coasting

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2004
Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardies
If ever a team deserved to lose it was Essendon this week. Lloyd gets suspended then gets off, Sheedy and Hird act like complete tools all week. Instead we have a mental lapse for 21 minutes of the first quarter and then stage one of the best fight backs ever only to lose both our ruckmen by midway through the 3rd quarter and make a hero out a champion player whose actions off the field and inversely proportionate to his actions on it. This is one of the most gut wrenching Eagles losses ever.

If you'd bothered to enquire, I could have told you that before the game.

Don't be down. Your team made a huge contribution to what makes our game great. Be proud. Your team deserves the highest accolades. I will tell you one thing, not many people who saw the game are going to forget it in a hurry. I'd look upon it as a coming-of-age.

P.S. Never underestimate the value of earning respect.

Originally posted by coasting
If ever a team deserved to lose it was Essendon this week. Lloyd gets suspended then gets off, Sheedy and Hird act like complete tools all week. Instead we have a mental lapse for 21 minutes of the first quarter and then stage one of the best fight backs ever only to lose both our ruckmen by midway through the 3rd quarter and make a hero out a champion player whose actions off the field and inversely proportionate to his actions on it. This is one of the most gut wrenching Eagles losses ever.

Yes there is - but he's a phucken bombers supporter !!

How unlucky can we get?? THat was just bu!ll**** tonight where the hell did that hird pull that out of! Destroyed by two guys that shouldnt have even been playing. Why the hell do the eagles give teams such a big lead then play catch up footy it just makes it harder.. they could for once get into gear in the first quarter and have the game over by the second half. I honestly believe that the eagles are good enough that they shouldnt stuggle against any side home or away but yet the last two weeks we give them leads play our guts out then pike at the end. I was bitterly dissapointed and the eagles cant afford any more games like those two if they want to finish top 4. I know its early but this is the type of match that will lost you come september. However i am glad the eagles had the go to come back from the first quarter and not give in that deserves credit.

There's a God, he was crucified by the media Thursady and Friday, and was resurrected tonight, just in time to kick the last goal and win the game.

Originally posted by Vintage 62
There's a God, he was crucified by the media Thursady and Friday, and was resurrected tonight, just in time to kick the last goal and win the game.

This is exactly what I mean about making a hero out of hird. Bomber fans will place him on a pedestal for 'speaking out' and call it justice etc. Damn, we suck.

maybe essendon deserved to lose... but who says the eagles deserved to win? let a side get an 8 goal head start and expect victory?

Originally posted by go team
maybe essendon deserved to lose... but who says the eagles deserved to win? let a side get an 8 goal head start and expect victory?

Sure we stunk it up in the first quarter but over the whole game I thought we were better. We had more scoring shots but we kicked badly while Essendon had almost divine accuracy. Everything seemed to go right for them at the right times, it was sickening.

Originally posted by go team
so it was god's fault the eagles lost? i think god has more important things to worry about..

Try reading it again. I didn't say it was God's fault we lost, I said there is no God period.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering its the third week in a row that you've had a hard running close game, losing both ruckmen to injury, it was a great effort for West Coast to even get that close.

You guys got definitely got ripped off, although all anyone will be talking about is how amazing Hird was for one quarter.

We have played thre games of passion close to that of finals footy. In those games we have been without key players, played injured guys, blooded youngsters and played a hack or two.

But we could have won all three with a bit of luck.

The experience our young side is getting is very valuable

and I , for one was very proud of them tonight (barring the first 15mins), and footy was the winner for such an exciting and entertaining game.

Originally posted by Frodo
We have played thre games of passion close to that of finals footy. In those games we have been without key players, played injured guys, blooded youngsters and played a hack or two.

But we could have won all three with a bit of luck.

I think we beat the bulldogs because we had a little more experience in the end.

I think we lost to Port because we have a sub-standard defense and they are a little more experienced.

Against Essendon... I just don't know. I thought it was a game we should have won. There was a lot of very good things and a lot of very bad things to take out of this game.

the reasons you lost were to do with your inability to stop Lloyd.....

Unnaccountibility on Hird.....

Hirds out and out determination to drag Essendon over the line......

The 8 goal head start you gave them......

Loosing your 2 ruckman gun ruckman.....

.....and thus, being severley hindered in the forward line.

And the free kick that should have gone to Sampi whilst he was being held on to by his jumper by an Essendon player whilst that long bomb came down into the hotspot (I was sitting behind the goals on L3 and my mate called it as well).

Looking at the first 6 reasons I listed, It's amazing that you guys did so damn well.

Reminds me of the Coll/WC match of last year. The last quarter match winning roles of Embley, Gardiner and Wirrappunda performed by them last time were this time performed by Mr. Hird with his trusty sidekick Mr Lloyd.

Thanks for the entertainment.

Well our season is on the line next week. It's as simple as that. You cant give any side an 8 goal headstart and expect to win. Yeah we came back and yeah we made a game out of it but we cant play catch up football all season, it's starting to get ridiculous.

Poor effort.

Can I just commend you guys on your wonderful, fair, good sport supporters?

I sat with numerous West Coast people around me at the game, who had all flew over from Perth for the easter weekend and they were great people! We had a great time and we enjoyed the thrilling game, they wern't too cut on losing either and fully gave credit to the Bombers for a great win!

Originally posted by bOmBeR_BoY1
Can I just commend you guys on your wonderful, fair, good sport supporters?

I sat with numerous West Coast people around me at the game, who had all flew over from Perth for the easter weekend and they were great people! We had a great time and we enjoyed the thrilling game, they wern't too cut on losing either and fully gave credit to the Bombers for a great win!

If they weren't too cut on losing, don't sound like real supporters to me. That loss would have hurt.

Last night I sat there for 2 hours after the game virtually without moving I was so disappointed at the result.

This morning, I'm still disappointed, but recognise that (yet again) we played our part in one of the greatest games of the greatest game.

I don't know if we can keep up this intensity though. We play the game like a roller coaster. Our effort and never-say-die attitude is amazing. But I'd settle for a couple of quiet games where we win without having to dig so deep. Still, never a dull moment. Who have we got next week again?:cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

There is no God

Remove this Banner Ad

Back