Remove this Banner Ad

Matty411

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 21, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Rookie Hunger Games
584349_f5156f9c40c435c72e926f5830d1472d.png

Over the next few weeks – away from the Qooty – I want to run our rookies through a Three-Round Roulette Wheel that will test their will, wit and hunger for the Sweet FA.

The three challenges will allow our rookies to use whatever tools they have at their disposal – be that sharp wit, humour, graphic design, and eloquent prose – to impress in taking on the challenges.

The first round will be open to all current Season 26 rookies, with a panel voting the group down to no more than 8 for Round 2.

The voting panel will be made up of yours truly; Bears Legend and current-day Wonders hero Dingster (S25 FRED Medallist, All SFA S25, Bears HOF S19 and Premiership Captain S22); as well as a personal favourite of mine – 2 x Premiership Player S23/24, Bombers Captain S25-26, All SFA S24 and reigning #2 beez – KohPhi.

Who's eligible? All current S26 rookies
Deadline: Participants will have 3 days to submit (close of business, Thursday 22nd)

Current Rookies (Please let me know if I have missed anyone and I'll add you in)

Bombers
Blue__Balls
Warriors TheInjuryFactory CM9000
Dragons FFC boneofshin CinnaMay mistylake Pea Nut Wayne's-World
Hawks Drunkgoliath
Furies THE_GUN Lsta062 Tiger Toffee Shadowthorn PieLebo87
Royals grumbleguts SunshineTiger Simon_Says MrPremiership
Gumbies Jivlain neal09 The Bandwagon
Bears SilvaComet Farm Boy Barrybran gordo2016 jatz14 Back One Out kdavva74 Argas Tuft caloschwaby magpienato Cincinnatus Tandy
Demons TheDarkDwarf ABray10 Sir Hugh Percy FinBar19
Roys FFC Thommo333
Swamprats tonygeeks Nunez jackster83 Kirkswan
Wonders Sab22 KBLT Cleanupsoup Beutbrute

Round 1

The first round will tests your ability to think outside the box, combining wit and humour. Rookies must come up with a solution to the following dilemma.

Scenario: Your side is in the grand final and you’ve had a pretty good day. It’s deep in the fourth quarter and you’re 5 points behind with time running out. You get the ball from the clearance and are streaming along the wing towards F50 when your FF calls for it 30 out. You have the chance to go for glory and win the game for your team or play it safe and deliver it to your teammate.

Part I. What’s going through your head at that moment?

Part II. Call the final moments of the Qooty Commentary and the direct aftermath of the result.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

haha that I did! Never said I was exempt from hypocrisy! Besides, I just love a good '@'.
Also, editing tags into an existing post only serves to make you look less incompetent, it doesn't send out a notification to the taggees.

You'll have to tag all the rookies again, and I'd suggest that, in light of Chief's advice to committee, you only tag 5 players per post, as often extended tagging powers don't work due to an issue with Xenforo.

Was working off an old list, will add you in and gladly accept your awesome and superb submission :)
Cool do we inbox our response or post it so the others can see and beat it?

Also, editing tags into an existing post only serves to make you look less incompetent, it doesn't send out a notification to the taggees.

You'll have to tag all the rookies again, and I'd suggest that, in light of Chief's advice to committee, you only tag 5 players per post, as often extended tagging powers don't work due to an issue with Xenforo.
Cheers, AB. Was more for material reasons (edits). Will post with tags to bring them all in.
Cool do we inbox our response or post it so the others can see and beat it?
Yeah you can PM to me if you like, mate. Otherwise posting here is fine - whatever you feel comfortable with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Easiest decision of my life.

Look inboard, pretend I haven't seen the meathead in the forward 50, take a bounce, slow a touch, keep "looking for an option" through the middle.

I'm a cowboy...

See. the whole time, Bon Jovi's Dead or Alive is playing in my head. By this stage, old mate at full forward is screaming himself hoarse, waving his arms around, but it's no good because the opposition have gotten numbers back and the contest isn't in our favour. What a shame.

On a steel horse I ride...

The opposition half back has left his man now, and is coming at me to pressure the disposal. He's left his man open though, and I could loop a handball over the top and let him take the shot.

I'm wanted...

But deep down I know he doesn't have the distance in his skinny right leg. So I play the percentages, feign a handpass over the top, but at the last minute tunnel it towards the boundary line. As the wannabe-hero-half-back blinks in disbelief at the audacious play, I'm already past him and madly chasing the loose ball as it rolls end over end towards the line.

(Wanted...)

Fumble the first pick-up, paddle it on, paddle it again, then it sits up. From 55 out I'm right on my range, but I've got a full head of steam and know I've got the journey. Dickhead at full forward has doubled back to the square and is still selfishly calling for the ball. He makes on last lead but we both know where the ball is going. As I slam the ball onto the boot, I can hear Jon in the back of my mind.

Dead or alive...

Of course, the kick is an absolute shank. The kind of floater you only ever see in a pub toilet on Mexican Parma Night.

But as planned (As. ****ing. Planned. I tell the coach...) Caveman at FF gets a soft free kick for holding the man and lines up for the premiership-winning goal from the top of the square.

We both know he'd have missed from 30 out.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Media The Rookie Hunger Games [ROUND 1]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back