The worst presenter on SEN- Mark Allen and then the rest?

Remove this Banner Ad

reckon Mark Allen and Daniel Harford would go close, their whole show is about replaying earlier SEN interviews/view from the same day and discussing it. Leave that crap to 2am
SEN should have left Harf where he was, shipped Maher off all together and have someone like Dr Turf and Marko for TRH. At least Turfy would offset Marko's crapness.

SEN should have left Harf where he was, shipped Maher off all together and have someone like Dr Turf and Marko for TRH. At least Turfy would offset Marko's crapness.

Turfy is one of the worst on SEN. Has no opinion, says one thing then someone corrects him and he folds like a deck of cards. Is alright to talk about racing once in a blue moon but shouldn't be on any where near as much as he is, same for Jason Richardson

Turfy is one of the worst on SEN. Has no opinion, says one thing then someone corrects him and he folds like a deck of cards. Is alright to talk about racing once in a blue moon but shouldn't be on any where near as much as he is, same for Jason Richardson

Agree to disagree. He's entertaining, has a reasonable grasp on most sports and doesn't take himself too seriously.

Here's my summary of KB's morning program.

- Opening spiel with unnatural yet mind-numbingly consistent voice patterns and inflections, like a teenager reading his crappy debate essay to the class. Finish with cringe inducing "I'm KB, thats my take" after advice from long since moved on producer who insisted it would be a "hip and punchy" way to start the show.

- throw out a collection of cosy words and phrases including 'always', 'aassswell' 'get something off your chest', 'famous' and hope that nobody will notice that it is the same exact script from the day before. Don't forget to mention how whatsisname will "always fix your golf swing" (surely if something is truly fixed it need only be fixed once and not "always"?) And repeat tired gag about Turfy being quirky and antagonistic.

- introduce Patrick Smith or Greg....................................................venom..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................denholm, then proceed to engage in a contrived and rambling, old-man debate about the merits of a night grand final. Ask people to sms what they think. Dont read any of them out.

- while guest is speaking, be sure to lubricate mouth with tongue so as to prep oneself for next rude interjection. Make sure the mic picks up every last suction and lip-smacking sound so the audience knows your still alive. Imagine you are eating a really delicious bowl of soup.

- Give someone an Elmore oil pack for agreeing with your point

- cut to a break if co-host is winning the argument

- lubricate mouth

- forget where you are then think about soup again until everything is ok

Do everything exactly the same again the next day.

Keep repeating that you're better off getting caught doing drugs than alcohol by comparing two completely different scenarios and pretending that they are the same.

Got to disagree there. Turfy is quite possibly the only person on SEN who expresses opinions that are reasoned and articulate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First ratings survey for the year. There's been hardly any changes, but SEN only really "does" things during the footy season, obviously

One way to overcome this is to compare it with the first survey of last year (corresponding period).

Breakfast: 3.0 --> 3.8
Mornings: 3.8 --> 4.7
Arvos: 3.1 --> 3.6
Drive: 4.0 --> 3.9
Evenings: 3.7 --> 2.6
Overall: 3.4 --> 3.8

Whichever you look at it. Finey and Maher are in the shit. And that would match my thoughts.

Can't believe Maher hasn't dropped further from last survey though.

Whichever you look at it. Finey and Maher are in the shit. And that would match my thoughts.

Can't believe Maher hasn't dropped further from last survey though.
I used to not mind Finey, but now everytime I tune in to him I find they are talking about stuff I get bored of very quickly. I don't know if its an off-season thing, different days of the week/guests, or what. But I find his show pretty bad at the moment

Same here....I'm on record as saying I've never had a good opinion of Fine, but nevertheless have listened for years due to his different segments and guests.....and have always enjoyed he and Peakey together.

..but the show and most on it are now very stale. It needs a massive shakeup. Can hardly be bothered listening, and if I miss it, it doesn't bother me at all these days.

I'm one of the few that doesn't mind Mark Allen at all, have liked him since he started chasing birdies.

As for Dr Turf, he's probably my favorite segment on all the shows and I'm not a huge racing fan at all.

Harford is probably my least favourite, then the Ox.

G
I'm one of the few that doesn't mind Mark Allen at all, have liked him since he started chasing birdies.

As for Dr Turf, he's probably my favorite segment on all the shows and I'm not a huge racing fan at all.

Harford is probably my least favourite, then the Ox.

very good with the Golf stuff I reckon Marko. The couple thing is prob not working.

KB should be on all day and all night for mine his a laugh.

Same here....I'm on record as saying I've never had a good opinion of Fine, but nevertheless have listened for years due to his different segments and guests.....and have always enjoyed he and Peakey together.

..but the show and most on it are now very stale. It needs a massive shakeup. Can hardly be bothered listening, and if I miss it, it doesn't bother me at all these days.

It suffers during the off-season. Once the footy starts, all of Friday night is taken up by the game and analysis, Thursday night is largely 'selection night', so there's a whole lot less time to "fill".

The budget for the show is probably $5, but they need to get some outside 'talent' allocated to the show. Whether you like them or not, blokes like Robbo, Denham and Ralph do add something to other shows - often its argumentative and deliberately provocative. Rohan Connolly is overexposed on SEN and his segments with Finey are characterised by too much back-slapping.

Unfortunately Nathan Grima is back playing footy, as he would have be a good option. Get recently-retired players on the show who are wanting to take their first step into the media. And heck, why not have a 45 minute segment each week for Supercoach? ;)

It suffers during the off-season. Once the footy starts, all of Friday night is taken up by the game and analysis, Thursday night is largely 'selection night', so there's a whole lot less time to "fill".

The budget for the show is probably $5, but they need to get some outside 'talent' allocated to the show. Whether you like them or not, blokes like Robbo, Denham and Ralph do add something to other shows - often its argumentative and deliberately provocative. Rohan Connolly is overexposed on SEN and his segments with Finey are characterised by too much back-slapping.

Unfortunately Nathan Grima is back playing footy, as he would have be a good option. Get recently-retired players on the show who are wanting to take their first step into the media. And heck, why not have a 45 minute segment each week for Supercoach? ;)

There used to be a Supercoach kind of show a few years back which I quite enjoyed even though I can't be bothered with fantasy football stuff. Wonder what happened to that?

They have a new soccer show on in the middle of the night which is quite funny (even though I don't have a huge interest in soccer either!)

Seems a lot of us are of the opinion Mark Allen is very good on the golf stuff, myself included.

Seems a lot of us are of the opinion Mark Allen is very good on the golf stuff, myself included.
As I'm not that of a golf fan, I guess I don't bother with that part of what he does. But on most other topics he is fairly un-informed and so I struggle with him

Remove this Banner Ad

The worst presenter on SEN- Mark Allen and then the rest?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back