Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rumour from the arse clown of Adelaide radio, Andrew Jarman so treat it for what it's worth.
Wasn't paying too much attention but if I heard correctly, according to Jars, Collingwood willing to trade Cloke to St Kilda for pick 1.
Can't see what St Kilda would get out of it during a rebuild period, but hypothetically, would we gain by trading our 1st round pick?

I really can't see this happening to be honest.

Season wouldn't be complete without wanting to sack your coach.

Bucks was doing well with a bloody young list up to half way through the year. Maxwell is a big loss. Once he retires who is the general out there on the field? Specifically the back 6. Pendles is captain but he can't marshall the back line when hes following the ball around. You take out Maxwell and Heath Shaw who were both pillars back there in terms of their role but also how they organised things, as well as Reid either being injured or underdone, and the wheels were bound to fall off. In addition to that the kids just ran out of steam. They need to stick with Bucks to see if he can keep things going over the next few years. They surely will, but calling for a coach to be sacked is just them not being able to deal with a lack of success which they have had for the past decade up until half way through this season.

Spot on MH. Very good summation :thumbsu:

Imagine the rage if Kreuzer plays VFL and gets injured

The reality is any player could get injured playing anywhere. If he is right to go, he is right to go.

Only a reoccurrence of the same injury because he wasn't right to go gives any validation to these opinions. Otherwise, why do we play any good player ... they might get injured after all.

We play 22 games per season, the offseason feels long. Supporters like to have happy experiences to draw on, so we play our fit decent players in order to hopefully get a win and give hope to those that fork over their hard earned. Each game is an event in itself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who does he come in for, though? It's not like we've had injuries to our talls and even if we do think we are going in short, surely Watson is the better option at this stage, for a multitude of reasons?
White back and Casboult to play as a full time forward.

I would like to see Watson play forward and rotate with Levi. We've lost something at CHF with Henderson out. Against the Cats, Yarran was taking off and expecting to have a lead up target presenting 35 to 45 out. Didn't have that get out target.

White back and Casboult to play as a full time forward.

I would like to see Watson play forward and rotate with Levi. We've lost something at CHF with Henderson out. Against the Cats, Yarran was taking off and expecting to have a lead up target presenting 35 to 45 out. Didn't have that get out target.
why cant levi just play old fashioned FF and p/t ruck in forward 50?

why cant levi just play old fashioned FF and p/t ruck in forward 50?
Levi is playing a very important role at the moment. He gets up the ground and is our 'get out of jail' option down the line when we have nothing to kick to. Its not helping us on the scoreboard but his strong marking helps us up the ground a fair bit.

Levi is playing a very important role at the moment. He gets up the ground and is our 'get out of jail' option down the line when we have nothing to kick to. Its not helping us on the scoreboard but his strong marking helps us up the ground a fair bit.

It's good to recognize these things and not just look at possessions and DT points.

Casboult has been playing in quite a disciplined manner even if he has dropped a few marks he may have usually taken.

Can you expand upon this please? I feel like Im missing something here. Is Watson being shown the door or something?
no, its just my opinion. I forget the game this year but he made 3 huge errors in a row and i just think you cant come back from something like that, hope im wrong, but he has two chances left to get back in the side pending more injuries i guess, and lets not mention that word.

I see him as a great pack mark, and he does lead too. cant help but think is our midfeild working hard enough or we just need more wheels?

no, its just my opinion. I forget the game this year but he made 3 huge errors in a row and i just think you cant come back from something like that, hope im wrong, but he has two chances left to get back in the side pending more injuries i guess, and lets not mention that word.

I'd hope that three errors don't kill a career.

Watson has been playing well at VFL level consistently (as well as can be expected with our midfield delivery at times) and I think he deserves another chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back