Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Cindy .

cindy crawford pepsi GIF by NOWNESS

Anyone ?

now,this one is going back a bit, but i was reminded of it recently and never understood it

back in the original australian idol days, mark holden and his whole touchdown routine.
why does he wind his arm around and then point saying touchdown when a touchdown is putting both hands up in the air and no winding of arms or pointing at all?

never understood it

now,this one is going back a bit, but i was reminded of it recently and never understood it

back in the original australian idol days, mark holden and his whole touchdown routine.
why does he wind his arm around and then point saying touchdown when a touchdown is putting both hands up in the air and no winding of arms or pointing at all?

never understood it
Im pretty confident that man had never watched a game of NFL or College Ball in his life

(Log in to remove this ad.)

never understood it

Like office people who think they rock stars .

Or 'work hard, play harder'

Though I did see an ad the other day where they listed as perks

4 weeks annual leave per year (EBA requirement, hardly a perk)
&
Sit/stand desk (ooohhh you spoil your staff, where do I sign)

Perks have certainly increased in some roles, some offer extra leave, sign on bonuses, free gym, free barista coffee, not sure the leave and the option to sit or stand are getting arses on seats.

I can't do the standing desk thing, it feels stupid, I do not rate it. (I have the option as well as 4 weeks of leave amazingly)

Perks have certainly increased in some roles, some offer extra leave, sign on bonuses, free gym, free barista coffee, not sure the leave and the option to sit or stand are getting arses on seats.

I can't do the standing desk thing, it feels stupid, I do not rate it. (I have the option as well as 4 weeks of leave amazingly)
Yeah the gym passport thing is popular here atm. Many are trying to claim 2 days WFH per week is a 'perk' which I guess it is but when it's so standard now I think its less of a perk and more expected by all applicants. Perks are what you should put in an ad to lure people in and put you above every other company... 4 weeks annual leave was a bizarre dot point!

Also not a fan of the standing desk but do note it's way better for you. Probably should do an hour or so a day but never do

It’s really ****ing hard to write job ads these days 😂
Isn't that what AI is for? :sweatsmile:

I must admit, I applied for a job this week and as I was struggling to write my cover letter, I did think - how do they know if you've used AI for it?

Isn't that what AI is for? :sweatsmile:

I must admit, I applied for a job this week and as I was struggling to write my cover letter, I did think - how do they know if you've used AI for it?
AI isn't 'that' good yet. It usually types up a sentence or 2 in a way no one would really use and outs you...

carefully read and edit it before applying and you'll be golden though I think

Remove this Banner Ad

Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back