The Summer transfer rumor thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd take Lescott over Onuoha anyday of the week.

Why don't you rate Lescott moomba? Versatile, goal scoring defender.

What's not to like?

I'd take Lescott over Onuoha anyday of the week.

Why don't you rate Lescott moomba? Versatile, goal scoring defender.

What's not to like?

I just don't think Lescott is that good defensively, not too arsed about goals from defenders. Usually as much to do with delivery as anything.

He's better than Nedum right now, but there isn't a great deal in it IMO, and Ned has a lot of improvement left in him.

I just don't think Lescott is that good defensively, not too arsed about goals from defenders. Usually as much to do with delivery as anything.

He's better than Nedum right now, but there isn't a great deal in it IMO, and Ned has a lot of improvement left in him.

I'm with moomba on this one.

I'd be happy with either, but if I was in Citeh's position, I'd be keeping Ned.

+1 disappointed if we sold Nedum. I don't think that's going to happen though, as we seem to be placing an emphasis on keeping our best home grown academy talent (that isn't a sulky twat like Sturridge.)

I rate Lescott, but he does leave a hole at the back at times so anything over £10m seems excessive, but for two reasons stated above I'd be happy with any deal under £20m. He's better defensively than Johnson, and we're having to pay over the top for just about every one of our signings at the moment. That said, is anyone else chasing Lescott? Surely if no-one else is chasing, the ball should be in the buyer's court!

Meh...

Just out of interest, what are your criticisms of the defensive side of the game?

+1 disappointed if we sold Nedum. I don't think that's going to happen though, as we seem to be placing an emphasis on keeping our best home grown academy talent (that isn't a sulky twat like Sturridge.)

I rate Lescott, but he does leave a hole at the back at times so anything over £10m seems excessive, but for two reasons stated above I'd be happy with any deal under £20m. He's better defensively than Johnson, and we're having to pay over the top for just about every one of our signings at the moment. That said, is anyone else chasing Lescott? Surely if no-one else is chasing, the ball should be in the buyer's court!

Meh...

I think you would be stupid to get rid of Onuoha as well and I think the two of them together would be a good central pairing going into next season.

Just on the bolded point, he wouldn't be starting ahead of Vidic or Terry for the left sided central defender and wouldn't be ahead of Cole or Evra at left back, so that rules them two out.
IMO he is better than what Liverpool have at left bank and is no worse than their central defenders, but we probably wouldn't sell to them if they came in anyway.
Arsenal are the perfect fit for him, but what we would want for him would be outside of their willingness to pay i'd imagine.
He also signed a new 4 year contract only a matter of months ago as well, so when it comes to negotiating a fee, it shouldn't be forgotten that the ball is more towards our side of the court.

Just out of interest, what are your criticisms of the defensive side of the game?

I think you would be stupid to get rid of Onuoha as well and I think the two of them together would be a good central pairing going into next season.

Just on the bolded point, he wouldn't be starting ahead of Vidic or Terry for the left sided central defender and wouldn't be ahead of Cole or Evra at left back, so that rules them two out.
IMO he is better than what Liverpool have at left bank and is no worse than their central defenders, but we probably wouldn't sell to them if they came in anyway.
Arsenal are the perfect fit for him, but what we would want for him would be outside of their willingness to pay i'd imagine.
He also signed a new 4 year contract only a matter of months ago as well, so when it comes to negotiating a fee, it shouldn't be forgotten that the ball is more towards our side of the court.

definitely no worse then carra, skrtel or agger, but i would take aurelio over him any day of the week, he is one of the most underrated players.

arsenal were chasing lescott if i recall correctly?

Who cares who was the better team which season, you said Milan's squad had gone downhill since Istanbul. Clearly you were wrong and/or have no idea what your on about.

How am I clearly wrong? Show me how and when Milan has actually improved from the side that owned Liverpool for most of that night to the one that was very lucky to win 2 years later (scoring from a deflected free kick after a Kaka dive after Liverpool had the upperhand) to the one that will likely go out against any of the English sides and Barcelona or Real this season.

Galactico said:
There is money to spend now. Berlusconi won't spend it. One word - tightarse.

No. When a team that is in decline like Milan and after having sold Kaka still doesn't seriously invest in quality players, you have no money to spend. I don't care how much money Berlusconi may have, Milan doesn't currently seem to have a business model that allows them to invest heavily in new players. We've seen this coming for years now.

I asked you to tell me what players you've bought in the last 2 or 3 seasons to seriously strengthen your ageing squad because you came up with Real having inflated the market as the excuse for why you weren't signing players right now. Well?

apollo_creed said:
Gangbang Anal Wars 12 - Barcelona version.

A bit sore there Barca? eh?

How so?

How am I clearly wrong? Show me how and when Milan has actually improved from the side that owned Liverpool for most of that night to the one that was very lucky to win 2 years later (scoring from a deflected free kick after a Kaka dive after Liverpool had the upperhand) to the one that will likely go out against any of the English sides and Barcelona or Real this season.

No. When a team that is in decline like Milan and after having sold Kaka still doesn't seriously invest in quality players, you have no money to spend. I don't care how much money Berlusconi may have, Milan doesn't currently seem to have a business model that allows them to invest heavily in new players. We've seen this coming for years now.

I asked you to tell me what players you've bought in the last 2 or 3 seasons to seriously strengthen your ageing squad because you came up with Real having inflated the market as the excuse for why you weren't signing players right now. Well?

For starters, I merely stated that it was wrong to say Milan declined since Istanbul CL final. They made the final again in 06/07 so how on earth could they have genuinely declined??? Since then? Yes.....but your actual original statement was ridiculous.

Real Madrid inflating the market is no excuse for Milan not buying players. It's no excuse whatsoever, I'm just putting it forward because it seems to be the excuse everyone is trotting out, from Galliani to Sir Alex Ferguson etc. In the last 2 years AC Milan have not done near enough to strengthen the squad, no debate about it. However I think there is still enough quality there to have a decent Champions league run. Win it? Highly unlikely but the quarters are a definete possibility.

If you genuinely think Milan are not spending money because they have none to invest in players then you seriously are lacking in knowledge. Berlusconi could have 500 different reasons as to why he won't spend big money but between him and the club, I'll lay my house on it that they have money to spend. Business model or not, they have cold hard cash. What on earth is Real Madrid's business model? They don't have one, apart from Perez buying the best attacking talent on the planet and recouping the cash in a million different ways. Oh and the banks in Spain will bend over backwards for Real too.....

yeah nice 'business model'. Lets try to not turn this into something it isn't. Berlusconi probably thinks they don't need to spend alot of cash, that the team is already set. Delusional? Probably but I think he's hinging his hopes on landing Fabiano, prising Hernandes away from Sao Paulo and a rejuvenated Ronaldinho dancing the samba again.

Cost? Probably somewhere between 30-35 million euros. That's why he won't spend alot more, its their way of thinking right now. Money has little to do with it, they don't think they need to spend to get the results they want and if they can do that and save cash, well its a win-win.

Time will tell how stupid or brilliant they are. This time around, I'm thinking the former. Although if Pato and Ronaldinho fire and injuries are a minimum, then who knows.

Who ACTUALLY knows what John Terry is doing/thinking? If citeh manage to grab him, they are a HUGE threat to the top 4, namingly arsenal and man u (gulp)

add in lescott down back too, the EPL is going to be so much fun this season!

is ther anymore signings for ManCity? midfield could use someone else maybe, unless teves/robinho are going to play a bit higher up the ground too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

is ther anymore signings for ManCity? midfield could use someone else maybe, unless teves/robinho are going to play a bit higher up the ground too
It depends on formation. They need probably need another CB. Also I'm not sure what's happening with Dunne so they might go with Onuoha.

---------------Given---------------
-----------------------------------
Richards---Dunne---Lescott?---Bridge
--------------Kompany-------------
---------Ireland-----Barry----------
----Tevez------------------Robinho
--------------Adebayor------------

Sub: Taylor, Onuoha, De Jong, Elano, SWP, Bellamy, RSQ

I've probably forgotten someone.

It depends on formation. They need probably need another CB. Also I'm not sure what's happening with Dunne so they might go with Onuoha.

Kompany at CB and De Jong in the middle I imagine

yep, their defence is the only area that isn't top 4 quality at the moment.. if they sign Terry then they will definitely give it a shake.

FWIW why aren't they pursuing other world class Centre Backs who would come much cheaper (eg. Carvalho/Marquez etc.)

Ireland and Barry are good enough to be labelled a top 4 midfield (there abouts anyway)

Tevez, Adebayor and Robinho is arguably the best frontline in the EPL now on paper.

top 4 IMO will see Arsenal drop to fifth and Man City to jump in..

Drogba or Torres by themselves would score more goals. Those 3 look good on paper but are about as mentally tough as paper.

put it this way, a lot of defences will be very, very nervous at the prospect of facing these 3.. I agree that consistency could be up and down but if they all fire in the same game.. carnage will occur.

put it this way, a lot of defences will be very, very nervous at the prospect of facing these 3.. I agree that consistency could be up and down but if they all fire in the same game.. carnage will occur.
It certainly will. Now that they have Ade, the move for RSQ seems even more ridiculous. Only worry would be that Ade and RSQ are one season wonders at this stage. As BB said, Tevez won't be hitting the back of the net all the time. Robinho seems to dissapear to often during games, especially away from home. All have talent and potential to destroy teams but they all seem to be the same sort of character. Maybe exclude Tevez he does seem to enjoy a tough hard match at times.

If we sign Lescott, I would like him to be played as a left back. IMO Bridge dosent cut it as a top 4 left back. If we can sign Lescott and another CB I think we would start to look pretty bloody good.

------------------Given--------------------------
-------------------------------------------------
Zabaletta---Onuaha---Kompany/new CB---Lescott
-----------------De Jong-------------------------
-------------Ireland-----Barry--------------------
--------Tevez------------------Robinho----------
-----------------Adebayor-----------------------

If we get a new CB move Kompany to CDM and De Jong to the pine

For starters, I merely stated that it was wrong to say Milan declined since Istanbul CL final. They made the final again in 06/07 so how on earth could they have genuinely declined??? Since then? Yes.....but your actual original statement was ridiculous.

In 2007 you won the final with
------------Inzaghi
-------------Kaka
Seedorf-Ambrosini-Pirlo-Gattuso
Jankulovski-Maldini-Nesta-Oddo
-------------Dida

In 2005 you fielded
------Crespo-Shevchenko
------------Kaka
Seedorf----Pirlo----Gattuso
Maldini--Nesta--Stam--Cafu
-----------Dida

Are you saying that 2007 side is on par with the 2005 one? You've replaced Shevchenko and Crespo by the guy who used to warm the bench because of them, Ambrosini has somehow got himself in the team and Stam & Cafu have been replaced by Jankulovski & Oddo.

That 2005 team consisted of 10 world class players and Dida; the 2007 side is what was left over from that side (Stam, Crespo and Cafu too old, you couldn't hold on to Shevchenko) and Seedorf and Maldini well past their best.

The 2005 team would've been a worthy European champion, they were class all over. In 2007 you lost against Lille and AEK (thank god Anderlecht were in your group), you needed extra time to get past Celtic, Kaka hit the form of his life against a severely understrength Man Utd defense and Liverpool were the better side in the final.

Galactico said:
Real Madrid inflating the market is no excuse for Milan not buying players. It's no excuse whatsoever, I'm just putting it forward because it seems to be the excuse everyone is trotting out, from Galliani to Sir Alex Ferguson etc. In the last 2 years AC Milan have not done near enough to strengthen the squad, no debate about it. However I think there is still enough quality there to have a decent Champions league run. Win it? Highly unlikely but the quarters are a definete possibility.

With the difference that we know that Utd (and most other clubs) will spend whenever they feel the time's right. From reports Utd have at least tried to sign Benzema and Ribery.

Of course the 1/4 are a possibility. All you need to do is pass the group stages and not draw one of the 6 teams I put forward.

Galactico said:
If you genuinely think Milan are not spending money because they have none to invest in players then you seriously are lacking in knowledge. Berlusconi could have 500 different reasons as to why he won't spend big money but between him and the club, I'll lay my house on it that they have money to spend. Business model or not, they have cold hard cash. What on earth is Real Madrid's business model? They don't have one, apart from Perez buying the best attacking talent on the planet and recouping the cash in a million different ways. Oh and the banks in Spain will bend over backwards for Real too.....

To me this just sounds absurd. You're saying you've got money to spend but you've chosen to let yourself slide down the European ladder and turn into a club with modest ambition instead of trying to win the CL again, that after having been about the best club in Europe for over a decade?

At least we know Real is making money. In 'ordinary' summers they also spend shitloads.

Galactico said:
yeah nice 'business model'. Lets try to not turn this into something it isn't. Berlusconi probably thinks they don't need to spend alot of cash, that the team is already set. Delusional? Probably but I think he's hinging his hopes on landing Fabiano, prising Hernandes away from Sao Paulo and a rejuvenated Ronaldinho dancing the samba again.

He's hoping to sign Fabiano but he's offering money that's nowhere near his market value (and the same re Hernanes I read)? Hmm.. sounds like he's not willing to spend the money that's necessary.

And good luck with Ronaldinho, he's been past it for 3 years.

Galactico said:
Cost? Probably somewhere between 30-35 million euros. That's why he won't spend alot more, its their way of thinking right now. Money has little to do with it, they don't think they need to spend to get the results they want and if they can do that and save cash, well its a win-win.

Time will tell how stupid or brilliant they are. This time around, I'm thinking the former. Although if Pato and Ronaldinho fire and injuries are a minimum, then who knows.

Com'on, everyone knows you need more than that. They're just excuses.

no no no ... this is all wrong.

tevez is on the bench, robinho has done an "adriano" and is back in Brazil and Adebayor is on the "injured" list.

Why do you think they were still interested in Eto'o and Forlan? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back