The Summer transfer rumor thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who cares who was the better team which season, you said Milan's squad had gone downhill since Istanbul. Clearly you were wrong and/or have no idea what your on about.

There is money to spend now. Berlusconi won't spend it. One word - tightarse.

As for Italian teams being useless, I expect Juventus to be a dark horse for the Champions League and if Milan make a couple of necessary signings, they will have a decent Champions League run. In Serie A they won't, its almost like they can't be ****ed with it.

In the face of a Juventus revival, Barcelona being themselves and Real Madrid building a potent squad WITH a decent defence, I'm fully expecting the English clubs to be rather average in Europe. I include Liverpool and Man Utd in that.
haha.

leave the comedy to the professional comedians.

okay rove?

It will get to a stage when the experienced players are liabilities though. Similar to what Neville and Scholes were at times for Manure. Kaka is a big loss and they don't seem to have squad capable of challenging for the title.

certainly, and i dont think they will win anything next season.

now would be the perfect time to bring in a few young players to freshen them up a bit but that doesnt look like happening.

pato will be one of the best strikers in the world, but apart from him there arent too many good young players coming through right now.

a central midfielder with some energy, a striker and an attacking player with creativity are needed. there defence is old aswell, but they will be able to hold up and with thiago silva it atleast has someone for the future.

£15m bid for Lescott gone in from City, I expect it will be rejected.
Of course it will. We don't desperately need the money. We haven't lost anyone of note from the last season, get Yak back and Jo for a full season, plus any other signings we make as well as Rodwell stepping up.

It will be a shame to lose Lescott, as I rate him as the second best defender that we have had since I bagan watching Everton in the early 1980's. I have no doubt that we will reject the bid from City and hold out for more, as we are getting royally rogered if we accept only £15 million for him when you consider how long he still has to run on his contract. David Moyes has said that he will not sell anybody, however his past behaviour has shown that he will always let somebody leave if they want too, so it's up to Lescott to hand in a transfer request and forego his loyalty bonus (which City may end up paying anyway, because he doesn't look like he wants to give it up).

Ten Things Rafa Benitez Should Do Before Selling Xabi Alonso - Ripped from goal.com

10. Shave the goatee. C’mon now, Raf – it’s had a good run, but it’s time to move on. You need a fresh look. Maybe a Mohawk.

9. Throw away that heart-shaped pendant with a picture of Gareth Barry inside. The moment’s gone. He’s run off with Sparky Hughes and there’s nothing you can do about it – his bank balance is bigger.

8. Buy back Robbie Keane. With Xabi gone, someone will have to step into the first team – thus leaving a space open on the bench for the impish (and very, very expensive) Irishman.

7. Sell Fernando Torres and bring back Emile Heskey. Offloading your most influential players is all the rage, apparently. ‘El Nino’ suffered through injury last term, so he’s in danger of being traded in for an inferior, English equivalent (as per Xabi-Barry last summer).

6. Make David N’Gog captain. He is the future, of course, and will be an ‘Untouchable’ once Torres’ move to Tranmere Rovers is completed. The most talented Frenchman ever to grace Anfield, Bruno Cheyrou notwithstanding...

5. Quadruple Lucas’ wages. It’s about time his salary matched his contribution to the team. I mean, he’s Brazilian – so surely he deserves it?

4. Give Alvaro Arbeloa to Real Madrid for free – and promise never to humiliate them by a record margin again. Does what it says on the tin. Five-goal drubbings begone!

3. Sell his stake in Pukka Pies. Not only would this provide an instant revenue boost, but the lack of freebie pastries would save millions in cash that would usually be spent on ever-roomier suits.

2. Flog all the club’s league titles and European Cups to Manchester City. They need history, Rafa needs money. It’s a win-win situation.

1. Rename the Kop the ‘Michael Owen Stand’. It’d be every bit as popular with the fans as selling one of the best midfielders in Europe.

as for the english teams being average, thats the funniest thing ive heard in a long time. english teams will always perform well, not necessarily all 4 of them, but atleast 1 will reach the semi at the very least. and 3 will make the quarters.

If one makes the semi's and the others the quarters and fall there, that says average to me.

Don't get me wrong, they have been strong for a while (Man Utd, Liverpool etc) but I can see them all dropping off.

It will get to a stage when the experienced players are liabilities though. Similar to what Neville and Scholes were at times for Manure. Kaka is a big loss and they don't seem to have squad capable of challenging for the title.

Serie A - No

Champions League - who knows? Milan always seem to have quality when it comes to Europe's top competition so anything could happen. Ronaldinho is a major wildcard. He strikes some consistant form (which he started to do last season until Ancelotti benched him) and Pato continues on and anything could happen. An injury free run for most of the starting XI would help too....

Still think Barcelona, Real Madrid and Juventus are the 3 major favourites for European honours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we are getting royally rogered if we accept only £15 million for him when you consider how long he still has to run on his contract.

At £15m someone is getting rogered and it aint Everton.

I reckon we'll end up paying £18m, but it'll probably take a transfer request from Lescott.

If one makes the semi's and the others the quarters and fall there, that says average to me.

Don't get me wrong, they have been strong for a while (Man Utd, Liverpool etc) but I can see them all dropping off.

3 teams in the top 8 is average? well every other league has been below average for a while then.

and i said that as the very least.

dont think any team bar real and barca will be up to or better then chelsea and us. juve have strengthened alot, but still arent top 3.

3 teams in the top 8 is average? well every other league has been below average for a while then.

dont think any team bar real and barca will be up to or better then chelsea and us. juve have strengthened alot, but still arent top 3.
4 in he top 8 three years in a row isn't it?

If that deal between Inter and Barcelona is legit then, quite clearly, Inter have cleaned up. Ibra is way overrated.

Barca should have done more for Villa.

The latest ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/8155593.stm

Barca & Inter agree striker swap

Barcelona and Inter Milan have reached an agreement in principle to swap Inter striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic for Barca forward Samuel Eto'o plus cash.

Reports suggest Barca will pay about £35m plus 28-year-old Eto'o in return for Ibrahimovic, 27.

In addition, Alex Hleb will spend a season on loan at the Italian club.

"The signing depends on Ibrahimovic, on Eto'o and all parties," said Barca president Joan Laporta, who is also keen to sign Valencia's David Villa.

"David Villa as an option is not finished. We haven't discarded any possibilities, " Laporta said on Friday.

Eto'o came close to agreeing a move to Manchester City, before the Eastlands side ended their pursuit on 10 July.

The Cameroon international has scored more than 100 goals in five seasons at the Nou Camp but has been regularly linked with moves away from the club and is out of contract next summer.

Since signing for Inter from Juventus following the Turin side's demotion to Serie B in 2006, Ibrahimovic has become one of the most prized strikers in Europe.

The Swede was top scorer in Serie A last season and has reportedly attracted attention from Real Madrid and Manchester United as well as European champions Barca.

Inter and Barcelona have done business once already this summer with Brazilian left-back Maxwell moving to Spain in a £3.9m deal.

No English sides? If Liverpool keep both Alonso and Mascherano then they will always do well. Chelsea have a good squad and can't be ignored. I'm still not sold on Madrid.

Maybe Chelsea in that, they still have quite a strong squad as you said.

Man Utd and Liverpool will be stung heavily by losing players.

Alonso and Mascherano will leave Liverpool. Certainly Alonso. He joins Madrid and I rate them as a massive threat. Massive.

Given the strength of the big 4 in England, 3 in the top 8 without one making the final is average. Which is what will happen IMO.

Barca, Real and Juventus will be (or should be) superior to both Chelsea and Liverpool. Certainly Liverpool given Alonso is halfway out the door already.

If that deal between Inter and Barcelona is legit then, quite clearly, Inter have cleaned up. Ibra is way overrated.

Barca should have done more for Villa.

I've suspected for some time now that Barca's "we are poor, we only have 35m Euros to burn" is a simple ploy to deflate the market, which is fair enough if one sense, but i wonder how much they've really have

only then can you really figure out whether Barca have done enough work on Villa. Because barca "need" to replace eto'o but they can't sell him. Only a swap to Inter will work.
Still think Barcelona, Real Madrid and Juventus are the 3 major favourites for European honours.
Don't see chelsea getting any worse, but then again i don't see them getting any better with ancelotti.

discipline is the big thing players and clubs need from a manager in order to keep the egos in check ... tis the reason mourinho, hiddink and SAF have been so successful.

the very reason barca played the way they did last season. humungus difference in training philosophy from the rijkaard "train when you feel like it" era

The latest ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/8155593.stm

Barca & Inter agree striker swap

Barcelona and Inter Milan have reached an agreement in principle to swap Inter striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic for Barca forward Samuel Eto'o plus cash.

Reports suggest Barca will pay about £35m plus 28-year-old Eto'o in return for Ibrahimovic, 27.

In addition, Alex Hleb will spend a season on loan at the Italian club.

"The signing depends on Ibrahimovic, on Eto'o and all parties," said Barca president Joan Laporta, who is also keen to sign Valencia's David Villa.

"David Villa as an option is not finished. We haven't discarded any possibilities, " Laporta said on Friday.

Eto'o came close to agreeing a move to Manchester City, before the Eastlands side ended their pursuit on 10 July.

The Cameroon international has scored more than 100 goals in five seasons at the Nou Camp but has been regularly linked with moves away from the club and is out of contract next summer.

Since signing for Inter from Juventus following the Turin side's demotion to Serie B in 2006, Ibrahimovic has become one of the most prized strikers in Europe.

The Swede was top scorer in Serie A last season and has reportedly attracted attention from Real Madrid and Manchester United as well as European champions Barca.

Inter and Barcelona have done business once already this summer with Brazilian left-back Maxwell moving to Spain in a £3.9m deal.
If Barca landed both ... i would orgasm. Villa can play LF, I-barca-ca dabra can play ST with Messi out on the RF and Henry, Bojan warming the bench.

unstoppable

Juventus? :D

Are they bringing their own referees again?
pay that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back