Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A rumour not really to do with us, but kind of is in a way, but anyway Cloke not resigning is not due to his father playing hard ball but his mother. His mother seems to think that he is worth much more than Collingwood are offering and therefor putting a lot of pressure on Travis to look else where, if we are, like reported, offering Cloke 1 million we could possibly get him but do not be surprised if he just goes to the highest bidder. Personally I hope to see Carlton back out of the bidding as I think it will destroy our future but as each day goes by it makes it less and less likely that Cloke will resign, and I think people will start to see Collingwood resigning some of their younger stars in weeks to come leaving very little left for Cloke and when he comes back to discuss his contract at years end he will find his 800k contract will be at about 600-700k. The person who fed me the rumour also said and I quote "I know Cloke personally, and he is an absolute moron, and idiot of a bloke"

MotherThe%2BFighter.jpg

Cloke's mum?

That's true only need to watch him on the footy show I guess. But this person confirmed it for me.

hahahaha remember when he tried to use the quote smoke and mirrors, hilarious what a poon.

The best possible result from any offer would be carlton foxing, then at signing time withdrawing and leaving collingwood and cloke to deal with the shit when it hits the fan...Then maybe setants brother can kick him up the gooch while he is on the ground.....

With the Kane Lucas / Dogs rumour. I do think there are a few players on their list that would make me want to let Kane go. But how's this for an idea:

Kane Lucas and our first round pick (10) and our 2nd round pick (31) for
WB second first round pick (probably pick 6) and their second round pick (27)

I think Kane has a lot to give our club and with a year to go on his contract, am not keen to release him. Pick upgrades like that might help out. Thoughts?
at best he's worth mid second round pick

Pretty predictable stuff here, but a number of clubs have been enquiring about Kane Lucas. Naturally, the two WA clubs have asked the question, but surprisingly, the word is that the most interest has come from the Western Bulldogs, who have him at virtually #1 on their list. Carlton, at this stage, is not open to any talks, and whilst frustrated, Kane is pretty happy to stay a Blue, which is good news.
Did this come from the same source that told you Hendo and Robbo would play last week?

Pretty sure his mum had an accident and is NQR. Strongly doubt she's calling the shots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given we aren't interested in trading him, I doubt it is worth discussing. Only way I personally see him not being here next year is if he is home sick, which there are no indications he is.

After his preseason, I really thought Kane was going to be in for a big 2012. Having said that, I don't think the club have done him any favours by starting him as a sub or subbing him off for the majority of the games he has played. It is pleasing to hear that he wants to stay at Carlton though. At his best, he'd well and truly be in our best 22. Would be an ideal replacement for Scotland.

Mate, give it a break. Seriously, it's getting old. Can we just enjoy ourselves in a rumour thread with some rumours?
Exactly right. A rumour would not be called a rumour if it were a certainty, hence why we post it in here. Some may or may not be true, if we were all afraid to post things we heard which may or may not be true well we wouldn't be up to page 36.

Exactly right. A rumour would not be called a rumour if it were a certainty, hence why we post it in here. Some may or may not be true, if we were all afraid to post things we heard which may or may not be true well we wouldn't be up to page 36.
Oh I get it now, you all have contacts on the inside then. My bad.

Actually heard this myself today too, heard it from a friend who works quite high up for a CFC sponsor (not one of the big ones but neverless)

OK so I heard similar two weeks ago but didn't pay much attention even though source (and I risk being labelled sexist here) was a well connected Woman of Carlton. Also that it will be one of Cloke or Goddard.

A rumour not really to do with us, but kind of is in a way, but anyway Cloke not resigning is not due to his father playing hard ball but his mother. His mother seems to think that he is worth much more than Collingwood are offering and therefor putting a lot of pressure on Travis to look else where, if we are, like reported, offering Cloke 1 million we could possibly get him but do not be surprised if he just goes to the highest bidder. Personally I hope to see Carlton back out of the bidding as I think it will destroy our future but as each day goes by it makes it less and less likely that Cloke will resign, and I think people will start to see Collingwood resigning some of their younger stars in weeks to come leaving very little left for Cloke and when he comes back to discuss his contract at years end he will find his 800k contract will be at about 600-700k. The person who fed me the rumour also said and I quote "I know Cloke personally, and he is an absolute moron, and idiot of a bloke"

I assume you mean re-sign, not resign ?

OK so I heard similar two weeks ago but didn't pay much attention even though source (and I risk being labelled sexist here) was a well connected Woman of Carlton. Also that it will be one of Cloke or Goddard.
Not much smoke surrounding goddard, however watching goddard play he doesnt seem 100% into it. i think he is gone despite saying he wants to stay.

If i'm not mistaken, Cloke's mother is the sister of umpire Peter Cameron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back