Arts & Humanities The Things That Make You Sad Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I have lost/misplaced/thrown out an extremely important document that I need right now.

I have torn my house apart, have barely slept and had a massive anxiety attack - need to focus on anbeing proactive rather than reactive

Deep breaths

Did you find it?

About 10 years ago I couldn't find my passport the day before a flight. It necessitated a mad trip to the passport office in Brisbane for a new one. After I got on the plane I took my the book out that I had packed in my backpack and found the old passport in the pages of the book.

Last edited:
Did you find it?

About 10 years ago I couldn't find my passport the day before a flight. It necessitated a mad trip to the passport office in Brisbane for a new one. After I got on the plane I took my the book out that I had packed in my backpack and found the Old passport in the pages of the book.

I stopped looking, it caused me to much anxiety - title deeds to my mums house

Settlement agent needed them, so I have had to delay settlement while we go through the process of getting a duplicate. Easy if she was alive, but so much additional paperwork in death

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My sister has been married three times and has 5 kids from 3 different fathers. Whenever one of my nephews or niece is giving me the shits I'll say to them, "Whose kid are you?"

I've got a younger mate in a similar setup. He's one of a cadre of brothers from 3 different fathers.

One set is pretty smart, one set is super smart and one is dumb as a box of hammers. The Mum is now a lesbian as well, which I think is brilliant.

My sister has been married three times and has 5 kids from 3 different fathers. Whenever one of my nephews or niece is giving me the shits I'll say to them, "Whose kid are you?"

mean - not the kids fault your sister struggles with relationships. Hopefully they tell you to take a long walk off a....

mean - not the kids fault your sister struggles with relationships. Hopefully they tell you to take a long walk off a....

It's usually in jest and they're mostly in their 20s and 30s. And they do tell me to take a long walk.

My best mate at work came in this morning looking very down. His wife had been expecting their first baby and were really excited about it. But she had a miscarriage on the weekend. What do you even say to something like that? Then one colleague, who always makes it about her, started talking about how her second cousin once removed had a miscarriage. Seriously, stfu for once.

My best mate at work came in this morning looking very down. His wife had been expecting their first baby and were really excited about it. But she had a miscarriage on the weekend. What do you even say to something like that? Then one colleague, who always makes it about her, started talking about how her second cousin once removed had a miscarriage. Seriously, stfu for once.
I guess you just try and support them and let them know you're there if they need to chat.

no words really. be there for your mate. absolutely gut wrenching.

also no words about the colleague. We all have associates like that. it's as if they have no comprehension or ability to read the room. an associate once at a bbq was in a group conversation. i confided in teh small group that the old man has cancer. he opined "(sons name)'s classmates dad has cancer...i mean what do you say to the family?".

or they also dont know what to say and its what spits out in an uncomfortable situation. People get so uptight about what some people may say in awkward situations.

As they say, sometimes it's best to keep your mouth shut and look like a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt. hahaha

or they also dont know what to say and its what spits out in an uncomfortable situation. People get so uptight about what some people may say in awkward situations.

While this may be true in some cases it's definitely not in this case. This colleague needs to make every situation about her.

Remove this Banner Ad

Arts & Humanities The Things That Make You Sad Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back