Arts & Humanities The Things That Make You Sad Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Neese it's probably very little consolation, but it's two years since my dad died next week, and like the_interloper said, it does get easier. I still think about him/miss him every day, but I take solace in the fact he is no longer in pain.

I still remember all the wonderful memories I had with him, just as you will with your mum no doubt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My 15 year old dog not looking well. I don't think he has too much longer left. It's going to absolutely wreck me. I'm bawling my eyes out just thinking about losing him.
Its a tough time. My 14yo chocolate lab passed away in January of this year.

He was travelling really well but you just never know at that age and then one afternoon he collapsed and that was it. Thankfully it all happened pretty quickly and he didn't seem to be in much pain.

My 15 year old dog not looking well. I don't think he has too much longer left. It's going to absolutely wreck me. I'm bawling my eyes out just thinking about losing him.

we got told our pooch has cancer just after Easter and had a few weeks to live, here we are in November, and he is still going strong, but we know that day is coming, which is just as hard

Adding to the above, mine has what's presumably Cushing's Disease.

Her old self has completely vaporised.

Only happened within the last year and a half and a bit.

She had a good first 13 years.

It's the last couple that's seen her deteriorate.

Adding to the above, mine has what's presumably Cushing's Disease.

Her old self has completely vaporised.

Only happened within the last year and a half and a bit.

She had a good first 13 years.

It's the last couple that's seen her deteriorate.

Update: Since Sunday, she went downhill really badly.

Don't know what happened between Sunday night and Monday but she was spewing up like no one's business.

Yesterday, it was the day and practically died on the way to our local Best Friends.

2007-2022.

Update: Since Sunday, she went downhill really badly.

Don't know what happened between Sunday night and Monday but she was spewing up like no one's business.

Yesterday, it was the day and practically died on the way to our local Best Friends.

2007-2022.

Sorry to hear that. Never let anyone tell how to feel about a pet's death, the full grief experience is totally normal and okay.

Use to be a meter reader when I was in Brissie. Gutted to see one mauled to death by a pack of dogs. Unsure on why he went in that yard with a beware sign, but that doesn't mean he should be mauled. Got done in myself a few times but nothing close to this. Some dogs were absolutely feral and should be exterminated on the spot. Always made me nervous walking down the streets with them trying to get over the fences.

Remove this Banner Ad

Arts & Humanities The Things That Make You Sad Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back