The "We must get Tom Lynch at all costs...or maybe not" Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
...join a club your sister was signed up to earlier this year...play with a couple of old mates from GCS...
Has it even been confirmed that Caddy or Prestia are his mates? There are plenty of people at my football club that I have nothing to do with whatsoever. I know it's probably a bit different in the full-time, professional environment, but I've got no doubt AFL clubs are full of a broad range of personalities also.

So the odds say that Richmond will get their man?
If so, any chance that we could refrain from calling our club's management inept because we didn't get his signature?
Dreading the moment the first poster has a crack because there will be bloodshed. :p

Hi there Tigers alt account. The Richmond VFLW side is not the Richmond AFLW side. Just an FYI.

Firstly you can f*** off with the "Tigers alt account" BS accusation and secondly the VFLW is still part of the Richmond Football Club just like our VFLW team is part of the Collingwood Football Club and the Lynch family would be invested in it.

Beat me to it batty.

Must say very disappointed in our management given Lynch family pies fans history and all to let another club sweep him off his feet.

Ah well we move on, yet to see a high profile recruit come in and win a flag anyway.
Usually it's the A graders but not quite elite that help lift the talent floor up without the big contract putting noses out.

If he's seriously this interested in Richmond, id rather not get him. Especially if its at a price that could cost us a player or two (De Goey etc) in the future

Firstly you can f*** off with the "Tigers alt account" BS accusation and secondly the VFLW is still part of the Richmond Football Club just like our VFLW team is part of the Collingwood Football Club and the Lynch family would be invested in it.
Hello again Tigers alt account. Kate can be drafted by any other AFLW club. What happens if she gets drafted by Collingwood in the National comp?

Shows a genuine lack of hunger, perhaps self doubt in leading a side when you want to join a side that doesnt actually need you.

Tom Lynch winning a flag with Richmond being second fiddle to Jack is waaaaaay more underwhelming than Tom Lynch winning a flag as Collingwoods main man up forward.

The choice of club geniunely shows what kind of person he is, either someone who wants to work harder and be the main man for us, or someone who wants to take the easy way out with Richmond.

They won't win next year.

They may get the double no chance at triple and they really aren't that far infront.
I doubt there main challengers get as bad onjury runs nxt year and I doubt they get such a decent run of inconsequential injurys for a 3rd season straight.

Be part of a possible three-peat. Go with the mob who you know to be good, rather than the mob who might be good at some point...

They may start the dreaded spiral down the ladder that inevatibly comes after a few GFs/Flags and being hunted for a few seasons.

Also they aren't that far infront to be talking 3 peats he'll they could well lose this year yet.

Be part of a possible three-peat. Go with the mob who you know to be good, rather than the mob who might be good at some point...
As much of a part if a 3peat as James Frawley is to Hawthorn, in other words, underwhelming, but it will show the kind of impact he wants to leave on the AFL.

They won't win next year.

They may get the double no chance at triple and they really aren't that far infront.
I doubt there main challengers get as bad onjury runs nxt year and I doubt they get such a decent run of inconsequential injurys for a 3rd season straight.
I won’t be writing them off, but injuries to other competive sides makes them look alot better. Every team in the top 8 can match Richmond, where as in 2010-2011 the lower teams in the 8 were pathetic compared to us. Geelong and Hawthorn the same in there dynasties.

I think GWS might hit a purple patch, however they have had two failed finals appearances despite being a favorite for the flag each year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much of a part if a 3peat as James Frawley is to Hawthorn, in other words, underwhelming, but it will show the kind of impact he wants to leave on the AFL.

And yet, still part of a three-peat, with a premiership medal to show for it that nobody can take away from him, no matter what the Internet thinks.

I just can't imagine why he might think this way...

Hello again Tigers alt account. Kate can be drafted by any other AFLW club. What happens if she gets drafted by Collingwood in the National comp?

Mate kudos to you, that Tigers alt account crack got right under my skin and I'm tempted to go into a riled up rant because I loath Richmond supporters above all others and that includes Carlton and Hawthorn but I'm just going to "serenity now" that shit for the time being.
All I was doing was putting forward a couple of logical reasons outside of money and team success as to why Lynch might be considering Richmond. Don't think his sister is AFLW standard but it wouldn't be the dumbest move to draft her if that got the family focus back on CFC

My point is not about where Tom Lynch might end up (personally i'm quite agnostic as to whether we get him or not). Mark Evans squawking and complaining is a joke. The expansion (ahem.. .artificial clubs) have been granted all sorts of advantages, subsidies and draft concessions by the AFL. If the Gold Coast have been unable to make themselves a club players want to go to or stay at that's their problem. Lynch has been there 8 years - fair service to a dud club.

The Suns didn't murmur when they accepted the AFL's handouts and benefits - stop grizzling when Lynch decides to exercise his rights under a rule the AFL set up.

PS - fix your culture per the below:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...e/news-story/51496c9832adfacf7628a3d42315afdc

Sorry who is Scout?

And who cares what even a good source Internet source says?

Unless it’s Tom Lynch telling you every body is guessing.

They may start the dreaded spiral down the ladder that inevatibly comes after a few GFs/Flags and being hunted for a few seasons.

Also they aren't that far infront to be talking 3 peats he'll they could well lose this year yet.

Or they may stay top dogs on the block. I remember all the talk was around here last year was that they were the worst premiers in the whole history of history and would be found out in 2018. Since then, they are a better outfit.

They're not going away for the forseeable future. Having said that, somebody please knock them off soon, for the good of the game...

Beat me to it batty.

Must say very disappointed in our management given Lynch family pies fans history and all to let another club sweep him off his feet.

Ah well we move on, yet to see a high profile recruit come in and win a flag anyway.
Usually it's the A graders but not quite elite that help lift the talent floor up without the big contract putting noses out.

If the family being Pies fans was such a big factor, Collingwood coming in a year or two later than Richmond would be irrelevant. We'd shoot to the top of his list and then it would be up to others to knock us off.

As it stands (if reports are true), playing for the club he and his family supported isn't number one on his list of priorities.

Management in terms of recruiting may not be the area we should target when the shit hits the fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back