Fixture The Run to Finals

Which teams will play Finals?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

2xljoi.jpg

Fun to think how we’ve gone from thinking about who we might get to play in a final to being a couple of games away from the bottom 5
Almost as if our supporter base melts whenever we lose and the sky is falling.

I think the issue was people getting carried away with the ladder position and ignoring the bad losses against other finals contenders and the bad wins against sides we ought to be burying.

At least for one brief, shining moment Dodoro had proved the doubters wrong and built a top 4 list

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the issue was people getting carried away with the ladder position and ignoring the bad losses against other finals contenders and the bad wins against sides we ought to be burying.

At least for one brief, shining moment Dodoro had proved the doubters wrong and built a top 4 list
I think the issue is that we overreact to literally everything. Especially losses.

It's almost like our supporters have seen this movie multiple times over the past 2 decades.

I think the issue is that we overreact to literally everything. Especially losses.

Meh people criticise the list and players and coaching and the many issues at the club most weeks, they get shot down and told they are wrong, it will be ok, it's getting better.
Plenty of people blindly defend the club which makes for pretty shit discussion just as much as negative emotions after a loss.

Meh people criticise the list and players and coaching and the many issues at the club most weeks, they get shot down and told they are wrong, it will be ok, it's getting better.
Plenty of people blindly defend the club which makes for pretty shit discussion just as much as negative emotions after a loss.
I'll let you in on a secret: there are far more people who just whinge that nothing goes right than the reverse.

I'm not saying that we're a great team who are guaranteed to make top 4 or anything but the overreactions after every loss makes this place extremely toxic.

I'll let you in on a secret: there are far more people who just whinge that nothing goes right than the reverse.

I'm not saying that we're a great team who are guaranteed to make top 4 or anything but the overreactions after every loss makes this place extremely toxic.
I think overall it's a reasonably 'steady' group of supporters here - once the emotion of a bad loss/good win dies down. There are always those with opinions that can't be changed, but that's life.
For me, there's a staleness to the team right now, for whatever reason and that's something we've been unable to turn around in the past.

Even the best teams have fans like this. For us I think it's a bit of a defence mechanism. In the back of our minds we all expect to crash out post bye so every loss is an affirmation to that suspicion. I hope regardless we can all be good to each other, but obviously you can't control other people's behaviour.

There's three possibilities for the rest of the season. We get out of the form slump and finish the season strongly, we plateau and split the rest of our games and scrape into the 8, or we drop even further and crash out.
Essendon obviously usually does one of the latter 2 and that's what we're all probably expecting. But option 1 is still on the board for the time being.

Even the best teams have fans like this. For us I think it's a bit of a defence mechanism. In the back of our minds we all expect to crash out post bye so every loss is an affirmation to that suspicion. I hope regardless we can all be good to each other, but obviously you can't control other people's behaviour.

There's three possibilities for the rest of the season. We get out of the form slump and finish the season strongly, we plateau and split the rest of our games and scrape into the 8, or we drop even further and crash out.
Essendon obviously usually does one of the latter 2 and that's what we're all probably expecting. But option 1 is still on the board for the time being.
Agree, though I think it will be all-or-nothing: option 1, or 3.

Still think we're a b+ team at present.
Next week will tell us where we're at.
For me that was the Geelong game not this one. Yeah umpiring and yeah weather but at the MCG against one of our biggest bogey teams who were understrength and on a losing streak. It was really disappointing how we just folded when things didn't go our way. I was hoping we were done with performances like this.

For me that was the Geelong game not this one. Yeah umpiring and yeah weather but at the MCG against one of our biggest bogey teams who were understrength and on a losing streak. It was really disappointing how we just folded when things didn't go our way. I was hoping we were done with performances like this.
Given the health of our list and Geelongs poor form, there’s no alibi for this performance.

This was the acid test and we failed.

Back