The worst presenter on SEN- Mark Allen and then the rest?

Remove this Banner Ad

By far the worst presenter (and this term is applied very loosely) is the flog doing nights, Stephen J Peake. Who is this man? Which early openers did they drag him out of? He has to be the most irritating, illogical, talentless dromedary ive ever had the misfortune of listening to.

By far the worst presenter (and this term is applied very loosely) is the flog doing nights, Stephen J Peake. Who is this man? Which early openers did they drag him out of? He has to be the most irritating, illogical, talentless dromedary ive ever had the misfortune of listening to.
A terrible presenter, I couldn't agree more.

I don't think it makes it right. Having to pay to be on radio even though he is basically universally thought of as terrible at it.
I can't stand the bloke.

Allen, Peak, Bartlett and Maher.

Peak is a flog, ditto Maher, Allen should have stuck with golf, while I'm sure Bartlett does his show off autocue - same schtick every day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The guy who reads the news in the morning pisses me off big time. He takes this huge gasp of air as his 'on air light' goes on and just before he starts to read the news. Surely he can just mute himself until he actually starts talking, it's so annoying.

Once you hear it and notice how he does it every day it will piss you off too, sorry in advance.

Here's my summary of KB's morning program.

- Opening spiel with unnatural yet mind-numbingly consistent voice patterns and inflections, like a teenager reading his crappy debate essay to the class. Finish with cringe inducing "I'm KB, thats my take" after advice from long since moved on producer who insisted it would be a "hip and punchy" way to start the show.

- throw out a collection of cosy words and phrases including 'always', 'aassswell' 'get something off your chest', 'famous' and hope that nobody will notice that it is the same exact script from the day before. Don't forget to mention how whatsisname will "always fix your golf swing" (surely if something is truly fixed it need only be fixed once and not "always"?) And repeat tired gag about Turfy being quirky and antagonistic.

- introduce Patrick Smith or Greg....................................................venom..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................denholm, then proceed to engage in a contrived and rambling, old-man debate about the merits of a night grand final. Ask people to sms what they think. Dont read any of them out.

- while guest is speaking, be sure to lubricate mouth with tongue so as to prep oneself for next rude interjection. Make sure the mic picks up every last suction and lip-smacking sound so the audience knows your still alive. Imagine you are eating a really delicious bowl of soup.

- Give someone an Elmore oil pack for agreeing with your point

- cut to a break if co-host is winning the argument

- lubricate mouth

- forget where you are then think about soup again until everything is ok

Do everything exactly the same again the next day.

Interesting that Mark Allen seems to be better with Daniel Harford. And Ox is back to his best with Francis.

I think most would sound 50% better next to Harford, who makes a decent anchor by the way, but gives very little food for thought.
Harf talks in riddles and tries to be the funny larrikin nice guy, a watered down version of Richo if you like. Reminds me of Ossie Ostrich who would tag along and support what was already said with pointless remarks. Prefer the Ox for impact.

- Opening spiel with unnatural yet mind-numbingly consistent voice patterns and inflections, like a teenager reading his crappy debate essay to the class. Finish with cringe inducing "I'm KB, thats my take" after advice from long since moved on producer who insisted it would be a "hip and punchy" way to start the show.

- throw out a collection of cosy words and phrases including 'always', 'aassswell' 'get something off your chest', 'famous' and hope that nobody will notice that it is the same exact script from the day before. Don't forget to mention how whatsisname will "always fix your golf swing" (surely if something is truly fixed it need only be fixed once and not "always"?) And repeat tired gag about Turfy being quirky and antagonistic.

- introduce Patrick Smith or Greg....................................................venom..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................denholm, then proceed to engage in a contrived and rambling, old-man debate about the merits of a night grand final. Ask people to sms what they think. Dont read any of them out.

- while guest is speaking, be sure to lubricate mouth with tongue so as to prep oneself for next rude interjection. Make sure the mic picks up every last suction and lip-smacking sound so the audience knows your still alive. Imagine you are eating a really delicious bowl of soup.

- lubricate mouth

- people jumping up and down
- ive always said

- lubricate mouth

It's sad because it is so true. Absolutely spot on. He repeats the same old crap ad nauseam. He is only just marginally better than any of the shock jocks going round.

It's sad because it is so true. Absolutely spot on. He repeats the same old crap ad nauseam. He is only just marginally better than any of the shock jocks going round.
I really wonder if he has them all pre-recorded so that as soon as someone mentions interchange - push the button and his 30 second rant on them goes

Remove this Banner Ad

The worst presenter on SEN- Mark Allen and then the rest?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back