Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

16SEP24: Swans Daily Media New

One month ago, Sydney Swans coach John Longmire sat in the post-match press conference at Adelaide Oval struggling to articulate what had happened after a 112-point defeat to Port Adelaide.

Longmire had never experienced a defeat like it in his coaching career. But instead of immediately telling his players exactly what had gone so disastrously wrong, he decided to listen to them and gave them two days off.

Not sure my boss would be so considerate if I'd just created the biggest cockup of his career, but it worked for the Swans

One month ago, Sydney Swans coach John Longmire sat in the post-match press conference at Adelaide Oval struggling to articulate what had happened after a 112-point defeat to Port Adelaide.

Longmire had never experienced a defeat like it in his coaching career. But instead of immediately telling his players exactly what had gone so disastrously wrong, he decided to listen to them and gave them two days off.

Not sure my boss would be so considerate if I'd just created the biggest cockup of his career, but it worked for the Swans

I don't know , I have had a boss say take some time away if you were in need of a break

Article on who should replace Mills (Josh Gabelich)
For mine, Campbell starts Adams comes on as a sub.

It's a fair assessment of the options, without being illuminating. My favourite bit though is this:

Fox produced the best performance of his 103-game career in the 2022 Grand Final when he held Jeremy Cameron to two goals in the 81-point loss to Geelong while collecting 26 disposals to be arguably Sydney’s best player.

I'm not sure if I've ever heard a mainstream media person acknowledge how good Fox was in that game, especially not since 2022. The talk is (understandably) that we were pretty terrible and about Warner (who, for mine, was great in junk time, especially in the last quarter). But I'm a firm believer that Fox WAS our best player that day. I was already a fan but have rated him higher ever since.

It's a fair assessment of the options, without being illuminating. My favourite bit though is this:

Fox produced the best performance of his 103-game career in the 2022 Grand Final when he held Jeremy Cameron to two goals in the 81-point loss to Geelong while collecting 26 disposals to be arguably Sydney’s best player.

I'm not sure if I've ever heard a mainstream media person acknowledge how good Fox was in that game, especially not since 2022. The talk is (understandably) that we were pretty terrible and about Warner (who, for mine, was great in junk time, especially in the last quarter). But I'm a firm believer that Fox WAS our best player that day. I was already a fan but have rated him higher ever since.
100% spot on.

The only player close to Fox for us that day was Day Light.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SAM EDMUNDS - SEN web site :

Collingwood is not in the race to lure Jake Stringer out of Essendon – but Sydney is, according to Sam Edmund.

The Magpies had been linked with a play for the contracted Bomber, but they are reportedly not in the mix any longer.

Stringer, 30, has hit a contract trigger for 2025 at the Dons, however he wants greater security and a contract for 2026.

Edmund believes the Swans are a team that is indeed interested, though their focus remains on the 2024 season and their Preliminary final clash with Port Adelaide.

“He’s looking for a multi-year deal and that is ongoing. What I can tell you it’s not Collingwood and it won’t be Collingwood. Put a line through Stringer joining the Pies,” Edmund told SEN’s Whateley.

“The trigger for next year at Essendon, it’s a lot more than $400,000 – it’s not that offensive, but he wants the second year on that contract.

“As we sit here now, there’s a chance it could be Sydney. In fact, I’d have them as the most likely.

SAM EDMUNDS - SEN web site :

Collingwood is not in the race to lure Jake Stringer out of Essendon – but Sydney is, according to Sam Edmund.

The Magpies had been linked with a play for the contracted Bomber, but they are reportedly not in the mix any longer.

Stringer, 30, has hit a contract trigger for 2025 at the Dons, however he wants greater security and a contract for 2026.

Edmund believes the Swans are a team that is indeed interested, though their focus remains on the 2024 season and their Preliminary final clash with Port Adelaide.

“He’s looking for a multi-year deal and that is ongoing. What I can tell you it’s not Collingwood and it won’t be Collingwood. Put a line through Stringer joining the Pies,” Edmund told SEN’s Whateley.

“The trigger for next year at Essendon, it’s a lot more than $400,000 – it’s not that offensive, but he wants the second year on that contract.

“As we sit here now, there’s a chance it could be Sydney. In fact, I’d have them as the most likely.
Yet the AFL.com.au guys are still adamant it’s Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back