Meltdown The Western Bulldog's success is built on a lie (Trigger Warning)...

Remove this Banner Ad

"What is the lie"

When you deliberately play the game in an illegal fashion hoping the umpire won't notice you are lying with your actions. Much like Buddy's "natural arc" which the AFL adjusted the rules for to allow him to do it. Again I'm not saying the Bulldog's are the only team to do it, they just go harder at it than anyone else and have a whole game plan based around it. You pick out the dropped balls, the throws and they fall back into the pack of being just a 'good team'. This is the lie, and the delusion that has crept in to the minds of every Bulldog's fan and fairytale apologists on this board.

Bulldogs supporters have been talking up how awesome their team is all off season and how Boyd has answered his critics but there are already signs that their team isn't as great as they think it is after a couple of pre-season losses where the umpires haven't given them their usual armchair ride and Boyd is still a potato going goalless in both games.

I suspect that's why Bulldogs supporters are so sensitive to any criticism of their premiership win as deep down they know they were very lucky to win it and could fall back into the pack if they don't receive the same sort of umpiring advantage they got last year.

2nd Semi v Hawthorn.

Hawks completed 105 tackles. 2 paid holding the ball. At least 20 "incorrect disposals" that weren't called.

The rules had clearly changed by mid-season, and the Bulldogs adjusted and took full advantage. Hawthorn didn't, and it cost them a final, perhaps even a fourpeat.

This has already begun to be clamped down upon this year.

The player who gets the ball first still has the advantage. Retaining possession, disposing correctly under pressure and not fumbling it should be a key attribute of midfielders.

They wouldn't if you got rid of prior opportunity. The player with the ball in a contested situation would be the player that is unlikely to get the clearance. He would simply be tackled and dispossessed and concede the free kick - which is a massive disadvantage given an uncontested free kick out of the centre is a lot better than a contested handball in traffic.

Bulldogs supporters have been talking up how awesome their team is all off season and how Boyd has answered his critics but there are already signs that their team isn't as great as they think it is after a couple of pre-season losses where the umpires haven't given them their usual armchair ride and Boyd is still a potato going goalless in both games.

I suspect that's why Bulldogs supporters are so sensitive to any criticism of their premiership win as deep down they know they were very lucky to win it and could fall back into the pack if they don't receive the same sort of umpiring advantage they got last year.
Screen Shot 2017-03-06 at 3.29.01 pm.png

Spread this, lets let the world know the real reason why Carlton lost

How many free kicks in front of goals was it again?

2nd Semi v Hawthorn.

Hawks completed 105 tackles. 2 paid holding the ball. At least 20 "incorrect disposals" that weren't called.

The rules had clearly changed by mid-season, and the Bulldogs adjusted and took full advantage. Hawthorn didn't, and it cost them a final, perhaps even a fourpeat.

The rules hadn't changed at all, the interpretation just varied from team to team. Hawthorn might have got the same treatment, but it would be so unusual for the umpire to see them play that sort of way so who really knows how they would interpret it. I watched a few Brisbane games last year where umpires were red hot on incorrect disposals in the same fashion the Bullies make them. Brisbane has been on the bottom for a long time, so maybe the errors stand out more in the umpire's view.

2nd Semi v Hawthorn.

Is it possible the Bulldogs just disposed of rhe ball when tackled as is the intent of the rules? Seemed to me they were very good at it.

View attachment 342932

Spread this, lets let the world know the real reason why Carlton lost

How many free kicks in front of goals was it again?

If we get that sort of umpiring in the real season then you can start comparing it to the Bulldogs umpiring last year but I doubt that will happen.

It's not like the umpiring was the only reason Carlton lost, when you get smashed by 92 points you can't blame the umpiring.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we get that sort of umpiring in the real season then you can start comparing it to the Bulldogs umpiring last year but I doubt that will happen.

It's not like the umpiring was the only reason Carlton lost, when you get smashed by 92 points you can't blame the umpiring.

It was a scratch match ....

2nd Semi v Hawthorn.

the umps let the game go more in finals. this has been the case forever.

What cost you a final and a fourpeat was getting comprehensively curb-stomped in pretty much every facet of the game in the second half, but don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.

This year hasn't started yet silly.

Should I change it to make it less sensitive to Western Bulldogs fans?

This is how unbelievable the Bulldogs have become. They always wanted to be that team everyone hates, and now they are getting criticism for winning, their fans are on the defensive. I'm not afraid to admit the Bombers exploited the salary cap, so did every other club that had money we just had better success.
I am not even saying the Bulldogs should be stripped of their premiership as that would be ridiculous. But the denial coming from the Bulldog fans is hilarious. I'm tipping a lot of hurt feelings when the umpires become bolder on illegal disposals and the game plan needs a complete reboot...
LOL - BigFooty in a nutshell right there.

source.gif

Top thread :D

What cost you a final and a fourpeat was getting comprehensively curb-stomped in pretty much every facet of the game in the second half, but don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.

The denial oozing out of this post is incredible. Honest question: When you watch your team do you just mentally block out every incorrect disposal they make?

The denial oozing out of this post is incredible. Honest question: When you watch your team do you just mentally block out every incorrect disposal they make?

michael-jordan-laugh.gif

Indeed. Every single one of those 50 or 60 contested possessions that we had above Hawthorn's total was a throw. I'm sure you've got the footage archived.

I honestly can't believe you're still going. Your bait is substandard, and the only person who is in agreeance with you on any of this is Plugger. That ain't a good thing.

You made a crap post. Suck it up and move on.

GF last year was the worst officiated game of AFL I have seen in almost a decade. But everyone wanted the Dogs to win so, eh no one gave a shit.
You must not have watched a lot of footy in the last 10 years.

Every team has been doing this for a while now.

There isn't a lot you can do about it in my opinion because if you go harder on illegal disposal you are going to see teams preferring to be second to the ball and try to win the free kick or score from the turnover.

Remove this Banner Ad

Meltdown The Western Bulldog's success is built on a lie (Trigger Warning)...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back