The Upper Murray Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went and watched the first lot of finals on the weekend, and i can confidently say that bullioh and federals don't have a thing to worry about from what i saw, in fact i think they may aswell play for the big one this week it would save a lot of time and effort for them, yeah cudgewa may of won but how had was it going to be to beat a team of lardarses that can hardly jog let a lone run, sorry guys but give up now you've got no chance getting any silverware:(

i too went and watched on the weekend and was quite impressed with what i saw....i was however 6 cans in by 1/4 time of the 2's and in fine form on the bountry line....but i liked the cudgy outfit....looked impressive and came out to play when the challenge was thrown at them. Bullioh obviously deserve to goall the way but from what i have seen this season they will have a fight on their hands from the boys on blue and the federal f*ckers that would give me 5!!!!!

Listen here young Benny, finals are completely different and Bullioh are yet to prove themselves in finals football as evidenced by the choker tag that they wear around their necks. Cudgewa were impressive on the weekend, when they were challenged, they responded like good teams do and seeing as it is finals it doesnt matter whether you win by 1 point or 100 points as long as the job gets done. Lets remember that Corryong were playing some pretty good footy running into the finals and are no push overs. And yes Slug i was also most unimpressed with the treatment you received on the boundary line. The Federal boys were most unfestive.

Geeze you blokes are full of shit. You blokes should come out to Bullioh on Saturday and make sure to bring a pad and pen with you cause you better do your homework:thumbsdown:

hey chokey4 the joke :eek: i'm surpised that you can type let alone write!!!! if i was going to come and watch bullioh play this weekend where would i go??? that's right just turn left at the sixth hole and walk a mile to your change rooms.oh sorry that should be gas chambers.the try and get changed in a room the size of tallangatta's phone booth. if you guys get the chance to hold the gf this it would be great for cudgy 2's to kick arse and watch you sorry dumb arse inbreed two headed chokers cry until next season.:D

also you bullioh guys it you must be proud of your coach winning the league b & f by getting easy kicks every week and giving away 50's week in , week out. He really leads by example.:(

this is my last time i will write on this thread. it has turned into a joke with people starting to talk crap and not footy. the only reason this thread lasted this long was cause cudgy players wrote on it and could only write bout cudgy games. if blokes from other teams had voiced there opinions during the season we could have talked bout other games instead of just talking cudgy up all year. good luck to the doggies this weekend, hope use flog the arse of tumba (the dregs of the league) and we can face u grand final day in both grades. uncle lordy im after u. and for every one else enjoy bitching between each other till one of us lose. GOODBYE ALL.:thumbsdown: the death of superwog

I agree S/W:thumbsu: What about the league B and F? Everyone's opinions:confused:

a bit shocked that nev nugent and nichols tied.i wouldn't call them the best and fairest players in the upper murray.nichols seem to get alot of kicks at the back of pack and rebounds across half back..so he's always in the umpires eye..with the nev i didn't think he set the league on fire..maybe his name got him votes??? mouse from cudgy was killing them early but fell of the pace ..i think if him and greg wheeler put a solid season in they maybe up there??? the unluckiest player would have to be theo herring.played on all the big names and took them apart most weeks.i think the biggest problem is that to many players play well one week then drop off the next...

who do think tc,bring back 80's and any one else?????

Not in a position to say being that i only saw the 1 game for the year in the UM, however could understand why both nicholas and nugent would of polled well, both known players up there and know how to play.

Do Feds have the cattle to win 2 flags in a row??????

Not in a position to say being that i only saw the 1 game for the year in the UM, however could understand why both nicholas and nugent would of polled well, both known players up there and know how to play.

Do Feds have the cattle to win 2 flags in a row??????

Yeah theres plenty of cattle in the upper Murray Silver.

a bit shocked that nev nugent and nichols tied.i wouldn't call them the best and fairest players in the upper murray.nichols seem to get alot of kicks at the back of pack and rebounds across half back..so he's always in the umpires eye..with the nev i didn't think he set the league on fire..maybe his name got him votes??? mouse from cudgy was killing them early but fell of the pace ..i think if him and greg wheeler put a solid season in they maybe up there??? the unluckiest player would have to be theo herring.played on all the big names and took them apart most weeks.i think the biggest problem is that to many players play well one week then drop off the next...

who do think tc,bring back 80's and any one else?????

You might be right reggie, with the winners polling 13 votes to win, the votes were spread out across the board. I do have a feeling the umpires may have got the Nichols boys mixed up at times, with Billy being named his teams best, most games he played. He did miss a couple through injury.
If you want a conspiracy, check out the Tallangatta thread. They reckon the voting cards for the Barton were changed half way through the season and the umpires were giving the third best player, top votes.

With regards to your question about the seconds B&F. i don't think they should award it untill they fix the comp. Teams go weeks at a time with out playing an official game. It is the luck of the draw wether you play a team or they forfeit. Club umpires award the votes and if you play away there might be two umps from the home side. They sometimes have enough trouble controlling the game, without trying to remember who played well. Let alone best and fairest.

P.S bring back Super wog.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hey chokey4 the joke :eek: i'm surpised that you can type let alone write!!!! if i was going to come and watch bullioh play this weekend where would i go??? that's right just turn left at the sixth hole and walk a mile to your change rooms.oh sorry that should be gas chambers.the try and get changed in a room the size of tallangatta's phone booth. if you guys get the chance to hold the gf this it would be great for cudgy 2's to kick arse and watch you sorry dumb arse inbreed two headed chokers cry until next season.:D

also you bullioh guys it you must be proud of your coach winning the league b & f by getting easy kicks every week and giving away 50's week in , week out. He really leads by example.:(

Bullioh know their club rooms are not up to scratch and are working to rectify the problem. At least the home team shares the problem with the visitors unlike other clubs, that have good home rooms on one side of the ground and put the visitors in shit rooms on the other.
I don't know were the choker tag comes from. A team that is favourite or has dominated the comp. but then falls at the final hurdle is a chocker.
Bullioh have been beaten by teams in the finals that have beaten them more times during the season, so have not gone into these games as favourites, so the out come was what would be expected. The only exception, was last year when beaten by Cudgy at Bullioh.
But if you feel good about yourself denigating people, over the web go for it. :D

I have heard that the standard of the UMFL is really starting to drop to new lows.

I play in the lowest grade of the VAFA in Melbs and have been told my team (finished 5th) would beat the top UMFL sides comfortably.

To answer my question compare the current standard to what it was like in 2002. Better, worse, same etc.

But if you feel good about yourself denigating people, over the web go for it. :D

sorry there bbt 80's i got out of control.i do realise that footy clubs do have there fair share of idoits.but more important is the people who do all the hard yards behind the scenes.they don't get enough credit and the idiots stand out ..it happens at most sporting clubs.best of luck this weekend bbt 80's and maybe we might see each other in 2 weeks????:D:D

Wot a tool!!! We've only been back in the league for 6 years yet you expect the Taj Mahal every year we improve our facilities while your club and others in the league have made no effort in the last 20:rolleyes: Our rooms may be cramped but at least its fair for both sides. We play at Cudgy and have to get changed in a barn!!! Look after your own backyard before you get into us:mad::mad::mad: P.S. Come out and have a look at the chokers take their next step toward September glory tomorrow and reveal yourself!!!

i see bulioh 2's won beat tumba by only 11 points..that's pretty close.just as usual tumba have a full strength side at finals time.can cudgy win next week that's the big question??? just wondering when was the last time bullioh 2's won a flag??? maybe that's the choking part that's been thrown around on this thread??? We will see in 2 weeks if they get one!!!! hey chucky4 are you a player in the one's or two's ??? :confused:

i see bulioh 2's won beat tumba by only 11 points..that's pretty close.just as usual tumba have a full strength side at finals time.can cudgy win next week that's the big question??? just wondering when was the last time bullioh 2's won a flag??? maybe that's the choking part that's been thrown around on this thread??? We will see in 2 weeks if they get one!!!! hey chucky4 are you a player in the one's or two's ??? :confused:

If they don't win this year, they can be called chockers and will have to put up with it, They have a good side this year. A lot more even across the field. Maybe experience will count against them, in the big one. This will be the first one they have played in.

sorry there bbt 80's i got out of control.i do realise that footy clubs do have there fair share of idoits.but more important is the people who do all the hard yards behind the scenes.they don't get enough credit and the idiots stand out ..it happens at most sporting clubs.best of luck this weekend bbt 80's and maybe we might see each other in 2 weeks????:D:D

I know how you feel. I sometimes wait a few days before writting.
This thread used to be about the footy, with a bit of humour thrown in.
Lately it has got a bit personnel.

Bring back the humour.

Wot a tool!!! We've only been back in the league for 6 years yet you expect the Taj Mahal every year we improve our facilities while your club and others in the league have made no effort in the last 20:rolleyes: Our rooms may be cramped but at least its fair for both sides. We play at Cudgy and have to get changed in a barn!!! Look after your own backyard before you get into us:mad::mad::mad: P.S. Come out and have a look at the chokers take their next step toward September glory tomorrow and reveal yourself!!!

As usual chucky, we noticed from the sidelines that the only reason you's won on the weekend was because you CHUCKY, were given soft free kicks and 50m penalties that resulted in easy goals.

If they don't win this year, they can be called chockers and will have to put up with it, They have a good side this year. A lot more even across the field. Maybe experience will count against them, in the big one. This will be the first one they have played in.

hey bbt80's heard a few rumors from the weekends game...some bullioh players maybe leaving the kennel net season due missing out on finals??? i did hear that the guys who missed out have been at the club for a few years and do alot around the club??? do you know anything about!!!!! so who's going to take the rains next season in the 2's??? also if the upper murray 2's fold who will be the big winner in attracting players????

If you want a conspiracy, check out the Tallangatta thread. They reckon the voting cards for the Barton were changed half way through the season and the umpires were giving the third best player, top votes.

With regards to your question about the seconds B&F. i don't think they should award it untill they fix the comp. Teams go weeks at a time with out playing an official game. It is the luck of the draw wether you play a team or they forfeit. Club umpires award the votes and if you play away there might be two umps from the home side. They sometimes have enough trouble controlling the game, without trying to remember who played well. Let alone best and fairest.

P.S bring back Super wog.:thumbsu:

hey bbt80's the comp is suffering and it's time for all teams to have a 2's side.club umpires do a fair job for some clubs but others try to get involved in the game and control it for a better result to suit there team.alot of the time players get votes for having a great last quarter because that's all they can remember.i think you will be surpised who wins the clubs b&f and how many votes they get????

I did tdfl thread and the barton medal part..maybe umpires know which platers are polling well and don't give them a vote or 3 for a great game to make it closer???? but for nelson to win it must have been hard to tell apart when under a pack???

but as for the love on this thread where as it go????

As usual chucky, we noticed from the sidelines that the only reason you's won on the weekend was because you CHUCKY, were given soft free kicks and 50m penalties that resulted in easy goals.
only reason we won was because of free kicks and 50m penalties?? you must be talking about the 1st final (cudgewa vs federal)...the reason us doggies got up in both grades on saturday was because we are a class above any side in the upper murray and maybe even the tallangatta league!! we are all super fit,disciplined,hard working athletes..there is no way any side is going to be able to get near us grand final day..:thumbsu: my tips for this wkends games are federal by 73points in the seniors and tumba by 82 points in the reserves(thats if they only have 16 turn up) if they bring a full side it will be a 100+ massacre.

Chucky, i hope you are joking unless you are talking about Tallangatta! You are probably right there. As for your predictions on Saturday, Cudgy to lose (i think not!) Federals looked old and slow at the weekend in a bruising encounter and the Blues have the benefit of a week off to freshen up. As for your 2's game if Tumba had any semblance of skill they would have defeated you easily. The amount of shots at goal they missed were farcical, however it was good to see you boys win as i see their up to their old tricks of stacking their team with senior players. John Cameron is in their best 5 senior players but was out running around in their 2's side:mad: He played the maximum senior games (7) before being ineligible for 2's finals after playing the last round in the reserves and sitting out the senior game. No wonder they are a joke they seriously need to look at where their priorities lie as they have no respect in the league and wouldn't be missed if they folded. At least it would save a long drive up to "Siberia".:thumbsdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back