The "We must get Tom Lynch at all costs...or maybe not" Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol if he doesn't come here, no issues whatsoever.

We're building along just fine at the moment.

I've been on record saying my dream target is Josh Kelly end of next year.

With so many of our academy products available I'd love to trade our first rounder this year for a first round pick next year.
Arms us with 2 first rounders to pursue a Josh Kelly in a trade scenario.

If Bucks knew that Lynch was not coming to Collingwood (or very unlikely that he was coming), he would have indicated so.
He would say something along the lines “ He’s not in our immediate plans” “Our Forward set up is settled & working well” “Difficult to fit in with us focusing on re-signing our TOP young talent”.
So, I believe that Bucks still thinks we are a chance.
If Lynch Manager had indicated to Tigers...deal done...one would assume that Collingwood would most likely know.
Our list Manager would ask Lynch Manager to be open & honest, so we could move on to the next target & plan for Trade period in October.
I believe no firm decision as yet.
No announcement until after season finishes.
There will be a multitude of twists & turns to come...100% generated by the media (not from the Lynch camp or Clubs involved).
It’s officially a wankfest (am I allowed to say that?)

I'll also say that free agency is complete horsesh*t. Remember when they said it was about players on the fringe being able to change clubs for opportunity?

Lol.

It's about the best players getting to the biggest clubs and creating a 2-tier competition.

Reckon most AFL list managers would be the most informed you’d think. Gut feel getting stronger!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Or maybe list managers are sick of shit journos and want to make them look like a nuffie posting fake news :)
Didn’t even say who the list boss was in the article.

Reckon most AFL list managers would be the most informed you’d think. Gut feel getting stronger!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Unless Lynch hasn’t made a decision as yet...then they are ALL guessing.
A media dude rings you...asks your opinion...which is then translated into a fact.
If you ask people who will win the Premiership this year...most will answer Richmond...doesn’t mean they will.

Has anyone considered that fact that Lynch might have met Guy to tell him “thanks, but no thanks,” after the first meeting with Bucks? Hence maybe the suggestions today that he is Tigers bound?

If Bucks knew that Lynch was not coming to Collingwood (or very unlikely that he was coming), he would have indicated so.
He would say something along the lines “ He’s not in our immediate plans” “Our Forward set up is settled & working well” “Difficult to fit in with us focusing on re-signing our TOP young talent”.
So, I believe that Bucks still thinks we are a chance.
If Lynch Manager had indicated to Tigers...deal done...one would assume that Collingwood would most likely know.
Our list Manager would ask Lynch Manager to be open & honest, so we could move on to the next target & plan for Trade period in October.
I believe no firm decision as yet.
No announcement until after season finishes.
There will be a multitude of twists & turns to come...100% generated by the media (not from the Lynch camp or Clubs involved).
It’s officially a wankfest (am I allowed to say that?)
Think your right on the money TBH.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone considered that fact that Lynch might have met Guy to tell him “thanks, but no thanks,” after the first meeting with Bucks? Hence maybe the suggestions today that he is Tigers bound?
Why not just tell him over the phone. Why then worry about the media being present that day of the meeting? More twists and turns then the Monaco GP.

That's it, I'm bailing out of this until end of season, this Lynch going too ? ? ? Is just ******* with my head too much. Cmon Pies lets smash the Swannettes.

That’s a Telephone call...”we have decided to go in a different direction”.
I think Ned was going back with revised offer (years or $$) & needed to go thru in detail.
Still doesn’t mean he’s a Pie...just means we are still alive perhaps ??

It feels to me that he is going to be a Tiger.

For one all the media speculation and now club officials are saying that he will be at Richmond but also the club is actively talking up our interest and almost trying to convince him publically to join us. With Treloar we never did anything like this because the club knew they had him.

Hope I’m wrong and that this is a giant industry wide collaboration to punk Richmond Ashton Kutcher style but yeah

That’s a Telephone call...”we have decided to go in a different direction”.
I think Ned was going back with revised offer (years or $$) & needed to go thru in detail.
Still doesn’t mean he’s a Pie...just means we are still alive perhaps ??

What if Buckley made him 1 offer... Which was rejected.
Guy then went back out there to make a 2nd offer... Which was rejected.
Now, he tells GC he wants out and Richmond is destination.

Guy was there for an hour though. Long hour to tell Guy thanks but no thanks...

What if Buckley made him 1 offer... Which was rejected.
Guy then went back out there to make a 2nd offer... Which was rejected.
Now, he tells GC he wants out and Richmond is destination.
Yeah this scenario is plausible too. Look, any number of scenarios could play out here but one wonders where all this recent speculation pointing back to Richmond has come from? Surely 10 list managers aren’t all guessing one thing? Some valuable info must have slipped out and is doing the rounds in AFL circles. Just hard to know what to think but given that 10 AFL club officials all saying one thing, that’s pretty hard to overlook

On the other hand nobody knew about Buddy and Sydney until it happened. Everyone thought he would be at GWS. i still have some hope but confidence is dropping. Until at least the next article about how we are favourites

if I was Ned Guy I’d be pissed going all that way not to be given the red rose. Wish there was photos of Ned escaping to his car. Would’ve like to see his facial expressions to get a better understanding of how that meeting went.

83E31B37-77D1-4B12-BD90-CFA8DA5582A8.png

I can't put the kids' (or any) Christmas presents under the tree until late on Christmas Eve or early Christmas morning, because they would be (have been) opened...
Not sure what this has to do with the Tom Lynch saga, but maybe something... :think:

(Looking at you, "journalist")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back