Review The Week in Between - now we wait. Selection talk and other guff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Their mids did all the damage last game, i doubt we let that happen again

Other Coaches have shown how to setup against butters rozee jhf to stop them from running forward
Should be a cracker

They played with pressure last night that I’m a little worried about how we handle it

Nervous

Considering he lined up mostly as a HFF on the weekend as Lloyd and Gulden were the two wingers and Campbell will be in the 22 to take the Wing/HFF role. Mcinerney has to move somewhere

No he doesn’t- he plays wing. It’s that simple so what if someone misses out that’s called having a top side. Under no circumstances should we move around our best winger

After rewatching our QF, I have some anomalies that in the balance of probability may not happen again.

1. The actual bounce of the Sherrin just didn’t bounce the right way a lot, stopping our momentum

2. Our defence really leaked about 3-4 goals they shouldn’t have through dropsies and poor communication and poor setup (ie no one out the back, Roberts on 200cm blokes)

3. We barely got any I50 marks

4. Our clearances were better than I thought and same with our tackling

5. Harry C played an unbelievable match, right down to how he tackled ball and all to not give away frees

6. The umpiring frees in front of goal / frees not paid and marks not paid leading to goals is still a joke. Harry C said to the ump at the end of the quarter where was the high free, shaking his head.

7. How tough is Heeney - super man then breaks his nose then drifts forward then goals

8. We dropped it and fumbled it a lot and for no apparent reason or pressure

9. Team need to play in Bata black school boots, Campbell style. These fancy coloured boots lead to slipping over - so frustrating when at our home ground

10. Campbell had to be one of the most potent sub performances I have ever seen - epitomised the super sub.

On reflection, this and other reasons well covered previously are why I feel we have so much more improvement in us. At least 5-6 goals there just by fixing the basics.

Yours in speed, JHWF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not necessarily in every situation i don't think, depends what they can and can't do and if they can still help the team.. Cooper Cronk in the nrl grand final a few years ago vs Storm is an example.

On CET-AL00 using BigFooty.com mobile app

yeah ... but one of mcinerney's big strengths is his running, and if he can't run properly, for extended periods, as he normally does, we surely can't be ok with that

wonder if there'll be the annual "heeney's not worth the money" discussion
I swear last year that some were calling for HHK to get a run infront of Heeney and either dropping him or playing him off HB. There were also calls to trade Heeney whilst he still had currency!

There were definitely calls to play HHK in front of Willbur.

I watch most the VFL games and never saw the hype with Hugo.

I swear last year that some were calling for HHK to get a run infront of Heeney and either dropping him or playing him off HB. There were also calls to trade Heeney whilst he still had currency!

We have been so lucky that Wilbur never got injured because HHK has been the best medium forward we have had in the reserves for the past 3-4 years and he was never good enough

Jmac will play, period.

Watching the QF replay, he started moving better the longer he played. Throw in an additional 2 weeks of training and he’ll be > 90% fit for this Friday.

Coaches risked bringing him last week, purely to give him a run knowing that our chances of winning the flag are greater with him in the side. I expect a much improved performance against Port and, should we win, he should be in pretty good nick for the granny.

I was surprised we delisted HHK. He was a good runner and regularly kicking goals in the reserves.

I don't think he is a direct replacement for Heeney/Hayward because he was not a strong marking target. But I think he could have been a quick half forward flanker. Which is a role that is in vogue.

i think it was more than just last year ... imagine watching heeney in other colours

Every good story needs three acts.

GWS and Port are the first two.

That is why we must face Geelong in the GF.

People don’t make movies where you avoid your GF nemesis.

It will be the making of our club for the next decade to exorcise all our demons and to prove we can beat a powerhouse at the MCG.

Also, we should seek revenge and redemption for 22. This is why we must face Geelong. Do you think the John Wick franchise would survive if they didn’t kill his dog ?

The neutrals and maybe even umps could be on our side. No Melbourne team wants Geelong even tho they don’t like us either.

But to have our dynamic midfield running riot over the old men of Geelong is too delicious to contemplate.

As the shadows are cast in the late afternoon at the G, Blakey Chad and Gulden start to run riot.

Swing low, sweet chariot.

This is why we must face Geelong.

The big don’t eat the small, the quick eat the slow.

Fast players win premierships.

Every good story needs three acts.

GWS and Port are the first two.

That is why we must face Geelong in the GF.

People don’t make movies where you avoid your GF nemesis.

It will be the making of our club for the next decade to exorcise all our demons and to prove we can beat a powerhouse at the MCG.

Also, we should seek revenge and redemption for 22. This is why we must face Geelong. Do you think the John Wick franchise would survive if they didn’t kill his dog ?

The neutrals and maybe even umps could be on our side. No Melbourne team wants Geelong even tho they don’t like us either.

But to have our dynamic midfield running riot over the old men of Geelong is too delicious to contemplate.

As the shadows are cast in the late afternoon at the G, Blakey Chad and Gulden start to run riot.

Swing low, sweet chariot.

This is why we must face Geelong.

The big don’t eat the small, the quick eat the slow.

Fast players win premierships.
Gotta beat port first

Remove this Banner Ad

Review The Week in Between - now we wait. Selection talk and other guff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back