They did their bit now you do yours.......

Remove this Banner Ad

SettledownBarry

Senior List
Mar 2, 2010
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Last night we came back from the dead & won against the odds. Down 30pts at the 20min mark all the doubters who had written us off were licking their lips at the prospect of laying the boots in to us again as we bowed out in straight sets. The boys dug deep, found something that I didnt even know was there and got up. As they left the ground I looked around and all I saw was empty seats.

Next saturday night GET TO THE BLOODY GAME! It was embarrassing, the smallest crowd in Melbourne for a final since 1935. 1935!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know we are going to be massive underdogs but who cares, we are always written off & I wouldnt want it any other way. St.Kilda are a great side but definitely not bullet proof. We are in this up to our eyeballs guys & we need every dog in red, white & blue there saturday night. No negativity, no loser mentality just be there for your club, it's our 3rd chance in a row at a crack at the big one so DO YOUR BIT. I know the saints supporters will be there in massive numbers, half of them already have one hand of the cup. DO YOUR BIT & GET THERE.

wouldn't want to be a doggy fan who didn't go to the prelim on the night we make a grand final

Yeah, but those sorts wouldn't even be happy to make a grand final if we didn't win it - hate to think what's going to happen when it's our turn to drop down the ladder. These people couldn't have been watching the Bulldogs before 1989

....amazing are we the softest supporter group in the comp....I think so.
Agreed - and then they expect the players to be hard

Last night we came back from the dead & won against the odds. Down 30pts at the 20min mark all the doubters who had written us off were licking their lips at the prospect of laying the boots in to us again as we bowed out in straight sets. The boys dug deep, found something that I didnt even know was there and got up. As they left the ground I looked around and all I saw was empty seats.

Who cares really - you cant make other people go to games, and $77 is a lot of money for many of our supporters. The AFL only have themselves to blame for the poor crowds in both semi finals - it is the same almost every year - they charge obscene amounts of money to see these games that many see as the soft week of the finals.

Next saturday night GET TO THE BLOODY GAME! It was embarrassing, the smallest crowd in Melbourne for a final since 1935. 1935!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where did this info come from? I have been to many finals that have had smaller crowds than last night.

36,534 Hawthorn v Adelaide in 2007
25,195 North v Port Adelaide in 2005
37,475 Essendon v West Coast in 2002
31,476 North v Port Adelaide in 1999
36,102 Essendon v West Coast in 1995
38,223 Hawthorn v North in 1994
29,147 North v West Coast in 1993

Most of those were at Etihad or Waverley, but a couple were at the MCG.

Our crowd against Sydney in 2008 wasn't much bigger....42,731.

It felt like a Swans home game last night. It was pathetic. Next week is either the greatest victory for the club in the last 50 years, or it is the last game of one of our club's greatest ever champions.

No excuses for a low turn-out next week.

Lowest crowd for a semi final.

Poor turnout......even allowing for price of tickets. Some supporters have short memories. Not that long ago we we would have been desperate to see our blokes in a final. Our team deserved better last night.

sorry should have clarified smallest crowd at the mcg for a final for a semi. No matter how you look at it, from a cost side of things or being the 'soft week' of the finals (not sure how any supporter could see a cut throat final as soft) we were piss poor. Only someone who didnt go would argue otherwise...

Its too expensive. By time I get a ticket and pay for either parking and petrol or public transport I've spent what $90?? Id much rather take my partner out for a nice dinner and watch it from the comfort of my couch. I actually enjoy watching footy on tv at home more than going to the game. The AFL is getting record tv deals so I guess people like me serve some importance to the game. lol

$77 bucks is really steep actually !

a bit of a rip off if you ask me for a semi final!

cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do people keep saying $77? You could get perfectly good tickets for $47 as an adult.
People have known we will be playing finals for weeks, I can understand if you are absolutely broke, but most people could manage to save $150 to go to the first three weeks of the finals. Especially when it could have been a club legends last game.

Too expensive for a semi-final.

I think there should be three pricing categories for tickets, with this structure I think attendances will be better.
1. (Cheapest) Elimination and Semi
2. Qualifying and Prelim
3. Grand Final

I knew we were in trouble with our numbers when the great majority of fans spilling off trains at Richmond Station were wearing red and white. Fair dinkum, with their red and white scarves etc it looked like a 'Where's Wally Convention".

As for the Bulldogs fans saying it's all too expensive. Of course it is, that's what finals are about. You don't hear the 10s of thousands of Magpie supporters whinging about the cost, they'll turn up in their droves irrespective.

Next week is a Prelim Final FFS! Sell the kids, mortgage the house, busk on the path to the G. But be there, Doggies.

Why do people keep saying $77? You could get perfectly good tickets for $47 as an adult.
People have known we will be playing finals for weeks, I can understand if you are absolutely broke, but most people could manage to save $150 to go to the first three weeks of the finals. Especially when it could have been a club legends last game.

That's what I kept thinking, how could anyone risk missing possibly Johnno's last game.

I paid $63 x 2 sat in the 2nd row top deck half forward/wing of the Olympic stand for the first time. I think it actually feels closer than the top deck over in the Southern stand, don't think I'd like being right up the back though.

I cannot make the prelim next sat night due to committments made months ago. I will be listening to the radio and hoping for a turn of fortune. If the dogs make it through, I'll be crossing my fingers that I get a GF ticket on my social club membership

wouldn't want to be a doggy fan who didn't go to the prelim on the night we make a grand final....
As I fight with work to leave a few hours earlier on Saturday so I can go to the game, reading that breaks my heart :( Pray for me that my employer has a heart.

While I'm on the topic, does anyone know when they stop guarding the gates and just let people in and out? Is it half time or three quarter time?

Remove this Banner Ad

They did their bit now you do yours.......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back