Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Club wealth won't have anything to do with it. Each club has the same salary cap (ignoring any COLA crap), and each club has to spend a certain amount of that salary cap on players. Good teams can't just keep getting good players, the cap won't allow for it.
but thats the thing, a player generally doesnt move to a crap side

Wasn't this reported in the media some weeks back.
It was by Barrett. He then followed it up last week on radio saying we have had to pay a little bit extra to keep him but will. So who knows.

but thats the thing, a player generally doesnt move to a crap side
Good young players from good sides often get squeezed out to go to teams in the lower third of the ladder. The top teams can't keep taking on all the talent, the salary cap won't allow it, something eventually has to give.

It was by Barrett. He then followed it up last week on radio saying we have had to pay a little bit extra to keep him but will. So who knows.

It does seem a bit odd that we are "prepared" to lose both Waite & Casboult. Hopefully the club has something up their sleeves that we don't know about.

Good young players from good sides often get squeezed out to go to teams in the lower third of the ladder. The top teams can't keep taking on all the talent, the salary cap won't allow it, something eventually has to give.
like thew sydney situation, they know they are stuffed, we should hold strong. Offer Mitchell same if less money and say he will play 1st's we dont have to be stupid about the financials. Daisy's deal still craps me.

It does seem a bit odd that we are "prepared" to lose both Waite & Casboult. Hopefully the club has something up their sleeves that we don't know about.
We aren't prepared to lose Waite. Hence our increased offer.

In light of not re-signing Levi, perhaps there is more substance to ms3's 3 way trade than we first thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he plays a certain number of games, what's the harm? If he doesn't, he won't get the extra year.
thats what i hate, its a pathetic boys club trigger, games played pffftQ!QQQQ!!!
i want actual targets!
cause i can count shed loads of games where stat sheet said he played, but i didnt even see him, maybe he was on the crapper?
give me goals and marks simple!
growl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah well, just replace Casboult with Wood when Kreuzer comes back in as #1 ruckman.

Or get Boyd. :D

Bellchambers?

Essendon are the hardest club to deal with, they'd want 2 top 5 picks!

The gap between what he wanted and what he was offered probably widened around the same time his shots on goal did.

I really butchered that one. Apologies.

Time for the club to make him take a set shot to determine his yearly salary. Just have to make sure the canteen is adequately stocked beforehand. :p

2mm8mpy.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back