Radio The SEN Thread 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont 3aw have all the night matches? Its hardly just sat/sun afternoons.:eek:

Have you ever been to a TAB Daytripper? I doubt most of the types punting even know what digital radio is.

It would be good if SEN did get some big races but it will be like the Channel 7 coverage on the radio. The hardcores will stick to 927.

I've got no idea. In any case, weeknight evenings during summer non ratings period whens its on television as well is hardly going to shatter any llistener records, is it ?
Have you ever been to a TAB Daytripper? I doubt most of the types punting even know what digital radio is.
Far too many to remember. :eek:
I agree with what you say however that doesn't mean that the way races are currently being broadcast is going to remain the same in ten years time. Highly unlikely in fact.

There may not even be TAB agencies in five years time - let alone ten years time.
It would be good if SEN did get some big races but it will be like the Channel 7 coverage on the radio. The hardcores will stick to 927.
Hopefully it will concentrate a bit more on the racing side. Again, as I've said before if Tabcoorp lose the licence or have it reduced then there is no incentive for them to keep subsidising 927. It will be gone.

Have you ever listened to tennis on the radio ?
Its shocking to listen to. Besides which you have no idea what the broadcasting rights are like. Its traditionally been on the ABC IIRC.

As for the races, with the wagering rights bring decided this year, the whole broadcast landscape is going to change as well. SEN are trying to position themselves to get the Spring and Autumn carnivals which would be a massive get, filling the gaping hole during the AFL off season.

By broadcasting the MV night races (and some Saturdays too I believe) they are trying to demonstrate to Racing Victoria that they are capable of doing a good job of showcasing their product.

Can you please get a clue about whats going on before just popping off with this incessant, nonsensical whingeing. Its not hard to read up on, you know.

But you INCESSANTLY REMIND US MERE MORTALS that the station has no money!! So how in blazes are they going to make a bid for radio rights:rolleyes:

FFS, AW and 774 play tennis on an hoc basis during the non ratings summer period. Its harldy comprehensive. It's just filler for them until the ratings period starts again.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that if AW are broadcasting then there must be rights involved.

Who knows if they did or have ?
I was just speculating.

Never heard that interview but then again I only listen during the day (when mostly everybody else listens as well). Nobody, in terms of numbers listens to SEN at night (or any radio station for that matter). I'm sure if you gave most licencees the option they would prefer to broadcast static from 11pm to 5am.

I don't know. The point is the whole telecommunication and wagering landscape is most probably going to be vastly different in ten years time.

SEN are gunning for the Spring and Autumn carnivals in the short term which would be terrific for them. However to do so they must show Racing Victoria that they are capable hence they are dipping their toes into the water with the MV Friday night racing.

The ABC does the spring carnival you reall just sound like an SENapologist!

774 do the night tennis in ratings period,I would presume. SEN will never get the racing,I'm just envisaging them picking up the Channel 7 feed:eek:

I've got no idea. In any case, weeknight evenings during summer non ratings period whens its on television as well is hardly going to shatter any llistener records, is it ?

quote]

If SEN is serious about being a truly sporting station they need to do everything to try and get these big events which will increase profile etc and help in future ratings periods.

The tennis is a big success on 7 not because its a ratings period but because they promote all their crap shows so people know when to tune in etc.

Far too many to remember. :eek:
I agree with what you say however that doesn't mean that the way races are currently being broadcast is going to remain the same in ten years time. Highly unlikely in fact.

There may not even be TAB agencies in five years time - let alone ten years time.

Hopefully it will concentrate a bit more on the racing side. Again, as I've said before if Tabcoorp lose the licence or have it reduced then there is no incentive for them to keep subsidising 927. It will be gone.

Daytripper

You are banging your head against a brick wall.:eek:

All SEN has to do is the following

- Have bucketloads of money to purchase every live sporting event from around the world
- Failing that barge into live sporting venues and start broadcasting
- Kindly ask AW and LO to step away so everything can be broadcast on SEN

I think some of the posters are living in 'cloud cuckoo land'.

If SEN is serious about being a truly sporting station they need to do everything to try and get these big events which will increase profile etc and help in future ratings periods.

The tennis is a big success on 7 not because its a ratings period but because they promote all their crap shows so people know when to tune in etc.

Thats true but I'm not entirely convinced that tennis is suited to radio. For me personally, its painful to listen to.

And why would people listen if they can watch it on FTA anyway ?

Daytripper

You are banging your head against a brick wall.:eek:

All SEN has to do is the following

- Have bucketloads of money to purchase every live sporting event from around the world
- Failing that barge into live sporting venues and start broadcasting
- Kindly ask AW and LO to step away so everything can be broadcast on SEN

I think some of the posters are living in 'cloud cuckoo land'.

Can we make some points clear that nobody expects SEN to broadcast EVERY SPORT! What irks 99% of us is that they do not BROADCAST ANYTHING besides AFL and still run with the Misnoma that they are Melbournes home of sport. Unfortunately a potentialy promising foray has descended into a complete farce.I just ask why they wouldn't broadcast the increasingly popular "Big Bash''[record crowds and immense interest]Surely to christ asponsor or two extra could be gained from this

Thats true but I'm not entirely convinced that tennis is suited to radio. For me personally, its painful to listen to.

And why would people listen if they can watch it on FTA anyway ?

Yes,and you could mount the same arguement for Horse Racing. [Spring Carnival]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder next time he's on, Stephen J Freak will make an editorial comment about Andrew Lovett, considering that he has roasted Brett Renouf, the Carlton footy club, and several other players guilty of off-field sheninigans in recent weeks.

But he won't because he's going to fall back on the excuse of being an 'legal matter' he cannot 'discuss it' in depth, and interestingly enough, a couple of weeks ago, when he was slagging off Carlton and Chris Judd should be sacked as captain, howard asked what about Milne and Montagna a few years ago at St.Kilda, and Freak deflected it, saying it all happened in the past ..

He is the master of bullshit and spin ... SJP would have more respect if he had the guts to be as critical and judgemental on St.Kilda and the crap their players get up to, like he does with every other club.

I switched on SEN for a little while after I got back from work the other night and they were running an official ad for Peak's legal services during the gladiators. The ad gave out a mobile number which I thought was pretty game with the number of people he must piss off, I hope he has two phones :eek:

Can we make some points clear that nobody expects SEN to broadcast EVERY SPORT! What irks 99% of us is that they do not BROADCAST ANYTHING besides AFL and still run with the Misnoma that they are Melbournes home of sport.

Did you enjoy the Vic Open golf yesterday ?

...and I was so excited listening to the Womens tennis final in Brisbane.....was on delay on the t.v....so was great to listen to BP build up the game, and what a game it turned out to be!!

Well done SEN:thumbsu:

...and I was so excited listening to the Womens tennis final in Brisbane.....was on delay on the t.v....so was great to listen to BP build up the game, and what a game it turned out to be!!

Well done SEN:thumbsu:

That’s one reason SEN has turned to shit.

We have to put up with a second rate womens tennis match. Wouldn’t worry me if (as rumours have it) SEN disappear for mainstream talkback. What was a great idea to satisfy the majority with a footy based station has turned into a hotch potch of sporting crap.

I wonder next time he's on, Stephen J Freak will make an editorial comment about Andrew Lovett, considering that he has roasted Brett Renouf, the Carlton footy club, and several other players guilty of off-field sheninigans in recent weeks.

But he won't because he's going to fall back on the excuse of being an 'legal matter' he cannot 'discuss it' in depth, and interestingly enough, a couple of weeks ago, when he was slagging off Carlton and Chris Judd should be sacked as captain, howard asked what about Milne and Montagna a few years ago at St.Kilda, and Freak deflected it, saying it all happened in the past ..

He is the master of bullshit and spin ... SJP would have more respect if he had the guts to be as critical and judgemental on St.Kilda and the crap their players get up to, like he does with every other club.

Hey Celtic you should have called in a given him the full rounds of the kitchen! Seriously he is the biggest hypocrite,not a murmur about Lovett and yet lays the boots in to every other Football side. What about his idiotic comment on Aaron Hamill being a ''champion'! Almost as bad as his backing of Stkilda getting the services of Nathan Carroll a few years back. The other overnight guy just relates every Football story to somehow include Stkilda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back