Meltdown The Western Bulldog's success is built on a lie (Trigger Warning)...

Remove this Banner Ad

A second premiership in nearly 100 years by exploiting the rules is nothing to be proud of, it's kind of cute actually.
Exploiting the rules - you mean like winning the flag in 1993 when having cheated the salary cap? Or do you mean winning the 2000 flag cheating the salary cap yet again by paying James Hird and Matthew Lloyd several hundred thousand dollars for worthless domain names? Only twice has a team won flags in the same year they cheated the salary cap - no surprise whatsoever it was EFC on both occasions.

Last edited:

I like how the Bulldogs, who used to HATE that they were LOVED by everyone else have all suddenly turned into special little snowflakes since their success. In fact the OP wasn't even about the Bulldogs, it was about the rule they exploit more than most other clubs. But I guess a team that's used to getting so much praise for competitive preliminary finals, the fans haven't really been prepared this kind of criticism. It's OK doggies, we still like your team!

Wow, 600 whole dollars!?

No wonder it took you 5 months to post this thread, you've been living like a boss on your fat stacks of cash money.

I posted one straight after the Grand Final complaining about biased umpiring. I care more about the game than money. One of the mods didn't take too kindly too the glaring stain on this fairytale premiership and deleted it.

If we had won the Lance Armstrong or EFC way, then it's success based on a lie.

But if the umps aren't calling all these frees, who's fault is that? You don't think that we were on the wrong end of some of these decisions too? Get over it. We won because we played with guts and determination and we just wouldn't lie down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone else fkin hate Toby McLean? He's got an eye for goal but I've never seen him go into a contest without bending the knees. Good footballer but in my eyes, hes the least respectable of all the Dogs that won the GF - really wish Murphy was the one with the medal and not the knee-bender.

Does anyone else fkin hate Toby McLean? He's got an eye for goal but I've never seen him go into a contest without bending the knees. Good footballer but in my eyes, hes the least respectable of all the Dogs that won the GF - really wish Murphy was the one with the medal and not the knee-bender.
You'll be happy to hear that his received no free kicks this year in the JLT. Will be A grade footballer

You'll be happy to hear that his received no free kicks this year in the JLT. Will be A grade footballer
Fair enough he's a well rounded player and certainly good enough skill-wise to have a premiership medal.

I don't think most people realise what sort of effect a rule like this would have on the game. It would be the biggest rule change in at least a few decades.
People would adjust. The fact that "it came out in the tackle" is even a thing is a joke. If it came out in the tackle, reward the tackler.

Nobody gives a shit about the OP, just the thread title.
Should I change it to make it less sensitive to Western Bulldogs fans?

This is how unbelievable the Bulldogs have become. They always wanted to be that team everyone hates, and now they are getting criticism for winning, their fans are on the defensive. I'm not afraid to admit the Bombers exploited the salary cap, so did every other club that had money we just had better success.
I am not even saying the Bulldogs should be stripped of their premiership as that would be ridiculous. But the denial coming from the Bulldog fans is hilarious. I'm tipping a lot of hurt feelings when the umpires become bolder on illegal disposals and the game plan needs a complete reboot...

Nah, he deserves every high free kick he gets.

I like how the Bulldogs, who used to HATE that they were LOVED by everyone else have all suddenly turned into special little snowflakes since their success. In fact the OP wasn't even about the Bulldogs, it was about the rule they exploit more than most other clubs. But I guess a team that's used to getting so much praise for competitive preliminary finals, the fans haven't really been prepared this kind of criticism. It's OK doggies, we still like your team!

>"OP wasn't even about the Bulldogs"
>Thread Title: "Western Bulldog's success is built on a lie"

incredulous.gif

HAHAHAHA

Should I change it to make it less sensitive to Western Bulldogs fans?

This is how unbelievable the Bulldogs have become. They always wanted to be that team everyone hates, and now they are getting criticism for winning, their fans are on the defensive. I'm not afraid to admit the Bombers exploited the salary cap, so did every other club that had money we just had better success.
I am not even saying the Bulldogs should be stripped of their premiership as that would be ridiculous. But the denial coming from the Bulldog fans is hilarious. I'm tipping a lot of hurt feelings when the umpires become bolder on illegal disposals and the game plan needs a complete reboot...
No you should change the thread title because its just stupid dramatization you'd expect from idiot journalists and the bay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Meltdown The Western Bulldog's success is built on a lie (Trigger Warning)...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back