Radio The SEN Thread 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyway, onto my new segment "Mark Allen Moron Watch"

As some of you may've heard, Mark has expressed he is fine with Adam Goodes, or anyone, sliding in knees first, as long as there's no malicious intent (Oh well, that's ok then). Clearly, this is the opinion of someone who has never played any contact sport.

Also, today, he said something along the lines of "When I watch A-league games, not involving Melbourne Victory. The games, up north, where there's no crowd, I just get get interested in the game. There has to be a crowd there."

Firstly, Mark Allen has never watched an A-League match.

Secondly, he has watched endless hours of golf, particularly Australian events, where there's a small crowd, and it has not bothered him.

Thirdly, there could be a big crowd at a sporting event he's not interested in, and he would either ignore it or stop paying attention after a short period of time.

Fourthly, Nascar races have big crowds, but when ONE showed that race live instead of, I think it was, the Golf World Championship, I bet he didn't give a s*** about the crowd.

That'll do for now.

Hungry for … Tanking?:confused:

Now I would hate to be the loser out of the Melbourne/Western Bulldogs game on Sunday. It will bring doom and gloom; both have been very disappointing, given their clubs’ predictions and aspirations. The Dogs after they said they were not just rebuilding but refreshing the playing group as well. And the Dees have been bullish that their time was near. It’s been an eternity since both clubs celebrated a premiership. Supporters live on hope, if not a premiership, at least some light at the end of the tunnel. For one club, come the weekend, the lights will go out.
I’m KB, that’s my Take

Leadership groups, machete integrity, and the Bullies are “refreshing” their playing group. I tell ya what was refreshing was the Fevalution 4.0 selling around eight thousand tickets at Yarrawonga a couple of weeks ago. Smorgan, Garlick, McLardy, and Schwab can bathe in their integrity all they like, but it ain’t winning games or balancing the books. Should be some bumper crowds late in the season, too, you know, especially with that new live-against-the-gate coverage everyone demanded.:rolleyes:

But never fear, journalistic integrity is here, in the hump day appearance of Jon LeBaron-Ralph. Just in time for the SEN master yakker to slap him around a little. JLR is quick into the BullDees discussion: “Clubs are in the business of selling premierships and they’re in the business of selling hope, and there’s not an enormous amount at either club at the moment.” … He loves the Bulldogs direction, new coach, and the young players coming through (nah, no-one else has got any of them:rolleyes:) but they’ll be stepping back before stepping forward, adds JLR who then names the not so young players: Morris, Lake, Cooney, Boyd, Cross, Murphy, Gilbee. ... He seems to love what they’re doing on one hand and not like what they’re doing on the other. “They’re as old as any side in the competition,” he concludes.

KB reminds JLR the Dogs do have some young players but they are down an estimated 8,000 down in membership. … With expansion taking the cream recently, Jonny hopes those integrity teams get some high draft picks. KB references an article by Mark Stevens about – oh no – tanking! That article unfortunately cannot be linked as most people disgusted by JLR’s hyped up digital pass as they search for a world where everything is, like, free. If the ladder stays the same, Stevens indicates a possible five picks (Mel-3, WB-2) in the first thirteen. Journo integrity and brilliance apparently has brought up tanking after round three, and this is after these sports business experts got what they wanted – a definitive move to a fair equal some draft devoid of priority picks.

On to talkback and the first Melbourne fan sees some hope. LeBaron-Ralph states injuries to their best players in Maloney, Jurrah, Green, Silvia, but KB wasn’t buying it.
JLR: Green’s out now for a month with a finger injury-
KB: He was dropped for poor form. Aaron Davey was dropped for poor form.

JLR: But Colin Silvia is probably their most exciting player and he’s been out with a neck injury.
KB: He’s always threatened to be a good player for Melbourne ever since he first arrived at the club. … But in that period of time, what has he actually delivered?

First Bulldogs caller blames Barry Hall’s recruitment which changed the game plan … Never have to wait long for a Mensa member and this bloke thinks North and the Bulldogs should seriously think about merging together and he states a couple retreaded arguments. The host and his sidekick dismiss this chestnut quickly. …

JRL’s theme of the day is “It’s time,” as in time for which players to be dropped and which players to be brought in? First cab of the rank from JLR is none other than the struggling Tyrone Vickery.
KB: Well he hasn’t fired a shot. I think last week he had about four possessions against Melbourne which you could argue is the worst team … I don’t know what’s happened to Tyrone Vickery. His performances in the first three games have been shocking.

KB then restates the son-in-law Punt Road end laser surgery story which he encourages LeBaron-Ralph to research for “The Buzz.”:p … If Vickery doesn’t play well this week it’s time for the “chop,” says KB who has eventually figured that the sword of Damocles is poised over the number 29. … Tom Couch into the Dees team suggests JLR. … Get Brock Mclean back to Melbourne is one suggestion by a caller as the studio seems to be echoing with the sounds of snickering. … No recycled players from Geelong and North Melbourne claims one caller. He’s almost right. … The sound of the blowfly indicates The Buzz summary: It’s time for Collinwood players to suck it up or something. A few other things in The Buzz make it sound like fairly must-miss reading. … More downer commentary for the Dees from callers as one predicts the inevitable loss of members.

No simplistic platitudes for Nathan Buckley as the duo celebrate his handling of all things crappy at the Asylum. … More dissection of Collingwood foibles follows in regards to what and when players said how, when and what about the Double M. … Another disgusted Dees semi-supporter laments his team’s dire situation. … Yet another Melbourne fan has his say about what could be described as the immutable law of unintended consequences that can apply to any club at any time. Maybe not any club but definitely Melbourne.

Chris from Wantirna: For this year was anybody to actually know that like No.1 Liam Jurrah was going to go up North and take a machete with him? Was anyone to know that Jason Mifsud was going to open his big mouth and start talking about stuff that he should have just been quiet about? Was anyone to know that Scully was just gonna pack up – ah well, everyone did know – Scully was going to pack up and leave for money. You know, Jimmy passing away. That’s a massive thing for the players. And of our former senior players in Green, Davey, Silvia, and Maloney, of the combined twelve games they could’ve played, they’ve played five.

And the news has cometh and cuts short the Chris rant ending the mostly hour-long calamity that is the Melbourne Football Club.

As the American sports adage goes: “Good teams are good because they’re smart and bad teams are bad because they’re dumb.”

The second hour covers the rise and rise of Eagles and Dockers with KB’s W.A. man Rob Wiley, and then it’s straight to my favourite segment with the fella from the leftist, lamest, near bankrupt state of California, the under appreciated Stevie Salisbury from Suckyou-mento with Taxes.

SS explains some US state pronunciation with aplomb … the all conquering NFL having a three-hour show on ESPN just to cover the release of the 2012 home and away schedule … Only nine sleeps to the draft too, which is held over three days … NBA teams playing better with some stars missing … Possibility of Dwayne Wade being traded next year, and explains why using two KB’s on the same team as an analogy:thumbsu:. … NBA teams with the most depth and the play-off teams' player rotations … Coaches and the media in the States, and Steve covers the dry Malthouse versus entertainment in the media scenario perfectly … how and why ageism is no barrier to coaching in America … Gives the financially ailing Maloof brothers a serve for their handling of the Kings situation in Sacramento (but says nothing about the corrupt political bureaucracy led by an ex-NBA star:mad:) … will the Zen Master, Phil Jackson return to coaching? … the Linsanity-less Knicks resurgence through defence (and Melo) … Paty Mills probable limited minutes in the play-offs … and the sinking odyssey of Lamar Odom.

Phew, more stuff from the good fella SS in twenty minutes on hump day than two hours a week from The Buzz boy at the Herald Sun.

As some of you may've heard, Mark has expressed he is fine with Adam Goodes, or anyone, sliding in knees first, as long as there's no malicious intent (Oh well, that's ok then). Clearly, this is the opinion of someone who has never played any contact sport.

Also, today, he said something along the lines of "When I watch A-league games, not involving Melbourne Victory. The games, up north, where there's no crowd, I just get get interested in the game. There has to be a crowd there."

Secondly, he has watched endless hours of golf, particularly Australian events, where there's a small crowd, and it has not bothered him.

Thirdly, there could be a big crowd at a sporting event he's not interested in, and he would either ignore it or stop paying attention after a short period of time.

Fourthly, Nascar races have big crowds, but when ONE showed that race live instead of, I think it was, the Golf World Championship, I bet he didn't give a s*** about the crowd.

That'll do for now.
No problems with his thoughts on Goodes or the A-league

peternorth is a mod now? Bloody hell! A big avatar as well! I'm jelly of the big avatar.

bow to my my underling

That'll do for now.

marko, just like everyone else, will be biased towards a particular sport. he can use crowds as an excuse for not watching or taking interest in a sport (ie a league) but ignore bigger all people watching a golf tournament here. im cool with that.

nascar vs golf - golf for me as a golfer, and have no interest in car racing.

ill address sliding in with knees in response to bedfords post

No problems with his thoughts on Goodes or the A-league

sliding in with knees is dangerous, but im sure much worse or even the same act was done in the 60s-80s. as a soccer player i do it all the time, probably to my own detriment (not the best tackling technique) - and yes there is intent to take the ball and bring the player down simultaneously.

question about malice. now, one can always argue there's no intent to harm with goodes action. how does an umpire judge this on the spot? you cant.

tbh im surprised at the finding and penalty @ goodes. he's the afl lovechild!

Well, well, well, well, now the Blues are talking themselves down. They talked themselves up all summer. Had the loudest voice, spruiking top four and premiership hot shots. Carlton fly out of the blocks and win their first three games, but wait, there’s more, the streak knives. Look, who can’t get a game: Warnock, Russell, Thornton, Ellard, McLean, and Walker is yet to be unleashed. All of a sudden Carlton, for some reason, put the brakes on. For the Essendon clash the Blues are deflating their own tyres and pumping fresh air into the Dons’. Crameri, Jetta, Fletcher, Ryder, and a host of Champion Data stats tell them Hirdy’s men are formidable and dangerous. Maybe the Blues have realised they’ve gotten ahead of themselves.
I’m KB, that’s my Take

There shouldn’t be a reminder required but that KB never, ever quits. This is almost enough of a reason for all non-partisans to barrack for Carlton this year. And the Blues might have to go undefeated just to shut him up.:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tim rogers on sen now. legend. shame he's only on for a few mins. WHY!?!??!

love his opening monologue.

TR: "blah blah blah....anyway that's enough about me, let's talk about you"
Dermie: "gday tim, dermie here...."

does anyone get the impression the blokes (andy, dermie and tim) all try to make themselves look/sound good when donna aston's in the studio?

tim rogers on sen now. legend. shame he's only on for a few mins. WHY!?!??!
HA. Is it just me, or does The Morning Glory have a bad habit of getting their best guests on just a few minutes before the news? I can think of several times when Radar has said: "I'm sorry, but we're gunna haffta leave it there, coz we're coming up to the news."

I haven't heard Dermy and Aston together for a while, but didn't he used to butt heads with her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back