The San Antonio Spurs thread - A Fiesta of Youth

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinions on why the F pop keeps playing Ayres instead of Baynes? Dudes close to the worst player in the league.

Parker is out for the Suns and Warriors games and is a maybe for the Thunder game. I expect Joseph to start and Mills to come off the bench so the rotations stay intact.

So after 30 games we sit 3rd in the West, what do you think we need to improve on and do better?

Who needs to step up more and do we need to take any trades?

So after 30 games we sit 3rd in the West, what do you think we need to improve on and do better?

Who needs to step up more and do we need to take any trades?

Duncan is one that needs to step up unfortunately. He has no confidence in his shot and I was reading an article that said he had 0 baskets in crunch-time this season (whatever that is). His 15-18 footer use to be money, but right now they aren't going in.

Hopefully he finds his touch in the second have of the season.

I dunno about those crunch time stats? he hit the game winning shot against Atlanta? and has averaged around 15 and 10 over the last 15 games I think, which is better than I thought he would do this year. But yes he needs to start hitting his jumper more consistently.

Out of interest how many home games have SA lost this year? The 'win factory' have cost me against Houston + OKC. Knowing my luck probably the only home games they've list.

Out of interest how many home games have SA lost this year? The 'win factory' have cost me against Houston + OKC. Knowing my luck probably the only home games they've list.

We've lost 5 home games this season. The (gulp) Knicks was the most recent one. Not sure about the other 2. We seem to be cruising at the moment. It's like they are just biding their time until they can get back to the Finals. Could be dangerous if they take that attitude into the early rounds of the Playoffs. We're still not get enough inside scoring. I love Boris, but if he's your best low post scorer, you're in trouble. Parker does an admirable job, but we have to conserve his ankles. Looks like all those killer cross-overs he's inflicted on others over the years have come back to haunt him. Even though I've come to appreciate Splitters role on the team a bit more this year, I still don't think we'll miss him too much. Hopefully Baynes gets more minutes.

/rant

Spurs don't start playing seriously until the rodeo road trip and after the Allstar break. This is when Pop meshes what he has seen and the players start getting serious, will probably see a big winning streak or two also.

I wouldn't be worrying about if we have beat contenders yet, if we fail to beat one after the Allstar break then I would panic.

Losing Splitter is huge, but if it gives Baynes some pt then it could be a blessing in disguise - Much like when Green filled in for Manu in 2012 when he was injured.

Just watched our game against the Blazers. It was a great game except for the result. Even though I really like LMA, I couldn't believe the amount of elbows he was allow to throw on offence. Poor old Boris didn't know what to do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Refs were poor but I don't see him beating us in the playoffs... How good has Manu looked though. If he keeps playing the way he has he should be a favourite for 6th man of the year.

Time to panic a bit? Don't seem to have any confidence to beat the top teams and injuries are really starting to mount up now...

Time to panic a bit? Don't seem to have any confidence to beat the top teams and injuries are really starting to mount up now...

No shame in being beaten by the best. We have also always seem to struggle against OKC. They just seem to match up well against us. Durant is a beast and it was always going to be a struggle once Kawhi got hurt. What annoys me is the fact we let Reggie Jackson have the type of game he did. Oklahoma only really have 2 scorers right now and yet we still couldn't shut them down. Hopefully once we get some players back from injury our defence will be a lot better.

I'm concerned, but I'm not panicking. Yet...

No shame in being beaten by the best. We have also always seem to struggle against OKC. They just seem to match up well against us. Durant is a beast and it was always going to be a struggle once Kawhi got hurt. What annoys me is the fact we let Reggie Jackson have the type of game he did. Oklahoma only really have 2 scorers right now and yet we still couldn't shut them down. Hopefully once we get some players back from injury our defence will be a lot better.

I'm concerned, but I'm not panicking. Yet...

what are we 1-8 against contenders or something... that's a bit of a worrying sign in my opinion(even more so we have a shocking record at home for our standards) and now with 3 of our starters out I do see us dropping some games leading up to the ASG. at least it will give more players (Joseph, Thomas) some more playing time to build up confidence.

The one thing that really stood out to me is that Ginobili can really trouble Durant which was a surprise, if we do play them in the playoffs I can see Pop throwing Ginobili on him more if Kawhi is in foul trouble.

Duncan needs to do more against OKC it seems to be such a horrible match up for him.

what are we 1-8 against contenders or something... that's a bit of a worrying sign in my opinion(even more so we have a shocking record at home for our standards) and now with 3 of our starters out I do see us dropping some games leading up to the ASG. at least it will give more players (Joseph, Thomas) some more playing time to build up confidence.

The one thing that really stood out to me is that Ginobili can really trouble Durant which was a surprise, if we do play them in the playoffs I can see Pop throwing Ginobili on him more if Kawhi is in foul trouble.

Duncan needs to do more against OKC it seems to be such a horrible match up for him.

Yeah, Ginobili fails to get a lot of defensive fouls unfortunately due to his 'reputation' which hurts his effectiveness at times.

The problem against OKC with Duncan is the Perk/Ibaka combo. Perk can knock him around down low and Ibaka is long enough to bother his mid range shot. The positive is Diaw has developed a nice inside-outside game which stretches OKC a bit more.

I think having Splitter out leaves us exposed when guards and freaks like Durant/Lebron drive to the hoop. Hopefully this will rectify a bit once he returns.

Don't think the Spurs should get too worried by the loss to OKC. Missing Green and Leonard basically meant KD would wreak havoc on their defence and I assume everything will be good to go in the playoffs.

Wouldn't matter against Durant, he would still get called for the foul.

As much as I dislike 90% of the Thunder team, I just can't dislike KD. He's just too good and has managed to stay humble. Reminds me a lot of Duncan.

Don't think the Spurs should get too worried by the loss to OKC. Missing Green and Leonard basically meant KD would wreak havoc on their defence and I assume everything will be good to go in the playoffs.

You still had Westbrook out though. And we should have stopped Jackson from having the game he did. Should've put Belinelli, Mills or Joseph on him, rather than persisting with Parker.

Also, what's the deal with Thabeet? Can he play? What's his inside D like?

You still had Westbrook out though. And we should have stopped Jackson from having the game he did. Should've put Belinelli, Mills or Joseph on him, rather than persisting with Parker.

Also, what's the deal with Thabeet? Can he play? What's his inside D like?

Jackson always manages to play well against the Spurs, but I was happily surprised to see him perform once again. Driving his trade value up!
As for Hasheem, he basically just puts his hands up.

Looks like Manu did his hammy... 4 for our best players out... still no back up SF... our back court is gonna look so ugly for the next month till Green and Leonard are back.

Still playing like garbage against top teams and our defense has still not improved... Pretty damn worried about this team atm don't know how we will get to the WCF with all these injury prone players and inconsistent defense.

Remove this Banner Ad

The San Antonio Spurs thread - A Fiesta of Youth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back