The worst presenter on SEN- Mark Allen and then the rest?

Remove this Banner Ad

I enjoy/ed the morning glory & the run home.

Its easy listening on the way to work - expectations & standards don't have to be super high imo.

Only bloke I deliberately avoid is Dwayne Russell.

being half asleep would help tolerate the bumbling andys in the morning

Worst presenter? They are all bad IMO in hindsight, I stopped listening cold turkey after having it as background work/home life for quite some time. Distance makes you realise the poor quality. But that's what they want. Hardly anybody cares about positive things these days in the media, as long as SEN is terrible and almost an audio version of the Herald Sun people will flock out of interest.

Thank heck the two Andy's have finished for the year. Stopped listening to Morning Glory six months ago.
I think the Ox will be more bearable in the morning than those two buffoons.
Hope Dr Turf still gets a run, very funny man, have been listening to him since his Punter to Punter days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I follow Turfy wherever he goes. One of the great bulldust sensors going around. Makes Hutchy and Pickers almost bearable.

Moons and Granland have been doing a pretty good job at breakfast the last two weeks, even if the quiz prizes leave a little to be desired.

I follow Turfy wherever he goes. One of the great bulldust sensors going around. Makes Hutchy and Pickers almost bearable.

Moons and Granland have been doing a pretty good job at breakfast the last two weeks, even if the quiz prizes leave a little to be desired.

I agree that Granlan and Mooney are doing a very good job. The problem for the station is that it basically exists for AFL footy and the offseason is difficult to fill with the type of content that interests the majority of their listeners. Competitions like the A League or the NBL are a niche market and even cricket doesn't come close to having the appeal of the AFL in Victoria. I and a number of people I have spoken to about SEN can easily go days without feeling the need to tune in between say November and February. During the footy season I regard SEN as must listen radio.

I agree that Granlan and Mooney are doing a very good job. The problem for the station is that it basically exists for AFL footy and the offseason is difficult to fill with the type of content that interests the majority of their listeners. Competitions like the A League or the NBL are a niche market and even cricket doesn't come close to having the appeal of the AFL in Victoria. I and a number of people I have spoken to about SEN can easily go days without feeling the need to tune in between say November and February. During the footy season I regard SEN as must listen radio.

you stated very obvious points there. australia is the only country i know that is divided by football codes. as a result, the catchment region and listenership is diluted to almost nothing. agree during winter, sen is must listen to radio. but the offseason is dead comparitively speaking.

contrast to espn radio, which cover all sports well and equally. of course their sports are international ones where someone in the world is playing the sport at some time. as a result, player participation and resulting listenership is massive. afl is a domestic code essentially.

personally, sen in the summer is great. a true reflection of what a sports station is.

Hands down, the best presenter on SEN is the one who doesn't even have a full-time gig - Kevin Hillier. Knowledgeable, well-researched and no agendas or biases. No shouting over the top of callers or cutting them off - a true radio professional.
Two votes goes to Brett Phillips.
Easily the worst is the pairing of Maher and Gaze, who I stopped listening to months ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

The worst presenter on SEN- Mark Allen and then the rest?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back