Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a Williamstown fan for 2 reasons. 1. because they raided us & 2. because last yr when I went to the willi game @ visy, there was an old man screaming 'go towners' every 3 seconds.
I have dealt with a lot of ferals from Williamstown in the crowd.

Went to a final against them last year when the smashed us. They knew they weren't a chance for the flag so when they got a match winning lead they started sniping our players and just being real pricks. I hope the Borough can smash them in either a preliminary or the big dance this year.

Last edited:
Are you guys seriously entertaining the notion of trading Watson for this guy:

Farren+Ray+Sam+Grimley+AFL+Rd+20+St+Kilda+VLEb4SLAPTcl.jpg

HE'S NOT EVEN LOOKING AT THE BALL!

Look at him in these ones:

Sam+Grimley+St+Kilda+v+Hawthorn+WRGKzARQQcrl.jpg

Sam+Grimley+vU4gjuT5stlm.jpg

WHAT ARE YOU SO SCARED OF GRIMEY? ITS JUST A STOPPAGE!

And then there's this one:

Tom+Scully+Sam+Grimley+aGaox5Gnffum.jpg

I DONT EVEN KNOW WHERE TO BEGIN.

Thank you for your time Steven Tyler but you can hold onto Hampson 2.0 "The spuddening" :thumbsu:

Cameron Giles is one I would be putting ahead of Watson. He's big, quick and can play both ends (he played as a forward before the u18 carnival from memory). He doesn't have the booming kick of Watson but his disposal is still pretty good. I see him as a third tall to possibly replace Waite until he bulks up.

His recent injury concerns me a little, though.

Cameron Giles is one I would be putting ahead of Watson. He's big, quick and can play both ends (he played as a forward before the u18 carnival from memory). He doesn't have the booming kick of Watson but his disposal is still pretty good. I see him as a third tall to possibly replace Waite until he bulks up.

His recent injury concerns me a little, though.

While it is early days and I certainly have given up on him, but i am not sure Giles has done anything to suggest that he is going to make it in the games I have seen him play.

While it is early days and I certainly have given up on him, but i am not sure Giles has done anything to suggest that he is going to make it in the games I have seen him play.

Would you say Watson showed more in his first year?

I'd say Watson has barely shown anything in his whole time at the club.

Last edited:
Tough going for a kid in his first year to be played on Cloke and Dawes.

Giles may come good, but I wouldn't be putting the house on him just yet.

My source is normally 100%. Kreuzer to play vs. Port.

Not sure I like this but if he does play, some more of this please...

If he does play like that, he might earn himself a re-rising star award nomination.

Edit: Just checked the records. Seems he is ineligible. He was previously nominated for this game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tough going for a kid in his first year to be played on Cloke and Dawes.

Giles may come good, but I wouldn't be putting the house on him just yet.

I don't think anybody is putting their house on either Watson nor Giles, and I wouldn't be putting it on Casboult either just quietly. If we're going to be a top four side we need dominant key position players. I'd rather we didn't waste anymore time hoping Watson comes good.

I don't think anybody is putting their house on either Watson nor Giles, and I wouldn't be putting it on Casboult either just quietly. If we're going to be a top four side we need dominant key position players. I'd rather we didn't waste anymore time hoping Watson comes good.
Waste any more time?

People who liked this post would be excited about Membrey who is playing well in a poorer league than the VFL. Yet Watto hasn't been poor in the VFL this year.

I guess you would have been one of many who felt Rowe and White weren't going to be regulars this year. They might be more competitive, yet Watson isn't soft and a poor body player. Nothing like Bower for example who could run, but lacked strength, vision and skill.

Watson was thrown into the deep end against the Hawks without Henderson and Jamison there. Rowe and White were just as green in terms of experience.

We belted Watson harder than Henderson who made similar errors and was run down in the first round.

Waste any more time?

People who liked this post would be excited about Membrey who is playing well in a poorer league than the VFL. Yet Watto hasn't been poor in the VFL this year.

I guess you would have been one of many who felt Rowe and White weren't going to be regulars this year. They might be more competitive, yet Watson isn't soft and a poor body player. Nothing like Bower for example who could run, but lacked strength, vision and skill.

Watson was thrown into the deep end against the Hawks without Henderson and Jamison there. Rowe and White were just as green in terms of experience.

We belted Watson harder than Henderson who made similar errors and was run down in the first round.

I'd like to get Membrey and keep Watson though.

Membrey would only cost a fourth rounder now and we could pick him up in the psd.

More marking targets in the forward 50 and potential mids are always helpful.

Oh pish posh. KPP take 4 seasons and whilst he's in his 4th season he's only been given 18 games. He's right at that point where we can work out if he will make it or not. Deserves another year if nothing as a depth KPP. Can come in and play a role in defense or attack if someone goes down.

Oh pish posh. KPP take 4 seasons and whilst he's in his 4th season he's only been given 18 games. He's right at that point where we can work out if he will make it or not. Deserves another year if nothing as a depth KPP. Can come in and play a role in defense or attack if someone goes down.
Has another year on his contract, and said last week he looks forward to continuing playing at FF next year.

Won't go anywhere. Although I'd like him to get a game it might not be the worst decision to let him taste more time in the forward half and then over the preseason before chucking him in and ruining his confidence.

They would be outnumbered 3 to 1 by Port Melbourne ferals in the crowd.
It was a home game... ;)

I think willy is worse, not denying Pur ferals though. I find out grog squad hilarious.

I just think with playing in the forward line its just a little more forgiving on a player. IF you make a mistake in the back line, you give away a goal and its tangible. You make a mistake in the forward line, you have crumbers, you have the boundary line, you have your own second efforts... I think it can be so damaging to a player to give him a go in defence, especially someone like MAtty Watson who you expect based on his size is going to take on the oppositions biggest forward, and then go and judge him on that after 18 games.

The kid needs time. He needs consistency in role as well as consecutive games. Of course he is going to be made to look silly. No KPD has ever come in and just done the job and nullified his opponent in his first 20 games. You have to persist for season upon season and make sure that person is adequately supportered before you get someone who can hold down a post.

I just think with playing in the forward line its just a little more forgiving on a player. IF you make a mistake in the back line, you give away a goal and its tangible. You make a mistake in the forward line, you have crumbers, you have the boundary line, you have your own second efforts... I think it can be so damaging to a player to give him a go in defence, especially someone like MAtty Watson who you expect based on his size is going to take on the oppositions biggest forward, and then go and judge him on that after 18 games.

The kid needs time. He needs consistency in role as well as consecutive games. Of course he is going to be made to look silly. No KPD has ever come in and just done the job and nullified his opponent in his first 20 games. You have to persist for season upon season and make sure that person is adequately supportered before you get someone who can hold down a post.
Luke Livingston wants to know where you were a decade or so ago.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back