Senior List
Jun 10, 2008
Cannes
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
soccer
The Warnock Trade Not Good

I can't believe Carlton gave in to Fremantle like beggars. Sure Warnock has potential and I wanted Carlton to get him, but at the right price.He has played 21 games and done nothing, we gave them too much pick 24, 56, 72. If we kept 24 ok i would accept that, but no way is worth pick 24.

Why are the Carlton football department, Brett Ratten and most supporters happy about ! In the last uncompromised draft Carlton have 3 picks in the top 70, thats great. They just never learn always trading picks, look at the way Hawthorn built a premiership by never trading picks.

I can't believe Carlton gave in to Fremantle like beggars. Sure Warnock has potential, but he has played 21 games and done nothing, we gave them too much pick 24, 56, 72. If we kept 24 ok i would accept that, but no way is worth pick 24.

Why are the Carlton football department, Brett Ratten and most supporters happy about ! In the last uncompromised draft Carlton have 3 picks in the top 70, thats great. They just never learn always trading picks, look at the way Hawthorn built a premiership by never trading picks.

yeah but a bit of luck is needed too, its all good and well to have the picks but its also what you do with them. i mean who would have thought when they drafted sam mitchell in the mid 30's he would captain the hawks to a flag

There must have been a damn good reason why Freo demanded alot more than pick 24. And by the way CFC what is also not good is your spelling.;)

I can't believe Carlton gave in to Fremantle like beggars. Sure Warnock has potential and I wanted Carlton to get him, but at the right price.He has played 21 games and done nothing, we gave them too much pick 24, 56, 72. If we kept 24 ok i would accept that, but no way is worth pick 24.

Are you generally a glass half empty guy?

I bet if you were copping a polish from Miranda Kerr you would find something to complain about...

all we did was gave away pick 56 really-

warnock >>> pick24
pick69 >>> pick72

he will be tapping the ball down to gibbs, murphy and judd for years to come.

and it's warnock, get it right.

you can, but you need to see that we need a ruckman, not many of the fluffers around atm so we get the best option...imo white would be worth a shot for 2 years on bugger all cash, he just wants to play, and he can, but do we need to lose 2 years on a ruckman? no,

the big nocker we will get 10 years out of and give him back to Freo for some drafts later...win win!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was made to wear the Navy Blue ...

robert20warnock20imageddl4.jpg

mate, im not completly sold on Warnock either but i have faith in the people running the show.

You could say the recruiters have a player in mind for the 4th round that will still be there by pick 69 and im willing to bet my internet cred (haha) on Warnock turning out to be a better prospect then pick 24.

If you look at it that way its not so bad.

I don't like the much either but i'm fine with my stance and happy to be proven wrong. A few have put up good arguments but i'm just plain not enthused about Warnock as a prospect and would have rather taken a shot with pick 24.

Anyway, the appointment of R.Harvey was the thing that got me excited today, that is great work. :thumbsu:

I think that people forget .... we have had the last 3 number 1 picks - murphy/gibbs/kreuzer. We have also picked up grigg/hampson with early picks and judd. We have heaps of other kids on the list to develop, Austin/Jamison/Hartlett/edwards. If hadley & fisher can get their bodies right and armfield, browne, bower continue to develop our future looks rosey. We need all of these guys to grow together and have massive pre-seasons eat heaps of carbs and bulk up. We have a pretty reasonable list now, and with some of the kids showing something we can make the 8 and play finals and return carlton to where we belong.

We are Carlton f**k the rest. We are coming back ....... be afraid, be very afraid. That is why the others are slagging us off as they are afraid of us returning to our dominant best.

I don't like the much either but i'm fine with my stance and happy to be proven wrong. A few have put up good arguments but i'm just plain not enthused about Warnock as a prospect and would have rather taken a shot with pick 24.

Anyway, the appointment of R.Harvey was the thing that got me excited today, that is great work. :thumbsu:

Just a couple of points I have to ask.

1. I actually like reading most of your posts, so I'm wondering why you have such reservations with regards to Warnock?

I'm actually completely in the opposite camp, I think he will a massive recruit for us, in more ways than one. He just fills a huge gap in our team and has a heap of potential.

2. Just for a little fun, maybe something in 5 years time we can look back on, who do you think would be available and who would you have recruited at Pick 24. (So far in my Mocks, I have Pearce being selected)

Harvey has also got me excited, he will be a great addition to the club.

CFC16,

Here is an exercise for you:

1) Have a look at the players available in this draft
2) Work out which players are likely to go around pick 24
3) Determine which of these players are 206cm tall, skillfull and athletic and also fill a massive need in our list for the future.

The fact is the chances of Warnock being better in the future than whoever is picked at 24 are very very good.

Therefore, if you were a betting man, you'd put your money on the Warnock/pick 69 combo.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Wornock Trade Not Good

Remove this Banner Ad

Back