Radio The SEN Thread 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering is there anyway I can listen to SEN during the games on my iPhone?

I tried to listen the other day via the TuneIn app and then via the SEN App and neither worked. Instead I got a voice message saying SEN will continue it's Online coverage after the match.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hungry for Interchange Solutions … and Insanity!

Pro wrestler, Chris Jericho said in an interview last week that the best hard drink to have that won’t result in a massive hangover is Grey Goose Vodka with water. So with the Dees facing relevance oblivion and the Blues heading to the big blue yonder, a pitcher of chilled water and a fifty buck bottle of one of the creamiest vodkas on market was clearly in order for a Blues bashing and a Bartlett bloviating tag team shot of Thursday/Friday “Venom” Denham.

Denham is having nothing to with KB’s never ending doubts on the Blues and quickly states some Carlton facts that deserve flag favouritism and even cedes this weekend’s Dons game to the Blues. … KB gets straight under Grunk’s skin over Carlton. … Geelong and their stadium cop a lashing from KB. … Now to talkback and the topic, of course, is Carlton. KB mocks the Carlton fans that once wanted the head of coach, Brett Ratten.

KB’s narrative today is more a psychodrama of the Carlton year ahead that so far he has got drastically wrong. His first barrage of Blues questions results in Grunk asking him to stop asking questions and then answering them. KB then turns his attention to the “pack of Indian givers” down at Geelong for knocking down a grandstand named after Doug Wade. ... KB continues to facetiously bait Blues fans by questioning whether their team can go undefeated. … He then asks whether they’ve factored in the quality of the Blues first three opponents: Richmond, Brisbane, and Collingwood. … KB’s best selection advice is for Richmond to get Tyrone Vickery some glasses as he continues to search for excuses for the other No. 29. … And with that, the two day talkback madness moves into overdrive.

Thursday KB on Hayden Ballantyne:
He’s a good little player though … Ross [Lyon] loves the way he plays … he’s a cheeky little player and he’s a goal kicker and he’s very important in their structure.

Now Take This – Hayden Ballantyne:
Now sometimes you can’t take coaches seriously. Their minds are always dancing in different directions, deflecting attention from their own team onto the opposition. Complementing others and digging into the ribs of one of their own is a firing-up tactic that works in the minds of some. So no-one should take Saints coach seriously with his declaration that Freo’s Hyden Ballantyne is the best small man in the competition. He would struggle to get into the top half dozen. So far this year, it pains me to say, Eddie Betts is clearly the most dangerous, and best small forward, in the game.
I’m KB, that’s my Take

KB now dumps on the cheeky best defensive small forward with little to no acquiescence from the often reluctant Grunkster. … KB references Jake King kicking 25 goals to Ballantyne’s 23 last year but Grunk is quick to point out the King is no Ballantyne: “I just told you he missed five games with a hamstring injury last year; would have kicked a lot more than twenty-three … I mean there’s no comparison …”

Here is heavily accented Steve from Oak Park: I think Brett Ratten this week should rest Judd, Murphy, Gibbs, Kreuzer, Waite, and Jamison because they are just playing the netballers from Windy Hill. Give them the rest because we win even with our reserves and keep them fresh for the rest of the year.

SMS: We’ll beat Carlton by a point.
SMS: Just keep up that rain and the Bombers will cause the upset of the round.

Typical Fan Lacking Pro Sports Maturity:
I can’t believe that you guys are going for Fremantle with St. Kilda’s record won [sic] at Etihad, and 2) St. Kilda supporters – do you remember back in the old days of the animal enclosure and that – St. Kilda supporters at Etihad will go ballistic tonight at that man [Ross Lyon] that went for the money and deserted his club, then, on top of it, he never gave Stanley, Stevens, a chance when he was at the club. And our young man, Scotty Watters is actually defying to play the youth. And these guys that weren’t given the opportunity to excel will show Ross they can play football.

Will KB Change His Final 8 Prediction?
Caller Adam: You said you’ve got Sydney and North Melbourne and Fremantle and St. Kilda making the eight.
KB: Yes I have.

Caller Adam: Which two sides out of Collingwood, West Coast, Carlton, Hawthorn, Geelong, and Essendon don’t make it?
KB: I didn’t have Carlton, and I didn’t have the Bombers. I had Carlton finishing ninth.

Caller Adam: So what have you changed?
KB: No, I’m not changing anything! [silent pause] You can’t change once you’ve set it in stone.

Caller Adam: Your opinion can change.
KB: [Indignant/belligerent/incorrigible] Well, it’s got to be massaged to be changed. I haven’t seen enough yet to change it. [Grunk sighs and chuckles]

Caller Adam: Ya haven’t seen enough of Carlton?
KB: No, not yet.
Grunk: Ohhhh, you idiot!

KB: Ohh?
Grunk: Do you think Carlton-? You shouldn’t go on. Don’t embarrass yourself anymore.
KB: We’ll take a break.

Topic: Is the Rules Committee looking at players coming off the bench and cleaning up unsuspecting players?
KB would like to see something done about it but doesn’t know how the problem can be overcome. It’s a worry says KB who want’s some advice. Unbeknownst to the host the Mensa Talkback Society is never short of the most brilliant solutions for whatever ails the AFL. Look out liver here comes another Grey Goose, and the unpalatable MTS.

Timmy from Craigieburn: If the ball is in play, the interchange player must run to the centre circle and then to his position from there.

Mitch from Wheelers Hill: The interchange steward employed by the AFL have some sort of different sounding whistle that if there is a feeling there could possibly be a collision or there’s open space or they’re coming in, where the steward blows his whistle twice in succession or something like that.
200mm_LED_Traffic_Light_Core.summ.jpg

Stewie from Mooroolbark: Maybe they could traffic lights on the interchange bench?

Luke in Northcote via SMS likes, yes, the traffic lights idea, and darn it, I’ve just ran out of Double G vodka.:(

Daniel from Nunawading: It doesn’t need to be regulated. Just like the laws on the road; you enforce all these rules but at the end of the day it’s up to the individual. Turning players into robots. Let the players play under the current rules instead of bringing in all these rules and slowing the game down. Doesn’t understand it.

Dual_Photocell_Laser_Beam_Security_Alarm_System.summ.jpg

Here is Adam from Western Australia: Moto GP has a system where when a bike comes into pit lane an alarm goes off giving everyone a heads-up. Tweak that for the interchange in footy. (Let’s quote him) “There’s only a certain area where players can come in so there good be like a beam or something where people trip it and an alarm goes off – but you can’t have going off for a hundred and thirty bloody times a match – there would have to be an area somewhere around it, let’s say within a fifty metre vicinity, there’s players in there, it can sense it, the alarm can go off.”

Greg from Mt Waverley: Pretty simple to fix says Greg who’s been involved with junior soccer (OH DEAR!) In soccer players are only allowed to come on to the field during stoppages. “In AFL, the ball goes out of bounds or there’s a goal or there’s a stoppage, the umpire – you’ve got three umpires on the field obviously – the two other umpires that aren’t in the middle of the area [um, er, ah, you know] watching the play, they can turn to the interchange stewards and signal, basically, to run on or to run off. And change then. I can’t see the problem with that.”

Just Musing:
KB: A lot of people forget, [Grunk], the Bombers are undefeated also.
Grunk: Yes, they are. But they won’t be after tomorrow at the MCG.

KB: Hooker’s back in, Lonergan’s in, and Dell’Olio who we saw during the NAB Cup, kicked a couple of goals; he looked a handy player…
Grunk: [Carlton] will be too good. I would’ve thought an eight goal margin would be fair, to the Blues.

KB: O.K. I’m tipping the Bombers. I think the Bombers can cause an upset as well. They’ve lost no games this year. Ahhh, what are you looking at, [Grunk]?
Grunk: I’m staggered. I’m looking at a very depleted Bombers lineup and you’re anti-Carlton…

KB: Where are they depleted? They’ve got only Hill out of their side, who’s probably a walk-up start. So where are they depleted?
Grunk: I just think they’ve really got a few more players than that that are not playing.

KB: See, you can’t back up that silly comment that you made. ... They’re not depleted at all. They’ve lost Hill! I tell ya, not much between these two sides. Both undefeated, [Grunk].

Go Tigers!
KB: I know, [Grunk], you may laugh at me but I do think Geelong are a bit vulnerable at the moment. They’ve got some problems, they’ve got some injuries, and I think Richmond have got a really good opportunity of knocking ‘em off. The same as North Melbourne had a chance of knocking them off last week, [Grunk].
Grunk: Honestly if you’re listening, all I can say KB, you’re miles off the pace, you’re 18 this year. Jonny [LeBaron-Ralph] is leading with 23. I’ve tipped 21-

KB: I’m ready to pounce.
Grunk: Ready to pounce? You’re not going to pounce very far if you keep tipping the Tigers. Down at Geelong; that’s unbelievable; worst tip you’ve ever done in your life.
[…]
KB: Nah, I think the Tigers are definitely a chance. I think they’re the value bet of the round.

KB Reins in the Hyperbole:
Look, I’ve probably been over the top a little bit talking about Richmond beating Geelong down at Simmonds Stadium by, I even said 42 points, and I’ve probably got to rein that in a little bit so – it’s Tigers by 41.

KB in the Quiet Room?
Bob from Bendigo: Mate, your comments about Carlton not making the eight makes an imbecile of a rocket scientist. I’ve just sent a couple of e-mails to Andrew Demetriou telling him to forget about the bloody prayer rooms; invest all his bloody money in a padded room down at Richmond for you.
KB: Nah, look, they’ve started well. If the Bombers beat Carlton, that’s three and one.

KB Tips: North Melbourne, Fremantle, Port Adelaide, Essendon, West Coast, Brisbane, Adelaide, Richmond, Western Bulldogs.

Surveying The Weekly Denhamography
a) They’ve [Carlton] basically got a bye this week against Essendon.:eek:
b) West Coast’s x-factor could be Brad Dick.:confused:
c) Two biggest underachievers in last fifteen years: West Coast and Essendon.
d) Can Mark Neeld stop telling us how well Melbourne has been training?
e) Richmond won’t get within six goals of Geelong.
d) Ballantyne is a three times better player than Jake King will ever be.
e) This is the strongest [Fremantle] team I’ve seen them field for living memory.
f) The best big man in the game is Aaron Sandilands by a mile. Most influential player in the AFL.
g) Unable to verify the KB alleged laser vision surgery to Tyrone Vickery’s eyes.

einstein1-100x100.jpg

The Draw Solved Yet Again – by Billy from Aspendale:
Divide ladder into three groups, 1-6, 7-12, 13-18; each group plays each other twice, each team in one group plays each other twice, and plays the teams in the other groups once. That means twenty-two games; can still have your marque games, and your home ground advantage, if you play a team at home, the next time you play them away.

There you go, that sounds fair. Who knew Einstein was still alive in Apsendale?

Only five more sleeps until the NFL draft where the New England Patriots who’ve played in five of the last eleven Super Bowls have four picks in the first two rounds to add to their team from last year that had eleven undrafted free agents from the world’s deepest draft system. Should be a nice start to a season for a perineal champion team that has the 32nd hardest draw out of 32 teams in 2012. Nothing fair about pro sports which are businesses where good teams are good because they’re smart, and bad teams are bad because they’re dumb.
I’m not KB but that’s my take anyway.

Im loving listening to the "experts" on overnights right now. Apparently shane vallenti is crap. I guess thats why hes won listons in the 2nd best comp in the world!

The burning question is. Who is better dp or tp? Seems they like evaluating everyone else in the world.

Is it free?
The AFL app is free where you can listen to games on it. It's not live though, there's about a 7 second delay. Tried listening to the radio on it while at Hawthorn vs Adelaide the other week and couldn't take the delay after 15 seconds of listening.

Im loving listening to the "experts" on overnights right now. Apparently shane vallenti is crap. I guess thats why hes won listons in the 2nd best comp in the world!

The burning question is. Who is better dp or tp? Seems they like evaluating everyone else in the world.

DP, but Teo is pretty entertaining too.

Definitely one of the best combo's when on together.

Why the f'ark do they wheel in Huddo as some sort of footy expert?!!??! AARGH!
He's just a caller. Callers are mules; they should do their job, then shut up :p
You're complaining about Huddo talking footy? Geez, no one in this thread can ever be satisfied.

I've probably mentioned it before, but I'd love to hear Mark Franklin on overnights again, really did love his work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:eek:...I think he's the best of the lot of them!..one of the most unbiased commentators around...no-one could pick up that he is a mad Cat, if they weren't told..

I've probably mentioned it before, but I'd love to hear Mark Franklin on overnights again, really did love his work.

i 100% agree i loved the way he went about things.

He was always so laidback & happy. Not like these days where you say 1 word snd there on the back foot better than jason gilespe.

I was in Sydney over friday and saturday. First time I'd left Victoria in yonks. Man, for all the s*** I can hang on SEN, I'd much rather have it than not.

Why the f'ark do they wheel in Huddo as some sort of footy expert?!!??! AARGH!
He's just a caller. Callers are mules; they should do their job, then shut up :p
Not only that, but David asks him questions as well! David is the former professional footballer, Anthony should be asking him the questions. Thinking about it more, I also think it's a weakness of Harf and Thommo, that the way they express themselves, you wouldn't think they were former players. Unless that's just me?

And Hungry for No Blues on Manic Monday

:DNow a lot of Carlton fans would think I would come on this morning and bag the Blues. They would think I would say Carlton are overrated, always getting ahead of themselves and have big heads. And that the Blues rate themselves so highly that top four is a given and the flag is their right. And, the midfield is not what it’s cracked up to be. And, the defence is Carlton’s achilles heel. And, the Blues forward line goes missing when it counts most. But I would never say that.:D
I’m KB, that’s my Take

Putz facetiously congratulates KB on the gesture of not pointing out Carlton weaknesses in his Take … A little mocking banter about Carlton’s struggle on the weekend gives way to whether Brent Stanton is now allowed to wear the number five guernsey. Since Putz famously traded his support for the red sash for a yellow one (over typically lefty morality issues), his opinion on all things Bombers counts for jack.

But the politically correct and integrity-laced Melbourne is fair game for dissection by the sometimes boorish big oaf. He asks KB to explain how Melbourne has starting rebuilding after rebuilding for four years? “Who’s going to take responsibility for it because it is a wasted four years?” … The whinging from coaches about incidents on the weekend is mocked by both KB, and Putz who also sees Hawthorn’s griping as a parody. KB wonders if Hawthorn mentioned last year’s preliminary final loss after losing to the Eagles. … Is Geelong on decline? is another topic from KB. …

On to talkback and the “my thingy is bigger than your thingy” mentality of footy supporters abounds … Pies fan points out the ha-ha of the Blues suffering early injuries like the Pies did last week. Actually, he’s not far off the mark there. Second call results in the anticipated arrival of the manic Monday melodrama via the Mensa Talkback Society:

Johnny from Berwick: I made a call last week and a comment regarding whether the Bombers get over the Blues and KB’s comment was “no way, they won’t beat ‘em.” I’m just wondering whether that humble pie I sent you tasted good or not K?
Putz: Who did you tip, Kevin?
KB: I tipped the Bombers. … (And thus, the first Houdini of the day is delivered to the hearing-impaired Johnny from Berwick)

The real pro sports reason the Saints and Cats are facing - if not now definitively heading into - decline as elite teams won’t be dissected here as the next caller boasts three Cats’ flags in five years and “it’s much better barracking for Geelong than Richmond, Melbourne or the Bulldogs.”… Putz attempts an explanation of sorts but it’s the usual words such as “regrouping, moulding,” and phrases such as “mix of old new and old.” … KB gets accolades for tipping the Bombers which leads him to rubbing salt into Blues’ wounds by talking up the Dons destruction of Carlton’s midfield. The jocularity at Carlton’s expense continues. Strangely though, KB never mentions the absolute beatdown handed out to Kreuzer by the taller Tom Bellchambers.:confused:

Mario from Brunswick: With these Carlton supporters, two years ago we were hearing that “what’s brewing,” last year we heard that “they’re coming,” from last week we heard that “they’re here,” I just want to know now if “they’re leaving?”
KB: Hmmm, and we can smell what they’re cooking, too. I think that was there somewhere.

KB is not enamoured with the Pies win over Port, and he thinks the Tigers were good enough to beat Geelong but he gives them a cross for too many mistakes. Putz rightfully corrects KB’s blinkered Richmond observation with “if you say there’s a litany of mistakes that Richmond made, you then can’t say they were good enough to win because if they were good enough to win they wouldn’t made the litany of mistakes!” KB Freddie Swiftly moves to the next caller who complains about the Etihad roof being closed, open, closed, closed, glaring sun, open, open… Putz alleges KB is on the Etihad Stadium Laws of the Roof Committee and it’s about time he did something about it.:D … Nobody here it seems likes the roof open.

A Richmond fan attempts, and succeeds without interruption from KB, in a monologue regarding his positive outlook for the Tigers but SEN’s polymath Putz typically tips cold water on his theory pointing out the lack of skill and poise in the side due to the current players. … The once heralded Dean Bailey cops plenty from a listener as any legacy he might have had – other than admitting to tanking - is trashed. Putz blames the administration for the wasted years.

Putz sees the Hawks as a morose lot of people who feel sorry for themselves. … KB’s most regular caller, European Carp from Woodend gripes about his day at Simmonds Stadium stating the Tigers won’t play for premiership points again down at the Cattery: “no power to get in” (an unfortunate one-off), exits too small (nitpicking or what), and “bins in walkways” (where ya want ‘em?). The AFL, Flathead suggests must “help Geelong pull down all the old stands and make it a fifty thousand-plus crowd otherwise it’s just backwards.” This Carp character should feel free to send his cheque to pay for this to the AFL or directly to Balmey. KB repeats his silly repertoire of Simmonds Stadium complaints and Putz counters his rant with more salient to-the-point facts about home field/team advantage.

KB finishes off by adding to a Putz rant on the St. Kilda idiots abusing Ross Lyon with the news that the mature ninety-year-old, Ivy Moyle was boastfully going to give Lyon an earful. Her 180° turn, and subsequent throwing of Tony Lockett under the bus after 1994 was far worse. What have you done for me lately? You owe me. Human nature 101!

Quotes of the Day:
It’s a four-year void, just a blank, in Melbourne’s history where nothing happened and people should be made accountable for that. And that’s the people who run the club.
-Putz Smith

If they woke up in the morning and saw pictures of themselves snarling and shouting, dribbling hate, they ought to be absolutely ashamed of themselves. You go to football to watch a game of footy, you don’t go there as madmen/madwomen to berate people - who took an opportunity that was offered to him and he took it. He didn’t do anything unlawful or unfair. That was appalling behaviour. :thumbsu:
-Putz Smith, on St. Kilda supporters’ behaviour towards Ross Lyon

Guus of the Week: Brent Stanton
Goose of the Week: Jeff Kennett

I was in Sydney over friday and saturday. First time I'd left Victoria in yonks. Man, for all the s*** I can hang on SEN, I'd much rather have it than not.

Not only that, but David asks him questions as well! David is the former professional footballer, Anthony should be asking him the questions. Thinking about it more, I also think it's a weakness of Harf and Thommo, that the way they express themselves, you wouldn't think they were former players. Unless that's just me?
Well why do they ask Jon Ralph questions, he knows nothing and i hope he gets pinched by 3AW.

i 100% agree i loved the way he went about things.

He was always so laidback & happy. Not like these days where you say 1 word snd there on the back foot better than jason gilespe.

:D

Teo played the Gilespe ball to Dash and he nearly went the wack , but alas went with the "No comment" instead.

Hi Teo and Dash , good to see you keeping an eye on BF :thumbsu:

There's to much wind blown up backsides with those two.
Teo, gives his "fans who'd be disappointed with the weekend results".
Would have thought the Saints would've been there, but alas no!
Come on Teo

Yeah, I obviously agree. Huddo's a decent caller (not my favourite), but I don't want him doing post-game, pseudo special comments. As you suggest, I reckon most of us would wanna hear more about on-field stuff from Ox, Kingy, Lucas, Harf, Thommo, Wallsy...who else? :D
I reckon a lot of retired players take the "whatever you do, try to never talk about yourself" thing too far. Sure, we hear bits and pieces, but not enough. I'd prefer more retired players to be more like Dermy, coz at least we hear all the good stories, :p

I reckon a lot of retired players take the "whatever you do, try to never talk about yourself" thing too far. Sure, we hear bits and pieces, but not enough. I'd prefer more retired players to be more like Dermy, coz at least we hear all the good stories, :p

i prefer retired players not to talk about themselves too much, but do give us some stories when appropriate.

dermie talks about himself too much

:D

Teo played the Gilespe ball to Dash and he nearly went the wack , but alas went with the "No comment" instead.

Hi Teo and Dash , good to see you keeping an eye on BF :thumbsu:

I had a little chuckle to myself in bed when I heard that. Dash did seem to be on his rags a bit last night, maybe all the nuff nuffs that call in have finally gotten to him?

I really want Man City to win the title now (very unlikely I know) just so Teo can shoot down Mark from Bacchus Marsh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back