The Top 2 Draftees Are Settled..........

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see nobody is mentioning Hurley, we will have him thanks!!

No mention of Port Power here as well, they are a lock for bottom four now, I have not seen too many of their games, they obviously need another ruckman but what would they draft? any thoughts?

We're in a shit position. We need a key forward or a ruckman. Watts and Naitanui will both be gone before we get a pick, and then Rich, Hartlett Hurley and Yarran would probably be the next best four players. None of those are what we need, so we have found ourselves in a position where we can't get the two players we need but despite probably getting the 4th pick in this draft we will be more likely to draft a player who probably would've slipped to about pick 7 or 8.

Have to agree with this. Cox will be 28 in Naitanui's debut year.

The Eagles have always had a promising understudy in the ruck.

Eagles fans should be happy to get him. Everyone can see Nats faults in his kicking. He's not the best reader of the play either. BUT he still manages to dominate hitouts, often resulting in clearances at centre bounces due to his leap. He is still managing to get mid teens in disposals. Which, for a ruckman, is very very good.

Rich is a nuggety player with an awesome kick. Not blessed with pace or height, he's got everything else. But the general public seem to overlook the pace and height factor determining he's a 'safer' bet than Nat. I'm not so sure.

You've been quoting this crap all season.

The only reason you say that is you rate Rich much higher than NikNat,
and you want Rich for Freo, could you be anymore transparent.

Look at Rich's game on the weekend for subi they would of lost it without him, he is ready made AFL player of star quality.

We will have Seaby, Sullivan as back ups.

You've been quoting this crap all season.

The only reason you say that is you rate Rich much higher than NikNat,
and you want Rich for Freo, could you be anymore transparent.

Look at Rich's game on the weekend for subi they would of lost it without him, he is ready made AFL player of star quality.

We will have Seaby, Sullivan as back ups.

I'd take Ziebell before Rich, i rate them basically on par. If Ziebell has a better draft camp he'll be ahead in my opinion. But i honestly think WCE will pic NicNat ahead of Rich. Its just an opinion. If you don't like it, try and stop the bottom lip quivering.

Anyone who says the Top 2 are settled with Watts and NickNat obviously didnt see the Subiaco game on the weekend.

If Smith didnt kick a lazy 9 odd, Rich would of been BOG easily. Outstanding game.

You obviously know more than the Geelong and Adelaide Head Recruiters.:rolleyes:

We'd be mad not to pick up Watts should he be available.

IMO Rich will be picked up by WCE but we'll end up with the no.1 pick and take Watts. If we can secure Warnock from Freo in trade week or tee up a deal with his management to take him at #1 in the PSD there is no chance in hell we'll take Naita.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO, the top 4 picks are now settled.

Melbourne - Jack Watts
West Coast - Daniel Rich
Fremantle - Nick Naitanui
Port - Hamish Hartlett

The next few - Hurley, Ziebell, Yarran, Sidebottom and Vickery could go anywhere.

Melbourne - Jack Watts
West Coast - Nick Naitanui
Fremantle - Daniel Rich
Port - Hurley

No matter who finishes bottom 2, the top 2 draftees will be Watts and Natinui.

So why do people still suggest that WC will take Rich and Nat could slide down to pick 6-7 etc etc.

Head recruiters from a few clubs have already stated that these 2 boys are clearly top 2, after that you could place a blanket over about 6 guys for the next spots.

WRONG..........
Rich remains the No 1 draft pick, will have instant impact into any midfield he goes, his ratio of hurt factor disposals is FAR greater then ANY draftee in recent years, as talented and highly promising as Watts and Natanui are it will be a brave club that sits back and watches Rich create goal after goal for three years while waiting for Watts to develop physically and Natanui to develop smarts.
Subiaco's management of Rich at the end of last year and this year has been very self indulgent, certain people with short mans syndrome and an " i told you so attitude " didn't leave the boy with a lot of challenges this year, has looked at times to be going through the motions in what is a wasted year for him and went from playing in one of the strongest WA state 18s sides to one of the weakest, that would have made it hard to recreate a genuine enthusiasm. Has had three 95% effective disposal games this year (averages around 85%) and they are not seagull possessions and they are not "just disposals" they are punishing and in many cases they are against AFL listed players, Is an outstanding contested ball winner and has an uncanny abillity to create turnovers will go No1 to any club that does its job.

Eagles need ruckmen more. Cox isn't going to be around forever and neither Seaby or Grayham are up to it as a second string ruckman. If they don't get a ruckman now they are going to be in massive trouble in this department in a few years time.
Seaby is no superstar.

But he's one of the better second-string ruckmen around.

Lynch has also pinch-hit in the ruck with some success.

We have a young guy on our rookie list called Will Sullivan. He's highly-rated.

Our need for ruckmen is not as great as our need for midfielders, nor is it as pressing.

We may still go for Nat, but we need blue-chip mids more.

Did anyone see the goal Nait ran in while being tackled during the Vic Metro match?

They had him triple teamed most of the game.

To say he is not going to be 1 or 2 is just plain wrong.

Are you talking about that goal against Vic Metro?

He wasn't being triple teamed, i don't know what game you were watching. He was playing 1 on 1 at FF when he kicked that goal.

If it's the goal i'm thinking of, he was resting at FF playing on Hurley and he did some really good work to out position Hurley and then almost got run down as he ran towards goal because of what appeared to be a lack of awareness. He still kicked the goal and it was some good play, but it was almost un-done by the tackler chasing him down

I'm with Megladon, this year Naitanui and Rich are proving as difficult for me to split as Cotchin and Kreuzer were last year.

Current Odds are...

Watts $2
Rich $3
NICNAT $4

Sportsbet odds for pick 1

Sportingbet has shortened Watts in from over $2 into $1.70, obviously they think that melbourne will take Watts if they finish last and they've almost got last place sewn up. (They shortened Melbourne into a $1.42 fav for the spoon, WC has drifted after winning from $1.80 fav to $2.60).

Rich has also shortened from $3.75 to $3.25 and Naitanui has floated from about $3.00 to $4.25, which leads you to think means they think WC is favouring Rich over Naitanui

Watts $1.70
Rich $3.25
Naitanui $4.25

Melbourne sound like they'll take Watts, West Coast sound like they'll take Rich regardless of where they pick, and Fremantle would seem dependent of whether or not they'll trade Warnock.

If Warnock goes then Nat would seem like a shoe in, if now then he could slide, a while.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Top 2 Draftees Are Settled..........

Remove this Banner Ad

Back