The "We must get Tom Lynch at all costs...or maybe not" Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously it’s a lot of fun over there and I haven’t even been yelled at yet.

Despite the morons like HumanMashball it’s still a very good time. Kudos to their mods, we’d be shot on site on the Carlton board.
F84E6320-4C39-47C5-87E4-C70684C200E7.gif

So just wondering if we miss out on Lynch, and or perhaps it's a better option anyway.. it's reported that Lych is going to be around that 1.2M mark. " I think it's overs '".. are we better off given that Pendles is now 31+ making a play for Gaff at say 900 - 1M. and using the left over funds plus a little more for DAY. this then gives us a midfield / HFF line of resting mids consisting of .

Gaff
Pendles
Treloar
Adams
Sidebottom
Dagoey
Stephenson

Oh for what it's worth, Eddie basically confirmed the fence jumping story on Triple M this morning. Wil Anderson was giving him shit about whether or not we'd signed Lynch, etc. and whether he'd spoken to Ned Guy.

He asked why Ned jumped the fence and he said "because David Zita was outside waiting for him" which is telling IMO. Every time Channel 9 come up with a Collingwood story I can't help but feel Ed has leaked it to them.

Last edited:
Tigers fans are certain their maximum bid is 800k and ours is 1.25 million. There's no way we're offering that. That'd be more than what Pendles is on for a start.

You just know if we get him it'll be all about that extra 450k that we supposedly offered.

I hope if he comes we make it clear in the media that he's on less than being reported. It'd help ease the pressure on him.

Tigers fans are certain their maximum bid is 800k and ours is 1.25 million. There's no way we're offering that. That'd be more than what Pendles is on for a start.

You just know if we get him it'll be all about that extra 450k that we supposedly offered.

I hope if he comes we make it clear in the media that he's on less than being reported. It'd help ease the pressure on him.
They’re already preparing themselves for the fact they have missed out.

They’re already preparing themselves for the fact they have missed out.
Exactly.

If they get him they're all happy and gloaty. They can run around these boards saying how shit hot they are and got him for less, all because they are just so awesome!

If we get him, they will pollute these boards will salty made up crap that the Pies got out the cheque book and paid way overs, that we rorted the cap, that we gave his girlfriend a job, Eddie's influence etc etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It does seem odd that a random poster on a football forum knows all about the “smokescreen” yet after two meetings in a fortnight the parties involved in the discussions aren’t clued in. I might put it to the side and await Maggie to come in and tell me off ala Beeg’s “mail” CFC2010 :rolleyes:

Oh and Morganashlee your exchange with the flog that was positively insistent Guy showed up unannounced was gold :thumbsu:
I don’t think I’ve ever been more amused by something so stupid. He was so adamant that Ned Guy just popped in on the off chance Tom and his manager were there lol

Ok, so I ran into D King this morning and asked him a direct question, where is Lynch going, his respond was “the Tigers have got him but gee the Pies are going hard now, Eddie will be pissed off if the team don’t get him” then laughs. Probably tells me he is really guessing maybe?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ok, so I ran into D King this morning and asked him a direct question, where is Lynch going, his respond was “the Tigers have got him but gee the Pies are going hard now, Eddie will be pissed off if the team don’t get him” then laughs. Probably tells me he is really guessing maybe?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He has links to Tiges through his time their as an assistant, the last time Richmond (as a club and media) was this confident on landing a player was Treloar.

He was the only one I heard say, (about a week before it happened) Sloane was staying.
Just out of interest did he know who you barrack for?

Is that the D King that said Carlton was closer to a premiership than the Pies?

David King thought Carlton were closer to a flag than us. That was in April. His opinion means nothing

It does seem odd that a random poster on a football forum knows all about the “smokescreen” yet after two meetings in a fortnight the parties involved in the discussions aren’t clued in. I might put it to the side and await Maggie to come in and tell me off ala Beeg’s “mail” CFC2010 :rolleyes:

Oh and Morganashlee your exchange with the flog that was positively insistent Guy showed up unannounced was gold :thumbsu:
If you are going to refer to me at least tag me properly so I don't miss it.:D

I really don't care whether we get him or not (much rather go for a defender as kicking goals is not as big a need IMO) , and I do like reading the 'inside news' on him, think it is funny.

David King thought Carlton were closer to a flag than us. That was in April. His opinion means nothing
While David King might say he is going to Richmond, someone else at, say Collingwood, might say "As far as we know, Lynch still hasn't made a decision and is yet to commit to any club" and it would be just as plausible as King

Edit: My own take is: If it is as done and dusted as King says it is, why is Lynch still meeting with us. It doesn't make sense?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back