the table ,is enthrawling stuff.
What a wonderful and interesting anecdote from Theresa. Lol.

I wish Billy Connolly was up and about in his old form. He met the Queen several times and I'm sure he would tell some ripping yarns in his unique style.

Somewhere on youtube is him telling a fart joke about the Queen Mother and the King of Tonga at Elizabeth's coronation and it's a ripper. And apparently it's 100% true.

King of Tonga was seated next to the King of Tonga at the parade when one of the horses gave off a loud, long and wet fart.

The Queen Mother turned to the King of Tonga and said 'Oh, I am sorry'. to which the King of Tonga politely replied, "It's alright M'am, I thought it was the horse."

Theresa May's story about dropping the cheese on the floor and the Queen saw it, and Theresa put the cheese back on the table ,is enthrawling stuff.
What a wonderful and interesting anecdote from Theresa. Lol.
Always knew Theresa May was a pos. It a nice story about the Queen but not a great one about Theresa May.

Not a single one of those atrocities started after she was Queen.

LOL .. she headed up the enterprise and did nothing to pay back the land and wealth they stole. I mean the silly old bat wore a lot of that wealth in her silly hat. Glad she is gone.

Once Charlie starts speaking about his anti-anti-immigration views and pushing for drastic climate action, I can't wait to see all the conservative nobs who did everything to keep this archaic joke of a political system running to join the Republican ranks.

LOL .. she headed up the enterprise and did nothing to pay back the land and wealth they stole. I mean the silly old bat wore a lot of that wealth in her silly hat. Glad she is gone.

Once Charlie starts speaking about his anti-anti-immigration views and pushing for drastic climate action, I can't wait to see all the conservative nobs who did everything to keep this archaic joke of a political system running to join the Republican ranks.
Isn't there a Chinese curse that goes along the lines of 'May you live in interesting times...'?

If you really still see Australia as a real British Colony then you are beyond help, my friend. Tony Abbott is that you?
I think what Underarm is referring to is that, in a legally defined way, the Monarch is a separate head of state for each country that still has it as head of state. So there was a Queen of Australia as legally distinct from the Queen of England, or even Great Britain. Ditto Queen of New Zealand or Canada.

Same person but different legal titles.

Having said that, I'm no fan of the British Crown whatsoever. F*ck them off out of it!

I think what Underarm is referring to is that, in a legally defined way, the Monarch is a separate head of state for each country that still has it as head of state. So there was a Queen of Australia as legally distinct from the Queen of England, or even Great Britain. Ditto Queen of New Zealand or Canada.

Same person but different legal titles.

Having said that, I'm no fan of the British Crown whatsoever. F*ck them off out of it!

What he was referring to was that she is technically still the Australian Monarch therefore it is correct to "simp for her", which is a pathetic outdated peasant mentality to have

What he was referring to was that she is technically still the Australian Monarch therefore it is correct to "simp for her", which is a pathetic outdated peasant mentality to have
No matter what she is or was, you are correct that it is pathetic to simp for her or for the Monarchy at all, I can have a 'live and let live' attitude, and life in Australia requires no pledge of Regal Allegiance, but simping?

Sh*t's just f*cked up is what it is.

Remove this Banner Ad

UK The Queen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back