the VENT thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
kevin sheedy will beat me

i was watching the game going ok cool, our ablett captains will cancel out...log in to check scores after the game....and the crafty bugger made pavlich captain....

And then i look at stevie j's score - he played terribly, deserved what he got - but i clinch my fist, look up to the skies and take an oath, steve johnson, you will never play in my supercoach team any other year !!
my stevie j gets 4
and his hurn gets 172 !!!

I mean seriously !! Game set and freaking match sheedy !!

I thought it couldnt get any worse with Johnson after last week, I was wrong and then throw Taylor Walker into the equation it makes it even funnier. I'll be lucky if my forwards can combine for 300 points this week. I thought a few weeks back i could put Walker in cotton wool for the rest of the year, how could i possibly assume id be safer with a donut. Wow wee.

Finally caught a break, in that after my raft of zero's, my opponent (who is overseas ATM) must've not gotten to a computer in time, and had Chappy as (C), Lenny Hayes as (VC). So essentially was one less zero down, then Ablett scores pretty poorly, and SJ completely cancels out my little mini-win in his right. Somehow I'm still a slight chance in my match, but now I hear ROK is looking very unlikely.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown: And my opponent's player, Jolly, looking very likely.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

My situation...

(Me): Newman, Cheney, ROK + 120pts

vs

(Him): Hill, Rance, McMahon, Chornes, Jolly & Rance.

Any chance at all??

Kevin Sheedy will beat me

I was watching the game going ok cool, our ablett captains will cancel out...log in to check scores after the game....and the crafty bugger made pavlich captain....

And then i look at Stevie J's score - he played terribly, deserved what he got - but i clinch my fist, look up to the skies and take an oath, steve johnson, you will never play in my supercoach team any other year !!

Always pays to read what he writes in the HUN. This was in Friday's paper.

SHEEDY’S LAST WORD
I have no trades left, and Goddard and Grimes out is going to kill me. I’m at least one man down and will have to make do with Davis or Pavlich as captain.

http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/afl/supercoach/index.php/heraldsun/comments/late_mail_round_19/

**** It. :mad:

Been the best side in my league all year and ranked top 1000. :thumbsu:

Get smashed by injuries this week and the dud side im playing does not have half the stars that are missing. :thumbsdown:

Then they go and put Goodes captain. :eek:

Thank **** for the double chance. :rolleyes:

Bet there are a few that have faced the similar situation this week !! :confused:

Here is an example of whats wrong with SC:

On the weekend Lids scored 116. ROK scored 99.

Anyone watching the game would have said Lids was a non-factor while ROK was a big reason why the Swans won.

The nerds at Champion Data make this shit up and dont have a clue.

Dear Jade the Splade (yes you, you flickin spoonhead)

This was not a good week for most SC players. Like many I suffered from the ommissions of Roo, Fisher and Goddard. It hurt a bit more because Balla had gotten his dumbass suspended for having no neck and a bad attitude but I was OK.

I was subsequently kicked in the balls when Sewell was omitted but there was genuine reason for it I am sure.

With disgraceful performances from Lockyer, Davey, Davis, Fang (aka Buddy), Pav, HMac and my special little guy Gazza (also captain) I was down for the count.

Taylor Walker sunk the slipper fair up my rectum. According to SC stats Adelaide would have performed better had he cut his head off whilst running through the banner and they fielded 21 players.

But I can survive all these. Sh1t happens in football and all of the above whilst undesirable from an SC perspective, happen for a reason.

So.....what the flick is wrong with you? Are your parents cousins? You have a team that is insipid; lacking hardness, skills and a team spirit. So why the flick are you not prepared to give Mr S Tuck a game. The competition leader in HBGs (well he was) and prepared to show some spirit, he sits idly by watching the game while your team dishes up that sh1t!

You are no coach. You are not a coaches azzhole. I will get a senior coaching job before you. Enoy your last 3 weeks at the helm and prepare for life as an assistant and please watch closely as you just might learn how to flickin coach.

Yours sincerely,

Clunk

PS...I hope Laidley gets the job there as he doen't seem to put up with sh1t.

(that feels better)

Get smashed by injuries this week and the dud side im playing does not have half the stars that are missing. :thumbsdown:

Bet there are a few that have faced the similar situation this week !! :confused:

I hear you loud and clear mate.

Ranked 80th, undefeated all year. Averaging 2300+. Lose - Chappy, Roo, Fisher, Goddard, Grimes and Gilbert doesnt come back. The late changes sees Nicky Dell missing. Mixed with Stevie J scoring 4. Only score 1802 and get smashed by a whopping 6 points. Double chance thank you.

Lol yep.

I'm ranked 29th and am in a league with mates that all suck at SC (I think the next best is ranked around 50,000th), so I obviously finished top and undeafeted.

But, then I lost Goddard, Fisher, Ellis, Sewell, Rooey, Chappy, Rusty and Balla all in the one week, not to mention I still had Gilbert and Higgins who were out the week before aswell. I scored 1763 and lost so I now have to play this week against a team that shouldn't have any donuts while I'll have 2 minimum, so he could beat me.:thumbsdown:

Although I only care about overall so I'm not too pissed.:p

I've gone and done the stupidest f***ing thing I've done all year in SC, in the most important game. Heard Montagna was doubtful, had only playing emergencies in my midfield, so in case I got more than 1 mid injury, I put BOTH Muston & Anthony as emergencies. Thuoght Muston would score well for some reason.

Now if Montagna or someone else from my mids is a late withdrawal, i'm stuck with Muston's shithouse 41 instead of Anthony's 119.:(

The ultimate indictment of this stupid fecking scoring system we're all stuck with.

How does Goodes score less points than Harry Taylor in tonights game? How is that possible? Harry wasn't bad. In fact he did an admirable job. But Goodes was sensational. 117 DT points off CHF. Every possy contested. Kicked miraculous goals. He nearly won the game for his team. WTF?

And how does Shannon Hurn consistently rack up SC tons from DT 60s? I've seen him play. He is no match winner. Sure, he can kick a long way. Might get a game in the NFL one day. But so what?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The ultimate indictment of this stupid fecking scoring system we're all stuck with.

How does Goodes score less points than Harry Taylor in tonights game? How is that possible? Harry wasn't bad. In fact he did an admirable job. But Goodes was sensational. 117 DT points off CHF. Every possy contested. Kicked miraculous goals. He nearly won the game for his team. WTF?

And how does Shannon Hurn consistently rack up SC tons from DT 60s? I've seen him play. He is no match winner. Sure, he can kick a long way. Might get a game in the NFL one day. But so what?

When all know the problems with the system but I think you are getting a little carried away here with Goodes.

Goodes played well but l would not say he was sensational. His last qtr saved his score. 15 of his 21 possies were uncontested. 2 clangers did not help him. Marks he took on the lead when he was 1-2 metres in front and no body contact with opponent would have been classified as uncontested.

Still, a great SC player who l wish l had in my team :thumbsu:.

Long effective kicks are worth so much more than short dicky kicks. Plus he gets handball recieves and can also butter and get his own hard ball. Very pleased I have him in 09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back