The SEN Thread 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without him MG would die in the morning (especially during summer) as Billys knowledge of sport is non-existent outside of football whilst for some reason Watson doesn't get an opportunity to display what he knows.

i reckon watson is the one who doesnt know much else other than afl. maybe its just me but he seems to bring everything back to afl. billy at least is enthusiastic about other sports like soccer and nrl, especially the vic teams!

I didn't call him a nerd because of his looks.

He's a nerd because he tries to bat out of his weight division when joking around with Billy and Tim, the way he over-praises anyone he is interviewing, the way he uses certain words and phrases all the time like "the best in the caper" and the bunch of journo slang words he drops all the time.

All the channel 9 boys use that kind of line. "The best in the business".

That's a KB favorite line too.

SEN is full of cliches. another one is "one of the best" from the ox.

The was complete and utter rubbish, Ben. That debate was a complete waste of time. I can't stand it when debates aren't researched. It just came across as blabber.

What's with Billy always calling Franka sweetheart, anyway? Billy is a complete dud.

Kudos to the lead-up to the debate. At least that was worth while.

I didn't call him a nerd because of his looks.

He's a nerd because he tries to bat out of his weight division when joking around with Billy and Tim, the way he over-praises anyone he is interviewing, the way he uses certain words and phrases all the time like "the best in the caper" and the bunch of journo slang words he drops all the time.

Why is he batting out of his weight division when joking with Billy and Tim ?

ARe you implying that he shouldn't because he hasn't played AFL at the highest level ?

Everyone has favourite phrases or words. You wouldn't be human if you didn't.

Why is he batting out of his weight division when joking with Billy and Tim ?

ARe you implying that he shouldn't because he hasn't played AFL at the highest level ?

Like I mentioned before, because he sounds like a puppy dog yapping at their heels sometimes. Keep in mind that this topic arose when discussing Garry Lyon and Garry, Tim and Bill are on a very similar wavelength and social standing and I enjoy their bantering more than the Andy, Tim and Bill combination.

Its not a matter of whether he should or shouldn't, just what I like to hear more. People don't have to agree with me.

Bantering was good between the 3, but they always talked over the top of each other. I could barely hear what was being said as they don't seem to wait til one person is done before opening their mouth.

I reckon in that first year Billy used to maybe be a bit shy to say a lot of things out too loud, cause he used to quip a lot in the background.

He certainly came out of his shell after Garry left.

That's a KB favorite line too.

KB has got a lot of old sangings like that which would annoy me coming from anyone else, but as he's an older chap who's been doing radio forever, its got some charm.

My fav from KB is "call that famous talk back number 9429 11 16"

-Ben

I heard off someone that works at SEN that Doran is going to get the flick and be replaced with Harford. Apparantly everyone involved at SEN is sick to death of Doran's attitude.

I heard off someone that works at SEN that Doran is going to get the flick and be replaced with Harford. Apparantly everyone involved at SEN is sick to death of Doran's attitude.

Interesting. There's been hints of that on here for some time.

I heard years ago from someone who spent some time in there that he doesn't treat his producers very well... maybe they aren't intrepid enough...

In all seriousness, I really think they need to be careful about scheduling shifts with only one host. If Harf was to come on board full time, I reckon he needs a co-host. KB does it well, and Francis did it well, but Doran struggles on his own at times. Most evident when Harf and Rita come in on a Friday and he transforms into a totally different guy. Much more buoyant and amusing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting. There's been hints of that on here for some time.

I heard years ago from someone who spent some time in there that he doesn't treat his producers very well... maybe they aren't intrepid enough...

In all seriousness, I really think they need to be careful about scheduling shifts with only one host. If Harf was to come on board full time, I reckon he needs a co-host. KB does it well, and Francis did it well, but Doran struggles on his own at times. Most evident when Harf and Rita come in on a Friday and he transforms into a totally different guy. Much more buoyant and amusing.

Agree with you there, Doran gets on my nerves a bit but on fridays he seems to relax and have a personality. Should be like that all week. IF he's in danger of getting the sack then he is not helpin himself by not being there Tuesday or today after having weeks off.

Harf also works better with someone there whether its casual fridays or on the rise. They need to spend the money and have two people on during the day. I remember turning off KB whenever he'd go on about the push in the back, if he had someone in there then they would say somthing against him and provide a little balance. All my fav shows are with 2 or more presenters, casual fridays, on the rise, saturday spotlight, gladiators, run home. :thumbsu:

Agree with you there, Doran gets on my nerves a bit but on fridays he seems to relax and have a personality. Should be like that all week. IF he's in danger of getting the sack then he is not helpin himself by not being there Tuesday or today after having weeks off.

Pretty sure he is at Ox's wedding today.

I've changed my mind that was pretty good!

Good on you mate:thumbsu:. Did you hear the end of the show when they were giving it to the knob from narre warren?

Management would be more impressed with the loyalty he is showing to his mate and colleague by attending.

Wouldn't management want him be to loyal to the job then going to piss up with ox.

Good on you mate:thumbsu:. Did you hear the end of the show when they were giving it to the knob from narre warren?
Damn, I missed that. Would've been great to hear people talking sense about him rather than throw job offers and money at him like the stupid FM stations are doing. Disgraceful. Only encouraging more teens to create havoc and become copycats.

The was complete and utter rubbish, Ben. That debate was a complete waste of time. I can't stand it when debates aren't researched. It just came across as blabber.

What's with Billy always calling Franka sweetheart, anyway? Billy is a complete dud.

Kudos to the lead-up to the debate. At least that was worth while.

Billy is joking around with Franka, I don't think he would take that sort of thing too seriously mate.

Surely you think it was a bit of fun though?

With regards to research, what would have you like to have seen/heard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back