Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
was there ever a player so poorly managed? Could have been a servicable forward or KPD if given time to develop properly. Instead we chuck him back almost as the main man taking gun forwards and gorillas each week.
Paul Bower as a key back was another example. Ruined him mentally.

was there ever a player so poorly managed? Could have been a servicable forward or KPD if given time to develop properly. Instead we chuck him back almost as the main man taking gun forwards and gorillas each week.
Two clubs have tried to turn Hampson into a forward-ruck after they introduced the sub rule. Should be ruck or nothing. There's an art to ruckwork, but it's not as hard to pick up as playing as a forward. Stick an athletic unit or mountain man in the ruck and ask him to go for the ball. A good midfield can carry an adequate ruck.

...b-but SOS had retired! It was in our best interests to try and turn the Under 18 All Australian CHF into a full back! I still can't believe the plan didn't work out.

Two clubs have tried to turn Hampson into a forward-ruck after they introduced the sub rule. Should be ruck or nothing. There's an art to ruckwork, but it's not as hard to pick up as playing as a forward. Stick an athletic unit or mountain man in the ruck and ask him to go for the ball. A good midfield can carry an adequate ruck.

Have you shared this with Warnock?;)

Heard a rumour today that police were at Essendon last night and there has been some sort of incident involving Hird and Thompson. Not against each other.
It happened last weekend. Could be BS but the person is involved at Essendon so it at least gives us something to talk about.

Heard a rumour today that police were at Essendon last night and there has been some sort of incident involving Hird and Thompson. Not against each other.
It happened last weekend. Could be BS but the person is involved at Essendon so it at least gives us something to talk about.
They victim or accused?

Just had a quick stalk of his twitter.

Still seems to like Carlton.

Livo. :hearts:

Waste any more time?

People who liked this post would be excited about Membrey who is playing well in a poorer league than the VFL. Yet Watto hasn't been poor in the VFL this year.

I guess you would have been one of many who felt Rowe and White weren't going to be regulars this year. They might be more competitive, yet Watson isn't soft and a poor body player. Nothing like Bower for example who could run, but lacked strength, vision and skill.

Watson was thrown into the deep end against the Hawks without Henderson and Jamison there. Rowe and White were just as green in terms of experience.

We belted Watson harder than Henderson who made similar errors and was run down in the first round.

A lot of assumptions in this post. I don't want Membrey and I always wanted Rowe in defence for the record.

IN MY OPINION, Watson has attributes to his game that will make it very hard for him to play at AFL level. He is slow, his body isn't as big as his height would suggest (most of it is his head), he's lazy (no second efforts, doesn't chase hard), he is useless at ground level and he chokes under pressure. We just can't carry players like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone confirm David king said Boyd,20 and a midfielder for Henderson ??? Apprentley he said that last night on 360 ?

Is he just having a guess as to a possible trade or has he heard a rumour that this is being negotiated?

Make the midfielder Dylan Shiel and add our first pick and I would do that deal. I do love Hendo, though.

Can anyone confirm David king said Boyd,20 and a midfielder for Henderson ??? Apprentley he said that last night on 360 ?

Can't see this happening at all.
Hendo is just about the most important player at our club now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back