The "We must get Tom Lynch at all costs...or maybe not" Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People only like accepting the news they want to hear.

I pray my guy is wrong.
Not to fussed to be honest i think our current forwards are looking very good together, Lynch would no doubt be nice inclusion for any team he is a star but not losing sleep on it.

I heard that he will go to the club that has the most BF pages (for Tom Lynch recruitment threads).
He is waiting until September to reward the winner.
We are running a long 2nd.
I would prefer if we chased Gaff and looked to secure a KPD. Our forward line is working amazingly well and with the quick ball movement and the unpredictability of who the final target will be, makes it hard for oposition teams to defend against. We keep getting mismatches playing out of the goal square which suits the modern game.

I would prefer if we chased Gaff and looked to secure a KPD. Our forward line is working amazingly well and with the quick ball movement and the unpredictability of who the final target will be, makes it hard for oposition teams to defend against. We keep getting mismatches playing out of the goal square which suits the modern game.
Gaff? Why? Our wingmen are performing great as they are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spoke to Hocking earlier:

"How we looking for Lynch?"
*long pause*
"we're in the mix.. I like the look of May though.." Subject then changed to our current list and players who have improved up forward, who was going out and how May would be perfect for a Dunn replacement. Felt to me like they already know, but I'm just some random and he probably cops it all the time. Liked hearing about May though

I'm not even sure he apologised, just merely regretted letting the interview on Footy Classified get to the point where the question could be asked.

I think the main thing is that Bucks is concerned that his comment - making it categorically certain that Lynch is meeting with one or more parties during the season - threatens Lynch's reputation as a current GCS captain.

Now, if Tommy unfollows Pendles off instagram, that's when we panic!
Is he following anyone at Richmond?

Last edited:
I heard that he will go to the club that has the most BF pages (for Tom Lynch recruitment threads).
He is waiting until September to reward the winner.
We are running a long 2nd.

The majority of their thread is about Trelol and fisting though.

lol they're in denial if they think everyone wants to stay at Richmond for less $$$$ because it makes them feel all warm and fuzzy and noble.
Have a look at the premiership winning teams of the last few years and you will understand that there will be players lost because you can't keep them all and players won't just sacrifice $$$$ because of this noble cause of "premierships".

Hawthorn- lost arguably one of the greatest every players in AFL history- Lance Franklin.

Collingwood- Sharrod Wellingham left Collingwood and was offered more money to go to WCE. Chris Dawes left to Melbourne on massive $$$$.Not even going to include Daisy Thomas or Dayne Beams or Heritier Lumumba or Heath Shaw.

Sydney- Tom Mitchell. Enough said.

WB- Joel Hamling- days fresh off a premiership. Left for Freo on a far more lucrative contract.

There will be fallout on the back of Lynch- it's natural because of the way the competition structure is designed.
Riewoldt taking a pay cut? Of what $100k?
Rance, Cotchin and Martin all taking pay cuts too?
Please, this is their livelihood.
Sure they may sacrifice $50-k100k a year each but they're not sacrificing $300k per year on their current deals to "play in premierships".
And all clubs have to balance the salary cap carefully

Spoke to Hocking earlier:

"How we looking for Lynch?"
*long pause*
"we're in the mix.. I like the look of May though.." Subject then changed to our current list and players who have improved up forward, who was going out and how May would be perfect for a Dunn replacement. Felt to me like they already know, but I'm just some random and he probably cops it all the time. Liked hearing about May though
Honestly this doesn't fill me with the same level of excitement it does for you. May doesn't seem like he's going anywhere while he's contracted, and the amount we would have to give up in terms of trade bait to pry him out while he's under contract would be sky-high.

And then waiting until next year to get him when he's uncontracted still leaves us in the position of having no fullback for the majority of the season.

Honestly this doesn't fill me with the same level of excitement it does for you. May doesn't seem like he's going anywhere while he's contracted, and the amount we would have to give up in terms of trade bait to pry him out while he's under contract would be sky-high.

And then waiting until next year to get him when he's uncontracted still leaves us in the position of having no fullback for the majority of the season.
I'd prefer May over getting neither of them. Don't think i mentioned excitement anywhere let alone much of it either?

My take on the May situation is that perhaps GC have told him to either commit long term or if not they trade him now. Just something about how he kept saying things like "If the club want to trade me..." It sounds like someone who is already considering moving on and wants it to look like it was out of his control.

Recently history shows that except for maybe the Aish trade, we generally come out looking pretty good with our trade deals despite us appearing to pay overs at first. Wouldn't surprise me if a deal for May is similar.

IMO, talk of May is inane.

For 2019 there is no way I’d be able to justify the trade cost. On the back of Lynch leaving you aren’t getting any change out of our 18 & 19 1st’s or one of those and Elliott/ Langdon. For 2020 as a FA it’s too far away for it to be a legitimate discussion. By then with a little luck McLarty might have 20+ games under his belt, Reid might be in the middle of a late career renosaince, we might find a fwd come trade time this year that allows Mihocek to go back and Moore might finally have settled.

The game changes enough in 8 weeks let alone 18 months so I just see discussion on May pointless from our perspective. Like Hocking I like May it’s nothing on him. I’m only taking the view that like Lever last year I don’t believe it’s the right list move for us and I believe there’s a lot of FOMO going on. There’s enough natural improvement available from guys on the list already like Daicos, Murphy, Appleby, Aish, Sier, McLarty and Brown for me to not be overly keen on targeting anyone this year aside from Lynch. Although I wouldn’t say no to Nev Jetta!

I appreciate you sharing BTW Kipz!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back