Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not too worried about Jamo leaving. Have a feeling Walker gets on well with Mick, the fact that he quickly and personally refuted that rumour that he and Mick had had a falling out suggests they might have a good relationship. Would be shattered to lose Gibbs, but Mick's shown a fair bit of faith in him, declaring that there was no way he would be traded earlier in the year. Hopefully Gibbs repays the faith.

I get the impression mick will be more than willing to move on some uncontracted fringe players in order to keep Gibbs. His comments about Gibbs in the paper yesterday have the impression he will do a lot to keep him if there are offers to match.

However, I think we will offer Gibbs a very nice deal (considering he is on a very comfy deal already) and he won't even enter free agency.

Gibbs won't want out ala Thomas, Goddard or Dal Santo. He will re-sign mid year or in the worst case scenario we will match an offer he gets elsewhere because let's face it - unless Gibbs wins the brown low he won't be getting a Buddy like offer that is impossible to match even if we move on half the list.

Will leave a nice chunk of salary cap for us when he does call it a day also.

And not to mention Waite either taking a pay cut or retiring too.

Also keep in mind Walker will become a veteran in 2015 so that's 112k out of the cap if we need to match an offer.

Luck of the draw. It's still wrong though and Collingwood did very well out of losing Thomas:

A top ten pick, Taylor Adams and an extra 300K to work with. They'd do that ever day of the week.
Adams was part of the Shaw trade. Fair bit is riding on Maxwell setting up their backline with Shaw gone. Maxwell isn't as creative and a matchwinner like Shaw. Shaw's game off half back was Yarran-like with his skill and run. Killed us last season.

If Waite doesn't play on what's the chance of him go down the coaching route. Is there potential there?

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

And not to mention Waite either taking a pay cut or retiring too.

Also keep in mind Walker will become a veteran in 2015 so that's 112k out of the cap if we need to match an offer.

Yep if they play on; Judd, Waite, Simpson, Scotland (already reduced), and soon Carrazzo will take pay cuts to help alleviate salary cap pressure.

Having said that, I don't think this will be enough if each of Murphy, Gibbs, Walker, Jamo etc. receive substantial offers that we need to match (or at least partially match).

Will depend on at least some sacrifice from our guns.

Would be great having a forward coach that could help casboult sort out his kicking and running patterns

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Adams was part of the Shaw trade. Fair bit is riding on Maxwell setting up their backline with Shaw gone. Maxwell isn't as creative and a matchwinner like Shaw. Shaw's game off half back was Yarran-like with his skill and run. Killed us last season.

Sort of just supposed to have been an example.

Thomas goes and they have 650K to play with getting 2 very good players and get a top ten pick thrown their way for good luck.

It's just ridiculous getting such a gift.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually Walker has just completed 10 years so he is on the veterans list next year.

Carlton website says only Simmo and Waite - article on rookie draft day explaining we can have 2 nominated rookies given we have 2 vets. Happy if Walker is a vet now - more cap space for Gibbs next year ;)

The only way I think Gibbs/Walker will leave is if we don't improve in 2014 season (make legit finals - top 4) and don't look to be a contender in 2015. If that transpires I will not begrudge them leaving as we'd have to say we'd probably be in a mini rebuild mode and we should just free up our cap space and target some of the young gun players at other clubs who are out of contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back