The worst presenter on SEN- Mark Allen and then the rest?

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's my summary of KB's morning program.

- Opening spiel with unnatural yet mind-numbingly consistent voice patterns and inflections, like a teenager reading his crappy debate essay to the class. Finish with cringe inducing "I'm KB, thats my take" after advice from long since moved on producer who insisted it would be a "hip and punchy" way to start the show.

- throw out a collection of cosy words and phrases including 'always', 'aassswell' 'get something off your chest', 'famous' and hope that nobody will notice that it is the same exact script from the day before. Don't forget to mention how whatsisname will "always fix your golf swing" (surely if something is truly fixed it need only be fixed once and not "always"?) And repeat tired gag about Turfy being quirky and antagonistic.

- introduce Patrick Smith or Greg....................................................venom..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................denholm, then proceed to engage in a contrived and rambling, old-man debate about the merits of a night grand final. Ask people to sms what they think. Dont read any of them out.

- while guest is speaking, be sure to lubricate mouth with tongue so as to prep oneself for next rude interjection. Make sure the mic picks up every last suction and lip-smacking sound so the audience knows your still alive. Imagine you are eating a really delicious bowl of soup.

- Give someone an Elmore oil pack for agreeing with your point

- cut to a break if co-host is winning the argument

- lubricate mouth

- forget where you are then think about soup again until everything is ok

Do everything exactly the same again the next day.
Nail head

Harford is just weak, never really says anything, if forced to he always hedges his bets, always seeks to not offend. OK if discussing light hearted matters but as soon as its something serious he just fence sits and adds nothing.

I used to despise Leech but so far he has been OK as he is one of the few prepared to give the AFL a spray and expose their hypocrisy.

Interesting that Mark Allen seems to be better with Daniel Harford. And Ox is back to his best with Francis.

Much prefer Ox and Francis in the mornings (even though Francis raves on about soccer a little too much for my liking - FFS the footy's about to start!).

Maher is just a pocket-pisser. Bags people behind their backs and when he interviews them he's best mates!

He and Gazey we're ultimately just fence-sitters - not sure if this is what lead to their downfall?

Be interesting once Timmy starts up in the mornings cos not sure if Ox and Francis will bend over for him like Maher and Gaze. Please just don't laugh at his "jokes", it just encourages him ...

Watson is going to be on with Frank and Ox?

Don't listen to Maher any more because that is work time rather than commuting time. I think he's a pretty good game commentator but otherwise not my cup of tea.

Frank and Ox bring out the best in each other. Frank was severely underused at the ABC.

Watson is going to be on with Frank and Ox?

Don't listen to Maher any more because that is work time rather than commuting time. I think he's a pretty good game commentator but otherwise not my cup of tea.

Frank and Ox bring out the best in each other. Frank was severely underused at the ABC.

I heard he was going to have a similar cameo type role that he had with Maher and Gaze, just AFL.

Maher is OK as a commentator, agree. Just not big on him as an anchor trying to be one of the boys.

I think most would sound 50% better next to Harford, who makes a decent anchor by the way, but gives very little food for thought.
Harf talks in riddles and tries to be the funny larrikin nice guy, a watered down version of Richo if you like. Reminds me of Ossie Ostrich who would tag along and support what was already said with pointless remarks. Prefer the Ox for impact.
I prefer Ozzy Ostrich to Harf

Anyone else sick of all the women's sport on SEN? Good on em for trying to give them some publicity I guess but I really couldn't give a shit.

bloody hell *shakes head*. next thing you'll tell me is that its ok for send dick picks to women

Anyone else sick of all the women's sport on SEN? Good on em for trying to give them some publicity I guess but I really couldn't give a shit.
This reminds me of one of pet peeves with some presenters. Has anyone else noticed that the guys who've most likely not had great success with women their whole lives go over the top in support of ladies' sport and other issues? :) It's like they use their position to gain brownie points.
Hutchy and Maher, I'm lookin at yooz. :D

This reminds me of one of pet peeves with some presenters. Has anyone else noticed that the guys who've most likely not had great success with women their whole lives go over the top in support of ladies' sport and other issues? :) It's like they use their position to gain brownie points.

its ironic isnt it? not just in sporting world, but life in general. i have a friend who has not acquired a lady friend ever. but he loves hanging around them, or tagging them in facebook posts. all female friends of his are attractive, and yes his support of female issues is OTT. he ended up stalking one of them on twitter, and it got real messy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What the **** is this crap? :drunk:

bloody hell *shakes head*. next thing you'll tell me is that its ok for send dick picks to women

where's the connection here???

Much prefer Ox and Francis in the mornings (even though Francis raves on about soccer a little too much for my liking - FFS the footy's about to start!).

can you really complain about not enough aussie rules being discussed on SEN?

Is it just me, or is the Harf and Marco show degenerating into something like 12 year old boys giggling at each other?
Yep, it is degenerating with each show aired. The way Mark treats his callers at times if they don't agree with him, really irks me too. Annoys me how he withholds the correct answer when the name game is being played because you don't call him the legend of sand or whatever it is.

On the other hand, I am really enjoying the breakfast show with Francis and the Ox.

However, as someone pointed out on here, there is way too much discussion about soccer. Yes, I know that Francis' first love but you just have to look at the A-League TV ratings to see that nobody cares about it.

However, as someone pointed out on here, there is way too much discussion about soccer. Yes, I know that Francis' first love but you just have to look at the A-League TV ratings to see that nobody cares about it.
I dont mind it at this time of year as the soccer season is hitting its end peak, while footy is still only ramping up. I'm sure one the season starts it will trend much more towards footy

hope the morning show continue providing updates and stories about soccer both locally and abroad. the FFA cup will start in a few weeks too.
No luck mate, afl1116....sorry SEN, will need at least eight hours each day to debate whether a goal by jack darling was or was not better than a goal by Casboult.

Get your hand off it. The a-league is popular enough to warrant attention. The EPL is more than popular enough to warrant attention. Champion's League is in at the same time as the show is on, and they're not going to talk about it? That's just dumb for a sports station.

Some people...

Remove this Banner Ad

The worst presenter on SEN- Mark Allen and then the rest?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back