Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Raining in the cities doesnt really help the farmers anyway (i think).
And rain at the wrong time doesn't help the farmers or too much

It's all too much.

Snapping Episode 2 GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

Do other states have Barnacle Bill? I've never understood how it still exists and their ads are still exactly the same as when I last had anything from there in the 90s.

Do other states have Barnacle Bill? I've never understood how it still exists and their ads are still exactly the same as when I last had anything from there in the 90s.
Apparently SA and NSW

We have one up the road from me.

Used it 3 times? In last 4 years
I remember one near me in the 90s trying to compete with maccas and kfc

It didn't last

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a news item referring to a Penrith store opening last year being their first in NSW

It looks like Cairns had a seemingly unrelated and more upscale Barnacle Bill’s restaurant for a couple decades

I think iconic SA stuff like Balfours and Farmers Union had a bit more crossover recognition than Barnacle Bills. Probably not a bad time to expand though as a lot of local chippys struggled to navigate the pandemic period without some change of management or the like.

Last edited:
Woolies - no flags for Australia day

Also Woolies

Flags for everyone during the olympics!

Campaigners

Why would anyone buy a flag for the Olympics. Unless of course I missed something and they are here in Australia

So much fuss about FA

I remember during Sydney 2000 one day during the athletics I just started making my own bunch of flags using twigs, derwents and the like...starting to sound vaguely like my grandfather who crafted all his childhood toys from wood. When West Coast lost the 2006 QF (devo) I designed my own WEGish Premiers poster and slapped it on my bedroom door to will it and the fates smiled kindly.

It’s not like anyone can go to any Olympic event. Australia Day on the other hand….

Shit… I didn’t realise Woolworths were the only retailer who sold Australian flags

It’s not like anyone can go to any Olympic event. Australia Day on the other hand….

It's amazing how upset people get about not being able to go to Woolies to buy a plastic flag made in China to bogan it up on a public holiday

I thought all the bogans were boycotting Woolies so how would they know what they are selling now
when they heard Dutton was going to nationalise it they probably thought the flags would be back

Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back