UK The Queen

Remove this Banner Ad

This thread is actively moderated, let's behave like adults, shall we?

For conversation on an Australian Republic:

Last edited:

I always thought it was amazing that we had a major political figure that worked with Winston Churchill. Elizabeth II was a bridge between that very dark era to our own time, and for as long as she was alive, it made me realize that the evil of WWII was not that long ago.
I am a republican, but even I generally liked Elizabeth.

Bow/Take the knee for your new King

5be9de9948eb1211b20e2ee3

RIP

An amazing innings and in all that time hardly put a foot wrong. Just a steady constant and graceful presence.

Only real controversies were due to her dealing with her ****ed up family.

Interesting to what happens from here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My partner reckons whilst she was in the UK the Queen pulled up at an intersection she was crossing and looked her dead in the eye and waved to her.

My partner bangs on about that at least twice a year, looking forward to her waking up and telling the same story again for the next 56 days.

My partner reckons whilst she was in the UK the Queen pulled up at an intersection she was crossing and looked her dead in the eye and waved to her.

My partner bangs on about that at least twice a year, looking forward to her waking up and telling the same story again for the next 56 days.
Was this before or after Freddie died?

Why, and for who? And where?

In any kind of revolt, you're not lasting long.
All those people in Britain watching while multiple millions of pounds of taxpayers money are spent on what's about to happen and they're struggling to feed and heat themselves. Charles ain't gonna skimp on what he sees as his birthright and it wouldn't surprise me if his subjects aren't quite as happy with what God has sent them this time round.

Remove this Banner Ad

UK The Queen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back