them crooked vultures

Remove this Banner Ad

I've listened to it 8 times, and spaced out each listen, only once every couple of days. I'm starting to enjoy it more then when I first did, but I find that I really like the first half of the album whereas in the second half it drops off a lot.

I've listened to it at least like 30 times, I'm obsessed and play it daily. >_>
I've got it on a loop as well and it's still as good as ever.

FWIW, I don't mind the back-end of the album. It has a lot more creative songs in it.

It's nothing special. A good album in a bad year for music.

The only people I know who make it out to be anymore than that are the ones who only listen to rock and have been waiting 20 years for a decent album to come out.

The only people I know who make it out to be anymore than that are the ones who only listen to rock and have been waiting 20 years for a decent album to come out.
I'm pretty much in that group. Rock has seen a lot of lean years recently.

THEM CROOKED VULTURES INTERRUPTED BY HOMME ARREST

Recording of the new THEM CROOKED VULTURES album was put on hold after just three days - when frontman JOSH HOMME found himself in jail.
The supergroup, which also includes Foo Fighters singer Dave Grohl and Led Zeppelin star John Paul Jones, headed to a studio in Burbank, California earlier this year (09) to record their debut.
But the sessions came to an abrupt halt after just three days when Queens of the Stone Age star Homme was arrested and thrown behind bars.
Although Homme refuses to reveal why he ended up in custody, he admits being severely embarrassed when he had to explain the situation to his new bandmates.
He say, "I got arrested on the third day of our session. It was total bull, because I really was just hanging out, you know? When I got out of jail, we were recording that day, so I told the guys, 'Look, I haven't had that much sleep, it's going take me a sec (second) to get my thing together.' And to not have one look of judgement was very cool. I gotta be just who I am, because I don't know who else to be."'

03 December 2009 12:06

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/them-crooked-vultures-interrupted-by-homme-arrest_1124490

LOL, what a champ.

TCV were also recently on the Jonathan Ross show playing Mind Eraser:

[YOUTUBE]Yu2J3vaR7Bk[/YOUTUBE]

There is a second show added for Melbourne, 23rd of Jan '10 and Sydney, 27th of Jan '10. :thumbsu:
Tickets to second show :)

I second Bunsen. It's a bit sad for music when one of the best albums of the year in Rock is from a supergroup.:)

But, thats the way it is at the moment :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've changed my mind completely on this album, its great. No One Loves Me & Neither Do I is my favourite, followed by Dead End Friends and Caligulove.

saw them last night in Perth. Awesome show i thought!

My ears are still ringing

think they did a new song too, i didnt recognise one of them.

I've changed my mind completely on this album, its great. No One Loves Me & Neither Do I is my favourite, followed by Dead End Friends and Caligulove.
Add Elephant and you have my top four on the album.

Seeing them this Saturday (lucky I checked, I thought it was the Friday gig until today)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back