Analysis The Rebuilds of Geelong and Richmond and their Future Prospects

Who has the better future prospects?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 2037056View attachment 2037057

Speaks to what we already know really, just one Tiger inside the top 40, with Daicos streets clear of the competition.

Using MR's foolproof 'pLaYeR RaTiNgS' system, it really starts to make sense. The situation truly is dire down at Punt Rd.

What do ya reckon Fadge? Have we been too hard on him? I'm starting to like his evaluating system!
Really did ourselves a disservice not getting a couple extra games into Browns dad

Richmond's favourite stats guru Hoyney has Max Holmes moving up to the 4th best player in season 2024.

1. Marcus Bontempelli (Western Bulldogs)
Previous ranking at Round 12: 2

“We have a new number 1 rated player in the competition who has overtaken Isaac Heeney,” Hoyne said on SEN’s Sportsday.

“‘The Bont’ is back to number 1 in the competition. It is ridiculous what he is doing at the moment.”

2. Isaac Heeney (Sydney)
Previous ranking at Round 12: 1

Isaac Heeney is number 2.

“Just a little bit of a watch on Isaac. The last two months of the season he has been 53rd in the comp.

“He’s still going well but it was always a bit unrealistic to go at the levels that he was going at in the first two months of the year.

“A little bit of everything (has dropped off). Top 50 or thereabouts over the last two months is still a very good footballer. It’s just not at the levels as the first seven weeks of the year.”

3. Izak Rankine (Adelaide)
Previous ranking at Round 12: 3

“He is absolutely flying at the moment and remains at number 3.”

4. Max Holmes (Geelong)
*Previous ranking at Round 12: 5

“We’ll keep pumping up this guy and continue to sing his praises - Max Holmes is at number 4.”

5. Christian Petracca (Melbourne)
Previous ranking at Round 12: 4

“Unfortunately for Christian he won’t be here too much longer. He probably won’t be here in our Round 20 edition.

“He’s at number 5 in the competition still.”

6. Nick Blakey (Sydney)
Previous ranking at Round 12: 10

“How good was he on Saturday? Unbelievable his performance on the weekend.

“That last quarter was one of his highest rated quarters ever.”

7. Nick Daicos (Collingwood)
Previous ranking at Round 12: 7

“We talked about him in the last edition of this.

“He is coming with a bullet and continues to come with a bullet.”

8. Bailey Dale (Western Bulldogs)
Previous ranking at Round 12: Outside top 10

“He has always been high up in our ratings system for the aggressiveness and the elite ball use.”

9. Dan Houston (Port Adelaide)

“Likewise with Dan Houston. He is always high up in our ratings system.”

10. Jack Sinclair (St Kilda)

“This guy is flying at the moment. Number 10 in the competition.

“His last two months have been absolutely brilliant after a slow start.”
The herbs and spices finally starting to make some sense I say.

Richmond's favourite stats guru Hoyney has Max Holmes moving up to the 4th best player in season 2024.

Come on, man.

You should know better than to use PlaYeR RatiNgZ to support an argument...

Daicos 7th, and no Gulden, Warner or Cripps in the top 10?

Come on, man.

You should know better than to use PlaYeR RatiNgZ to support an argument...

Daicos 7th, and no Gulden, Warner or Cripps in the top 10?

The heading is wrong in the article.

It's not the best players of the season, it's the best players in the competition at the moment.

Weighting is given to the last 8 rounds (2 months) over the previous 8 rounds

If you listen to their justification, Heeney was the #1 player in the comp after the first 7 rounds, but he's dropped off and been about the 40-50th ranked since that point.

They've hit the time threshold at which point he is now starting to get penalised for it when discussing who is the best right now.

I wouldn't read too much into this. I'm sure there were a bunch of Richmond youngsters just outside the top 10.

Back