Competitions The Tontine Challenge back for 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

I survived to Round 2 :eekv1:. Wow, I wasn't really expecting Port to get up, I just took a risk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so let me get this right, if I pick a round 2 team that isn't favourite to win and they lose, I get immunity. So effectively, I get a "free pass" to Round 3. But only if I pick a non fav? Is this right?!

so let me get this right, if I pick a round 2 team that isn't favourite to win and they lose, I get immunity. So effectively, I get a "free pass" to Round 3. But only if I pick a non fav? Is this right?!
afaik - you already have immunity from picking a non favourite last round ;)

Whatever you pick this week - if it falls over, you go through regardless. Not sure what happens if you have immunity and win immunity again, but I figure it doesn't stack :p

4. If your pick for that week is not the nominated favourite for their match, and they win, you accumulate an immunity to offset against any future wrong pick that would otherwise kill you

Last edited:
Yes Quazar and Arcassius you have earned immunity, so your next incorrect pick, regardless of which round that is in, doesn't kill you. You can only carry one immunity at a time but if you lose it you can try for another one down the track.

Yes Quazar and Arcassius you have earned immunity, so your next incorrect pick, regardless of which round that is in, doesn't kill you. You can only carry one immunity at a time but if you lose it you can try for another one down the track.
do you keep records of who is eliminated and who is through each round? Far too lazy to see who has progressed and who has not since the thread was posted

do you keep records of who is eliminated and who is through each round? Far too lazy to see who has progressed and who has not since the thread was posted
Yes I have made a spreadsheet, will post it tonight after round is complete

We lost a few brave souls in round 1. Thanks for playing.
Well done to the three immunity gatherers - indicated with an asterisk next to your name. Though we congratulate samFFC through gritted teeth.
Survivors you know the drill - you can't pick your round 1 team again.
I'll post round 2 favourites soon.

I have zero faith that Freo will beat Norf. I mean I don’t think we’ll lose, but I don’t have the confidence to pick us.

So Sydney again please.
You can pick any team except Sydney as you already chose them round 1 :)

Round 2 favourites

Geelong
Brisbane
Collingwood
Richmond
Western Bulldogs
Fremantle
Sydney
Essendon
GWS

Longest priced roughie - Hawthorn

So to be clear - all picks are to be in by bouncedown of the Geelong-Carlton game, if you don't get your pick in you're allocated Hawthorn for round 2.
And you can't pick a team already listed next to your name on the spreadsheet

Remove this Banner Ad

Competitions The Tontine Challenge back for 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back