The worst presenter on SEN- Mark Allen and then the rest?

Remove this Banner Ad

Slightly on topic but this question is based mainly to current/ past SEN listeners and people in Victoria.

Has the new brekky show with Garry, Romping Wins and co. turned you off SEN. I follow there FB page and see a lot of bad comments/ negative reviews particularly about Romping and Garry joining the show.

Has it made you flick the dial to something else in the mornings?

Slightly on topic but this question is based mainly to current/ past SEN listeners and people in Victoria.

Has the new brekky show with Garry, Romping Wins and co. turned you off SEN. I follow there FB page and see a lot of bad comments/ negative reviews particularly about Romping and Garry joining the show.

yes. ive flicked over to RSN. Harf, fleming and adam white (I think). It's a sports show, not a footy show

yes. ive flicked over to RSN. Harf, fleming and adam white (I think). It's a sports show, not a footy show

Was driving in nth central vic at 6am yesterday morning, so tuned into Harf......was great to hear his voice, and was his usual smooth self.

SEN seriously misjudged there. They have lost on of the best hosts going around. Not interested in listening to Lyon and co.

Still whack Finey and KB on when on the road but that's about it.
No interest in giving myself bleeding ears listening to a talentless old money w***er with a polo stick up his arse paired with someone (almost) as self important in Lyon.

Definitely. Ross & John on AW are the king of brekkie radio and are good early in the morning. As it gets to 7.00am all of the bloody commercials just make it untenable. Usually switch to SEN, but yet to excite me. Once the footy starts or some big footy story breaks, it will change..Just demonstrates their lack of knowledge of other sports. There is so much news about soccer and other sports which they could talk about, but McLaughlin will not allow it. Why give them a free kick. Kind of defeats the purpose of a genuine sports radio station, with genuine sports hosts who have a breadth of knowledge across a lot of sports. Just hope SEN doesn't throw it all away and become an AFL show.

Once the footy starts or some big footy story breaks, it will change..Just demonstrates their lack of knowledge of other sports. There is so much news about soccer and other sports which they could talk about, but McLaughlin will not allow it. Why give them a free kick. Kind of defeats the purpose of a genuine sports radio station, with genuine sports hosts who have a breadth of knowledge across a lot of sports. Just hope SEN doesn't throw it all away and become an AFL show.

Heard Hamish the other day ask a female runner who raced against Usain Bolt what she thought of the AFL Women’s round. When she said she hadn’t watched it Hamish almost seemed personally offended.

I wish SEN were what their actual name says they should be – a sports station. But they’ve always been an AFL-dominant station (even when they didn’t have the footy rights) and always will be. It’s just the way things are in Victoria; 3AW’s ironically named ‘Sports Today’ is 95% AFL during the footy season and probably 50-60% footy even in the October/November period.

Don’t mind the new SEN breakfast lineup but it’s pretty limited in the February period with its footy focus and Hutchy-wannabee Sam McLure hyping up endless minor stories. Never listened to the RSN breakfast show but might listen to its excerpts on Audioboom.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I enjoy it more than Frank and Ox and the Two Andys. I think a lot of the public negatively comes from a. McLachlan being a pompous twat who's clearly only a prominent figure in the media because of brother, b. Tim Watson being heavily biased towards Essendon during the Drug Saga making people turned off him and c. Because Gary Lyon stuck it (and still sticks it) to his former best-mates ex-wife.

The actual show is pretty much 95% footy which at this time of year sucks a bit as there's not a lot to talk about and they seem to take every non-footy guest and ask them a bunch of questions about footy... However I'd rather them not talk about other sports in which they have no idea about. Maybe they'd be better off getting some experts from other sports on. I've found the actual footy discussions have been more interesting with Lyon and Watson as opposed to previous hosts. McLachlan still annoys me, though. I'm probably going to give RSN a go.

I enjoy it more than Frank and Ox and the Two Andys. I think a lot of the public negatively comes from a. McLachlan being a pompous twat who's clearly only a prominent figure in the media because of brother, b. Tim Watson being heavily biased towards Essendon during the Drug Saga making people turned off him and c. Because Gary Lyon stuck it (and still sticks it) to his former best-mates ex-wife.

The actual show is pretty much 95% footy which at this time of year sucks a bit as there's not a lot to talk about and they seem to take every non-footy guest and ask them a bunch of questions about footy... However I'd rather them not talk about other sports in which they have no idea about. Maybe they'd be better off getting some experts from other sports on. I've found the actual footy discussions have been more interesting with Lyon and Watson as opposed to previous hosts. McLachlan still annoys me, though. I'm probably going to give RSN a go.

what's unusual is that Garry actually does a bit of research before he says something instead of rehashing old folklore like ****ing Mark Allen does

Persisted for about a week, so dull! They have really captured Hamish's lack of charisma

The current morning group are very painful to listen to - history beating levels... I try very hard to listen as I love my sport... Currently its almost as bad as Gaze was. More "IN" jokes/statements than anything else in history.
Lots of patting themselves on the back for their awesome careers (But Lyon has always done that)... Not that anyone wants to hear that.

Even their interviews of players are poor, like the Max Gawn interview yesterday or day before I think it was, no idea what to ask him... I had to turn it off
What the hell is McLachlan? He seems to be the 'leader' of the 3, and my neighbour's goat seems to make more sense than him.

Bob Murphy - massive fan of him on the field... on the radio, give me a laser guided torpedo to take him out.

KB - I like listening to.
Ox and Marco - I can listen to Ox, Marko seems to be the poor long lost brother trying to fit in.
Finey - Also like, but some of the flogs he has on with him, Meh. I do like the interviews with long lost players, but the desperation to fill time with (like last night) "call in with your things that start with B F" or similar should be shot down with fire.

The worst part is the ads for the FAMILY FIRST or who ever they are, I usually turn over to anything, even static and forget to turn back.

I think I'll give the 927 thing a go sarvo...

The current morning group are very painful to listen to - history beating levels... I try very hard to listen as I love my sport... Currently its almost as bad as Gaze was. More "IN" jokes/statements than anything else in history.
Lots of patting themselves on the back for their awesome careers (But Lyon has always done that)... Not that anyone wants to hear that.

Even their interviews of players are poor, like the Max Gawn interview yesterday or day before I think it was, no idea what to ask him... I had to turn it off
What the hell is McLachlan? He seems to be the 'leader' of the 3, and my neighbour's goat seems to make more sense than him.

Bob Murphy - massive fan of him on the field... on the radio, give me a laser guided torpedo to take him out.

KB - I like listening to.
Ox and Marco - I can listen to Ox, Marko seems to be the poor long lost brother trying to fit in.
Finey - Also like, but some of the flogs he has on with him, Meh. I do like the interviews with long lost players, but the desperation to fill time with (like last night) "call in with your things that start with B F" or similar should be shot down with fire.

The worst part is the ads for the FAMILY FIRST or who ever they are, I usually turn over to anything, even static and forget to turn back.

I think I'll give the 927 thing a go sarvo...

Funny how opinions change between people.

I find the OX the worst presenter by an absolute mile.

Can barely string a coherent sentence together, it's like English is a second language to him.

Remove this Banner Ad

The worst presenter on SEN- Mark Allen and then the rest?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back