The Western Bulldogs Next Coach

Who do you want to be the next coach of the Western Bulldogs?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on what you've said, monty seems to have drifted out of the race? Or was it just that they didn't need to sound him out?
Nothings ever set with these things, but he's not the preferred candidate atm. A few ahead of him.

Obviously the top priority is to appoint a coach with the right CV
Who is no danger of offending anyone
I expect talk of embracing the grind to be replaced with the joy of passing time.

the marketing manager will be over the moon
The sponsors will be queuing on the phone
The membership hotline will burn. I have no doubt we will be targeting 45,000 by June 2015

Yes I can see the entire supporter base jumping out of their skin for Tudor and intoxicated beyond reason with Beveridge. It will be a summer of great expectations. All the circumstances leading to the loss of a captain and coach can be buried and forgotten.

Why its close to bliss to have such a wonderful excellent CV leading our club.

Its serenity - I can hear the crickets - can't you?
Beveridges can have that effect - but you knew that ;)

I don't know if a poll on Big Footy will solve this

I think Tudor and Beveridge are in this

As are Montgomery and Sumich

Elephant in the room is Bomber Thompson who by not ruling out Coaching the Dogs is driving speculation he might coach the Dogs

Whatever - Before November Draft the Dogs will have a coach

I don't know if a poll on Big Footy will solve this

I think Tudor and Beveridge are in this

As are Montgomery and Sumich

Elephant in the room is Bomber Thompson who by not ruling out Coaching the Dogs is driving speculation he might coach the Dogs

Whatever - Before November Draft the Dogs will have a coach
When did Bomber not rule out coaching us ?

He didn't not rule out coaching us, it's more he hasn't come out and said "I don't want to coach the Bulldogs" like Ratten has done.

Add the fact that there's tensions in the Essendon coaching camp, and then you get the speculation running wild.

That's the thing - he hasn't and the player who trashed his mate is now in Sydney

I think someone discretely is talking to Bomber and former AFL coaches

Don't discount member of the selection committee Woosha jumping into the process yet ! Unusual but possible

The Dogs are in no rush and will almost certainly again appoint an untried coach.

The Herald Sun believes North Melbourne assistant Leigh Tudor and Ross Lyon’s right-hand man Peter Sumich (Fremantle) will be sounded out, along with Brett Montgomery.

Montgomery was McCartney’s senior assistant and a runaway winner of the AFL’s assistant coach of 2014 award.

He is rated highly at Whitten Oval and has the players’ support.

Luke Beveridge, set to start as St Kilda’s director of coaching when he returns from overseas, is also expected to be interviewed, while Andy Lovell (Suns) could be considered.

But the Bulldogs have not contacted dual premiership Hawthorn assistant coach Brett Ratten or VFL coach Gary Ayres and have told club legend Scott West he does not have the experience to be considered.

Ayres said he was not expecting a call while Ratten said his passion for a second senior job remained, but he was happy at the Hawks.

“I haven’t been contacted, but I’m very happy at the Hawks and … that’s probably where I’ll stay,” he said.

620091-d9c1a7d0-600f-11e4-a68a-5e0e7241b758.jpg

One for yebiga

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not keen on Beveredge - not because I don't think he can't be a good coach or I'm doubting his footy coaching ability or his pedigree, but because I don't think we should go down the path on an untried, unproven and unexpected coach with the lack of footy resources that we have at the club.

Not keen on Beveredge - not because I don't think he can't be a good coach or I'm doubting his footy coaching ability or his pedigree, but because I don't think we should go down the path on an untried, unproven and unexpected coach with the lack of footy resources that we have at the club.
That rules out every assistant coach!!!

The Dogs are in no rush and will almost certainly again appoint an untried coach.

The Herald Sun believes North Melbourne assistant Leigh Tudor and Ross Lyon’s right-hand man Peter Sumich (Fremantle) will be sounded out, along with Brett Montgomery.

Montgomery was McCartney’s senior assistant and a runaway winner of the AFL’s assistant coach of 2014 award.

He is rated highly at Whitten Oval and has the players’ support.

Luke Beveridge, set to start as St Kilda’s director of coaching when he returns from overseas, is also expected to be interviewed, while Andy Lovell (Suns) could be considered.

But the Bulldogs have not contacted dual premiership Hawthorn assistant coach Brett Ratten or VFL coach Gary Ayres and have told club legend Scott West he does not have the experience to be considered.

Ayres said he was not expecting a call while Ratten said his passion for a second senior job remained, but he was happy at the Hawks.

“I haven’t been contacted, but I’m very happy at the Hawks and … that’s probably where I’ll stay,” he said.

I think Woosha has stiffened the selection panel with an if they haven't applied forget about them attitude

Not many AFL coaching jobs around - this is the last cab for 2015

That rules out every assistant coach!!!
Not ones with a long pedigree/been considered for many other coaching jobs before/has worked in different situations at different clubs/has had senior roles regarding tactics etc. at big clubs.
Beveridge is just a typical defence coach at a big club. Not that experienced and not that keen.
If we get him, we have to at least have a former coach on the assistant coaching panel.

Outside Bomber Thompson or Mark Williams crashing the party

I think Brett Montgomery and Peter Sumich are both coaching chances for the Bulldogs

There is always the rare rare rare rare chance Chris Grant may convince Woosha ( Worsfold ) to apply :mad::oops::eek:

Picking a coach is so far from an exact science, no matter what strategies have been followed, young, old, experienced, fresh, fresh with senior assistant, there have been equally as many misses as hits. You just gotta go along for the ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back