Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I wish we'd just give Watto ONE game as a forward in the AFL. White is good anywhere but Watto's kick from the wing onwards would be awesome

As far as Watson goes - I think Rowe/White/Jamison have developed a good tall defender system....maybe as simple as these three blokes not getting injured and playing every game. Rowe and White have been the two standout surprise packages this year-especially White. If Waite hadn't decided to start playing decent football - perhaps Watson may have been given a shot in a forward ole - but even there- both White and Rowe have been rotated through forwards occasionally during matches - and done ok. Watto would be slower than both - probably his biggest issue.

Lucas - was showing improvement last year - but played a couple of awful games early on this year probably fallen out with MM.

I can't remember the last time Carlton did a trade with EssenDONE - would be interesting to know.
I remember a few years back we smashed them in a final in front of 90k and they went away and traded in Stephen Dank and the Weapon.

I would call that a win to us.

I wish we'd just give Watto ONE game as a forward in the AFL. White is good anywhere but Watto's kick from the wing onwards would be awesome

I like melon head too. The rour that he is gone may have legs though.

PS I like him as a forward

Can the new rumour about Watson be that he's gonna be on the half forward flank? If it gets legs maybe it'll happen. Still remember that goal of his from high half forward near the boundary against the Roos... :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember a game where Watson at least started forward and would have taken 4 or 5 marks on the lead in the first quarter. Maybe last year? Was at Etihad, maybe against Freo? Looked real good early on.
It was the Freo game.

Hope Watto can develop late like Sam Rowe who was originally picked in the 2006 draft. Isn't that slow once he is up and running. Has better hands than Dawes who can't mark, but gets by on workrate.

It was the Freo game.

Hope Watto can develop late like Sam Rowe who was originally picked in the 2006 draft. Isn't that slow once he is up and running. Has better hands than Dawes who can't mark, but gets by on workrate.

That's why most of us think he's more suited to being a forward i think. When he has to stop and start in reaction to a forward as a defender, his slowness off the mark gets found out too easily. When its him making the run he seems much better.

I don't much point in us moving Watson to be honest.

While I have been incredibly harsh on him before he is still worth keeping for awhile yet. Let's just hope that we don't play him against the likes of Hawthorn and Port in top four form again until he gets some continuity into his game.

That's why most of us think he's more suited to being a forward i think. When he has to stop and start in reaction to a forward as a defender, his slowness off the mark gets found out too easily. When its him making the run he seems much better.
Hope Watson can build his engine like Casboult who has had a breakout season of sorts this year. To play forward, he will need to be as fit as Henderson, Kreuzer and Casboult who can run all day. Our inside fifties would improve immeasurably if Watson can get it five to ten times a game in our half.

happy to get Mitchell, but imagine the uproar if they snagged Ryder. wowie, boy oh boy. Really dislike the swans but they are going to be awesome for years to come anyway so it would be worth seeing the AFL community lose it.

Let them get Ryder and then deal with the consequences when he cops a 2 yr ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back